Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers hosting Trai Turner
Trai is a good fit for the gap power scheme the Steelers use. They must have not been too impressed with their guards in OTA’s
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 06:56 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Trai is a good fit for the gap power scheme the Steelers use.  They must have not been too impressed with their guards in OTA’s

He must not fit our wide zone much either.

Trai was making a push for us I saw but evidently we weren't interested.

I am still liking Morgan Moses if we want to put him at Guard, very good run blocker. He will have to start though.

He will command dough. But he is worth it as he is a very good Tackle in a pinch too.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He must not fit our wide zone much either.

I am still liking Morgan Moses if we want to put him at Guard, very good run blocker. He will have to start though.

He will command dough. But he is worth it as he is a very good Tackle in a pinch too.

Moses is/was close to signing with the Jets. The one hang-up, he won’t play guard.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 08:13 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Moses is/was close to signing with the Jets.  The one hang-up, he won’t play guard.

He wouldn't be the first Tackle in history to be displaced at his preferred position, only to find his NFL future depending on his willingness to play Guard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 08:13 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Moses is/was close to signing with the Jets.  The one hang-up, he won’t play guard.

Not a good move by him, have to be versatile, or maybe he just didn't want to play for the Jets. Ninja

(06-18-2021, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He wouldn't be the first Tackle in history to be displaced at his preferred position, only to find his NFL future depending on his willingness to play Guard.

Yep. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2021, 08:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a good move by him, have to be versatile, or maybe he just didn't want to play for the Jets. Ninja

Yep. Smirk

Crazy to think at this point a guy is against signing any contract. Seems like it'd be smarter to sign a one year deal and gamble on himself again next year in FA with the expanded cap. Unless he is hoping that he'll get a call when an injury happens.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-20-2021, 10:53 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Crazy to think at this point a guy is against signing any contract. Seems like it'd be smarter to sign a one year deal and gamble on himself again next year in FA with the expanded cap. Unless he is hoping that he'll get a call when an injury happens.

True, don't understand what Morgan is thinking...

But hey, maybe he is happy where he is at, who knows.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 06:56 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Trai is a good fit for the gap power scheme the Steelers use. They must have not been too impressed with their guards in OTA’s

Was listening to 1010 radio out here yesterday and they had someone on from Pittsburgh and he was mentioning how they are gonna try and go a more wide zone approach with their run game....
Reply/Quote
with the DeCastro release, Turner signing with the Steelers seems to be the next announcement

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he’ll be as bad as he was last year if he signs with them.

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2021, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He must not fit our wide zone much either.

Bengals are content with who they have, it seems.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 02:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals are content with who they have, it seems.

Certainly seems that way. Hope it pans out, I like our young guys and I think our vets will play better than some think.

Namely Spain.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 10:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Certainly seems that way. Hope it pans out, I like our young guys and I think our vets will play better than some think.

Namely Spain.

The only young guys I really like are Williams and Carman. I don't really care for Adeniji, Johnson, Price, and Jordan.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 09:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The only young guys I really like are Williams and Carman. I don't really care for Adeniji, Johnson, Price, and Jordan.

I like D'Ante Smith, Trey Hill and Adeniji. Agree on those 3. We can upgrade easily over them.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 02:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like D'Ante Smith, Trey Hill and Adeniji. Agree on those 3. We can upgrade easily over them.

We'll see what D'Ante Smith and Trey Hill turn out to be.
I'm never really optimistic about OL taken on Day 3.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We'll see what D'Ante Smith and Trey Hill turn out to be.

Perfectly understandable.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2021, 05:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We'll see what D'Ante Smith and Trey Hill turn out to be.

If trey hill plays center many of the leagues starters are day 3 guys
Reply/Quote