27-32 (Among the worst)
2.50%
1 2.50%
Total 40 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rank our CBs
(06-27-2021, 02:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Richard Sherman was a left corner and the best on his team. That doesnt make him CB1

I think we have different definitions of what a #1 corner means. It's a corner that plays for a defense that has the corner follow the other teams best Wide Receiver. Trae Waynes circumstances were different because Zimmer doesnt move his outside corners so they each seen a share of other teams best receiving options.

Of the same opinion...
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 02:36 PM)Synric Wrote: Richard Sherman was a left corner and the best on his team. That doesnt make him CB1

I think we have different definitions of what a #1 corner means. It's a corner that plays for a defense that has the corner follow the other teams best Wide Receiver. Trae Waynes circumstances were different because Zimmer doesnt move his outside corners so they each seen a share of other teams best receiving options.

A #1 CB  to me is the best CB on the Team he doesn't have to travel around to cover the best WR.
To me Wayne's is our best CB therefore making him our defacto #1 CB. With that being said him being our best CB is a bad thing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 03:31 PM)J24 Wrote: A #1 CB  to me is the best CB on the Team he doesn't have to travel around to cover the best WR.
To me Wayne's is our best CB therefore making him our defacto #1 CB. With that being said him being our best CB is a bad thing.

We will see. If he doesn't play well Phillips is nipping on his heals who can make plays.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 01:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Wayne's is a good #2 CB but wasn't worth the Contract that was given.

I mean, you should at least wait to see him play on that new contract before you come to the conclusion he isn't worth it.

You can't always judge a player strictly on past performance, especially guys who are coming off a rookie contract.  Some players see more development than others.  Some players flourish in new systems.  There's a lot of reasons a free agent can more than live up to a contract that was initially deemed as a reach.

At least give the guy a chance.
Reply/Quote
Another tough one to grade. Gone are the days where the Bengals field a top 5 CB unit, but this one ain't bad either. Just not top tier.

The top tier safeties certainly helps this unit though, so I have to say in the top half, but it's likely in the bottom portion of that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-27-2021, 07:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, you should at least wait to see him play on that new contract before you come to the conclusion he isn't worth it.

You can't always judge a player strictly on past performance, especially guys who are coming off a rookie contract.  Some players see more development than others.  Some players flourish in new systems.  There's a lot of reasons a free agent can more than live up to a contract that was initially deemed as a reach.

At least give the guy a chance.

Thanks Wes, extremely well said.
Reply/Quote