Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers lose (look awful) and Bengals win.
And no threads from Bengals fans almost an hour later.

Glad to see it!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
My Condolences!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
To be truthful, the steelers haven't looked all that imposing yet this season. Heck, the browns gave them a game in cleveland...where we blew them out. I expect tomlin to get them going for their next game though...and ML has a woeful record coming off bye weeks.
Reply/Quote
How did they throw 5 picks?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How did they throw 5 picks?

ben should have retired last season.
Reply/Quote

(10-08-2017, 05:46 PM)Beaker Wrote: ben should have retired last season.

Two were tipped.

And maybe... Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote

They didn't, Ben did.

Here's the truth that many Steelers fans won't want to accept, our coaching staff is abysmal and Ben retired this past off season and didn't tell anyone.  Ben was discouraged by the utter dogshit game plan against the Pats in last years AFCCG, this was why he contemplated retirement.  Imagine busting your ass all year to get to that game and have your coaches give the game to the opponent on a silver platter by utilizing a game plan (on both sides of the ball) that has been demonstrably proven, literally hundreds of times, to be a recipe for failure against the Belichick Pats.  Imagine knowing that, unless things fall perfectly for you, another SB title is a pipe dream simply by dint of the ineptitude of your coaching staff.  The Steelers have a roster that is top five in the NFL, as far as talent from top to bottom, yet they consistently lay huge eggs against inferior teams.  Tomlin is a great evaluater of talent, he is also good at relating to his players, however the latter is not always a strength.  Patton or Rommel's men didn't fight for them because they could relate to them, they did it because they were men who commanded respect, were worthy of that respect and demonstrated excellence in their profession.  Point being, you don't have to want to get a beer with a dude to charge a machine gun nest for them, or play through pain or give that last bit of energy and effort for them.

The Bengals, in a cosmic twist that would make Loki grin, actually showed the Steelers the value of moving on from a coach who has proven themselves incompetent.  At the very least Todd Haley needs to be fired.  The man calls the plays for the best top to bottom offensive roster in the league, at the very least top three, and the Steelers struggle to move the ball or score.  Ben will not play next year unless we demonstrate a commitment to winning that demands results from coaches as much as it demands of players.  Without Ben this team drafts in the high teens, low twenties every year, just like we did with Cowher when he had no one under center who was worth half a shit.  Make the move or prepare for mediocrity Art II.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: And no threads from Bengals fans almost an hour later.

Glad to see it!

Not much to crow about in bengal land.  Sure they got a win today but it was against the bills(who may or may not be pretenders, leaning towards the former) and one against the hapless browns.  Not much to get excited about 
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: And no threads from Bengals fans almost an hour later.

Glad to see it!

We're just handling our business and getting ready for next week.................  we're not worried that your star receiver whines like a little ***** or that your team looks like shit, but you better be concerned about getting your ass handed to you in KC next week and then be worried about us coming to town to hand you your asses.

Geno might cripple Ben and Burfict might kill Bell and Brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We're just handling our business and getting ready for next week.................  we're not worried that your star receiver whines like a little ***** or that your team looks like shit, but you better be concerned about getting your ass handed to you in KC next week and then be worried about us coming to town to hand you your asses.

Geno might cripple Ben and Burfict might kill Bell and Brown.

I AM PUMPED FOR NEXT WEEK! D is throwing a shutout for sure.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They didn't, Ben did.

Here's the truth that many Steelers fans won't want to accept, our coaching staff is abysmal and Ben retired this past off season and didn't tell anyone.  Ben was discouraged by the utter dogshit game plan against the Pats in last years AFCCG, this was why he contemplated retirement.  Imagine busting your ass all year to get to that game and have your coaches give the game to the opponent on a silver platter by utilizing a game plan (on both sides of the ball) that has been demonstrably proven, literally hundreds of times, to be a recipe for failure against the Belichick Pats.  Imagine knowing that, unless things fall perfectly for you, another SB title is a pipe dream simply by dint of the ineptitude of your coaching staff.  The Steelers have a roster that is top five in the NFL, as far as talent from top to bottom, yet they consistently lay huge eggs against inferior teams.  Tomlin is a great evaluater of talent, he is also good at relating to his players, however the latter is not always a strength.  Patton or Rommel's men didn't fight for them because they could relate to them, they did it because they were men who commanded respect, were worthy of that respect and demonstrated excellence in their profession.  Point being, you don't have to want to get a beer with a dude to charge a machine gun nest for them, or play through pain or give that last bit of energy and effort for them.

The Bengals, in a cosmic twist that would make Loki grin, actually showed the Steelers the value of moving on from a coach who has proven themselves incompetent.  At the very least Todd Haley needs to be fired.  The man calls the plays for the best top to bottom offensive roster in the league, at the very least top three, and the Steelers struggle to move the ball or score.  Ben will not play next year unless we demonstrate a commitment to winning that demands results from coaches as much as it demands of players.  Without Ben this team drafts in the high teens, low twenties every year, just like we did with Cowher when he had no one under center who was worth half a shit.  Make the move or prepare for mediocrity Art II.
I've spent the last 9 months trying to figure out the equivalent embarrassment I could display at a moment in my career as what Tomlin did to himself and let Belicheck do to him in that AFC Championship game. I honestly can't imagine a failure that epic where I get completely bullied into submission by someone so much more alpha that I know deep down he doesn't even respect my effort despite being outwardly professional about it. Like, shit happens and the NFL has parity, but to appearing give up like that without even trying is just when you actually tried is unimagineable. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I know I saw the Pats-Steelers game, but I cant remember what you are alluding to. I know it was ugly for the Steelers, but what specifically are you referring to?

Reply/Quote
Just saw Bortles line. Losing to that would be hard to swallow.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know I saw the Pats-Steelers game, but I cant remember what you are alluding to. I know it was ugly for the Steelers, but what specifically are you referring to?

The "lets play soft zone so and keep everything in front of us so we don't give up the big play" defensive scheme that Brady simply sits back and carves up like a Thanksgiving turkey every. single. time. they play.  
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: They didn't, Ben did.
So when he does something good like throw a touchdown or run for one, is he the only one that gets credit or is it a score for the team?
(10-08-2017, 07:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I AM PUMPED FOR NEXT WEEK! D is throwing a shutout for sure.

I'm BEYOND pumped!  

Our team's going to be firing on all cylinders and just out for blood.  Ben's already looking defeated and the team that feeds off of him dies off of him, as well.

I pray that Marvin doesn't come out conservative and just attacks all game on offense and defense, because going conservative once we get up will result in three-and-outs and being conservative on defense will let them methodically move the ball down the field, whereas attacking them will just kill their big-play abilities and not let them get anything going.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm BEYOND pumped!  

Our team's going to be firing on all cylinders and just out for blood.  Ben's already looking defeated and the team that feeds off of him dies off of him, as well.

I pray that Marvin doesn't come out conservative and just attacks all game on offense and defense, because going conservative once we get up will result in three-and-outs and being conservative on defense will let them methodically move the ball down the field, whereas attacking them will just kill their big-play abilities and not let them get anything going.

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I know I saw the Pats-Steelers game, but I cant remember what you are alluding to. I know it was ugly for the Steelers, but what specifically are you referring to?

Our defensive game plan was to play a no pressure zone coverage. rush 3, drop 8. Brady broke his post season yardage record at the beginning of the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just saw Bortles line. Losing to that would be hard to swallow.

Didn't know his line. Checked his line after your post. It was worse than I expected.
Reply/Quote

Rushing four and playing zone against Brady is a recipe for disaster.  Brady folds like a lawn chair when he gets consistent pressure, hit him early and often and your chances of winning increase tremendously.  The Steelers played a passive whaleshit, soft as Sponge Bob, don't get burned for the big play ***** style defense.  On offense we went the same, conservative route.  Losing Bell didn't help, to be sure, but you have to plan on Belichick taking away what you do well and plan accordingly.  Tomlin and his staff looked like this was the first time they've ever seen the Pats play and had no idea how Belichick coaches.  Is was a gutless, "keep it close", conservative effort and they got rightfully bent over a barrel for it.

(10-08-2017, 09:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: So when he does something good like throw a touchdown or run for one, is he the only one that gets credit or is it a score for the team?

Don't try and score points of me small fry.  If you have a legitimate question then actually ask it.  You're not smart enough, by half, to catch me in some contradiction, so stop embarrassing yourself.
Reply/Quote