Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers honoring Jerome Bettis with ceremony in Oct. 1
I guess they will string together a good stretch of film from the early years and the 2004 game in order to pump them up a bit...better skip all the rest though.[Image: devil.gif] Looking back at some of the old clips.

In 1996 and 1997, when the Ravens were horrible and trying to find it's way and he was in his prime, Bettis feasted. He posted 4 consecutive 100+ yard games and totaled 2 tds. But in 1998, something happened. The defense started to find it's way with it's young trio of Boulware, Sharper and Lewis and for the next 8 seasons, Bettis only had one other 100 yard game and 2 tds(same game in 2004) while also flat out missing 6 of the 16 games with various "injuries". He was scared of R. Lewis. Tongue
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
he didnt want to be knifed
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 01:45 PM)Griever Wrote: he didnt want to be knifed

Nah he was just a fat punk.

Ray Give the Bus a Flat
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 01:49 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Nah he was just a fat punk.

Ray Give the Bus a Flat

Smirk

Yeah....not so much.

But when old Ray Ray gets in...and he will...I'll be sure to post a nice video of him tripping over himself.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?
Reply/Quote
Jerome Bettis was an L.A. Ram.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 02:42 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

I wonder if they will announce that Bettis was from Detroit?
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 02:42 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: Did you know Jerome Bettis is from Detroit?

(06-27-2015, 09:44 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I wonder if they will announce that Bettis was from Detroit?

Oh, I'm sure it will get mentioned....

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Jerome Bettis was a Fighting Irish.... Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Here's one they can show of Ray. From his 14th season in the league, so "old man" like GMDino said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrnDLXxVoFE
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 12:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Here's one they can show of Ray. From his 14th season in the league, so "old man" like GMDino said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrnDLXxVoFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8M3lzsW9g

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8M3lzsW9g

ThumbsUp

I guess 36 year old linebackers can't open field tackle all the hotshot 25 year old running backs when Jarret Johnson trips in front of them.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 10:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I guess 36 year old linebackers can't open field tackle all the hotshot 25 year old running backs when Jarret Johnson trips in front of them.

lol...jarret or not ray had no chance.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 10:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I guess 36 year old linebackers can't open field tackle all the hotshot 25 year old running backs when Jarret Johnson trips in front of them.

Excuses excuses....
Reply/Quote
Funny how ole Romey Rome would find an ailment when it came time to play the Ravens. But atleast he didn't refuse to go back into a game like another back we know.
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 01:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Excuses excuses....

Not going to pretend like he didn't lose a step at the age of 36 or that even a HOFer won't have issues with a mismatch against one of the best backs in the league who is 11 years his junior, but that clip demonstrated that Jarret Johnson got punked by Beastmode. Ray definitely went the wrong way when going for the tackle, but he trips over Johnson.

That said, he was 36.

Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not going to pretend like he didn't lose a step at the age of 36 or that even a HOFer won't have issues with a mismatch against one of the best backs in the league who is 11 years his junior, but that clip demonstrated that Jarret Johnson got punked by Beastmode. Ray definitely went the wrong way when going for the tackle, but he trips over Johnson.

That said, he was 36.

Stop it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-28-2015, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not going to pretend like he didn't lose a step at the age of 36 or that even a HOFer won't have issues with a mismatch against one of the best backs in the league who is 11 years his junior, but that clip demonstrated that Jarret Johnson got punked by Beastmode. Ray definitely went the wrong way when going for the tackle, but he trips over Johnson.

That said, he was 36.

did ray ever find his athletic support after that?
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2015, 01:53 PM)Griever Wrote: did ray ever find his athletic support after that?

He didn't need it, after having Tony Siragusa, Sam Adams, and Haloti Ngata  carry him so long.
Not to mention, Bambi antler dried up his stones.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
my question is this, will they have a younger better RB do all the work for the ceremony then have Bettis come in at the very end for the score... I mean speech.
Reply/Quote