Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers imploding?
Seems like it and you got to love it! First Bell sits out all season and now AB throws a hissy fit before the last game and has since asked to be traded for the second time this season. Have to wonder if he might sit out next season if he's not traded.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-has-requested-trade-has-issues-with-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Seems like it and you got to love it! First Bell sits out all season and now AB throws a hissy fit before the last game and has since asked to be traded for the second time this season. Have to wonder if he might sit out next season if he's not traded.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-has-requested-trade-has-issues-with-ben-roethlisberger-mike-tomlin/

The big question is if the NFL will investigate the situation and take punitive action since the injury report was supposedly a lie...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The big question is if the NFL will investigate the situation and take punitive action since the injury report was supposedly a lie...

Great point but like anything else involving the steelers, i'm sure they'll just sweep it under the rug.
Reply/Quote
Most of their success has ridden on that OL they have. Damn good line, others get the credit and then act ridiculously stupid and unprofessional. But if you’re an organization that can’t reel them in then it’s on them. Much like Cincy has done. This is why I respect B.B. so much. He doesn’t let that stuff get out of hand.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:27 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Great point but like anything else involving the steelers, i'm sure they'll just sweep it under the rug.

Or. calling ex steeler uncle tom, very racist remark, should be disciplined 
Reply/Quote
From NFL.com:

Art Rooney II met with local print media members Wednesday and provided a greater look into the state of the Pittsburgh Steelers than usual.

No. 1 on the list? You guessed it: Antonio Brown.

Rooney addressed the Brown drama again and told reporters he hasn't been engaged in trade talks for Brown yet, but added that there aren't "that many signs out there" that point to A.B. returning to Pittsburgh at this time, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Brown's drama and most recent decision to sit out of Pittsburgh's season finale have recycled the growing question: Are the Steelers spiraling out of control?

"I don't know where it comes from," Rooney said of the question and perception of a franchise losing its identity amid relentless drama. "As far as I am concerned, it is nonsense."

Brown has been a source of drama for some time now, and Le'Veon Bell's contract dispute and decision to sit out the 2018 season fanned those flames, which grew stronger when Brown's latest internal dispute occured. As for Bell, Rooney is happy with the state of the position without the two-time All-Pro, saying the performance of James Conner and Jaylen Samuels has him feeling good about the position.

Rooney addressed that and more in his time with the local beat writers:

» Rooney defended Pittsburgh's decision to tag Bell, asking the rhetorical question of how frequent such a thing has happened in the NFL's history.

» On Brown's decision to sit out of the Week 17 game against Cincinnati, Rooney said: "I wish I could say that I talked to Antonio and understand what he was thinking," per The Athletic's Mark Kaboly.

» In defense of Brown, Rooney said the receiver was not a distraction "until the last week of the season ... the situation changed the last week of the season." Rooney went on to say Brown received his final game check despite choosing to sit out of the Week 17 game: "He probably did what he needed to do to avoid his last check being voided," he said, per Bouchette.

» Rooney said one of Pittsburgh's goals is to secure an extension for 36-year-old quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who has one year left on his current deal.

» Rooney would not commit to making an effort to extend coach Mike Tomlin, who has two years left on his contract. "Those are things we'll get to later in the offseason," he said, per Bouchette.

» Rooney said he's talked to Tomlin about installing an assistant for the coach to help with with challenge calls on the field, but it wouldn't be their sole role, calling it "important," per Bouchette.

» There was also this gut punch concerning kicker Chris Boswell, who had a difficult 2018:

ARII: "If I had to point to a couple of things that were problem areas that cost us the opportunity was No. 1 was the lack of even an average kicking game. For inexplicable reasons our kicker went from one of the best in the league to one of the worst in the league."

» Rooney acknowledged that Pittsburgh's defense was better, but the team still needs improvement from its secondary. Currently, veteran corner Joe Haden is Pittsburgh's best defensive back. Haden turns 30 in April.

» Rooney said Ryan Shazier still wants to rehabilitate with the goal of returning to an NFL field at some point. In order to make that possible, Rooney said the Steelers would probably have to sign him to a player contract this year to allow him to continue on such a path, since Shazier's current deal expires at the start of the new league year.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals traded Mike Brown to the steelers and renamed him Dan Rooney.. What a great trade! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 05:53 PM)grampahol Wrote: The Bengals traded Mike Brown to the steelers and renamed him Dan Rooney.. What a great trade! 

What did they get back?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What did they get back?

A handshake and a hearty thank you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:33 PM)McC Wrote: A handshake and a hearty thank you.

Bengals definitely got the better end of the deal on that one.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What did they get back?

It's not what we got back, but what did they get! The son of a HOF team owner of course.. You can never go wrong with the son of... Well, there was that Sam guy, but you know... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 05:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: It's not what we got back, but what did they get! The son of a HOF team owner of course.. You can never go wrong with the son of... Well, there was that Sam guy, but you know... 

But you did say he was traded.  What probably happened was that we released him and they snatched him up.
Reply/Quote
Was just reported, AB was apparently involved in a domestic violence issue in January but wasn't arrested.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was just reported, AB was apparently involved in a domestic violence issue in January but wasn't arrested.

Maybe he wasn't the aggressor?  Most States have a law where whenever there is a DV call, someone goes to jail..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe he wasn't the aggressor?  Most States have a law where whenever there is a DV call, someone goes to jail..

It's possible, the guy is having some serious issues right now. He showed up to the EA SB party and he was pretty obviously stoned. 
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Was just reported, AB was apparently involved in a domestic violence issue in January but wasn't arrested.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25931165/pittsburgh-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-involved-domestic-dispute-not-arrested
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2019, 03:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: It's possible, the guy is having some serious issues right now. He showed up to the EA SB party and he was pretty obviously stoned. 

nah.  this dude's ok in the head. 

[Image: 5c545d0cc1ccd86ff800000e.png]
Reply/Quote
AB officially requests a trade.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2019, 03:24 PM)cinci4life Wrote: AB officially requests a trade.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25980659/wide-receiver-antonio-brown-asks-steelers-trade

I say good riddance. 

Go JuJu!
Reply/Quote
AB uses twitter likes to slam Big Ben:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/15/antonio-brown-uses-twitter-as-a-weapon-against-ben-roethlisberger/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote