Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers rack up big fines from Chiefs game
(10-21-2017, 01:10 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Maybe some people want to talk football without every thread/conversation turning into how the refs and NFL are out to get the Bengals. That's all this forum has been for the past 2 weeks. It's a weak cry baby excuse and pathetic to keep reading for 2 weeks and then probably have to read for another week. 

To answer your question with an equally dumb question; why are people here if they already have it made up in their mind the Bengals can't win because of the refs?

I haven't made up my mind that the Bengals can't win because of the refs. I have made up my mind (a long time ago) that the Steelers get help that we rarely do. I do find it interesting there is a (small) pocket of people in this forum who don't think that's true. No way those games are fair, and I'm not talking about just the ones we play against them. When a holding penalty can be called basically every play and is up to the refs discretion, there you go.

This game will be fun to watch, because you know there will be an unreasonable Burfict penalty and holding calls against Atkins all day that won't be called and we're just supposed to swallow it, lol. I suspect a Bengals player will also get injured, Gio doesn't seem to be getting as many snaps these days but they head hunt him (and get away with it).

I didn't start the topic to talk about Steelers getting ref help, I just thought it was funny the 2 fines he got were "repeat offender" in the same game, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Actually the NFL looks even worse now that we know they did find multiple offenses. Per their own proclamations (that they used to suspend Tez) the multiple violations together with Mitchell's past record of these violations should have automatically caused a suspension.

All we are expecting is that the rules be applied consistently across the board, with absolutely no attention paid to what team it is or what player it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 03:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually the NFL looks even worse now that we know they did find multiple offenses. Per their own proclamations (that they used to suspend Tez) the multiple violations together with Mitchell's past record of these violations should have automatically caused a suspension.

All we are expecting is that the rules be applied consistently across the board, with absolutely no attention paid to what team it is or what player it is.

Yep.  Just give us an even shot.  No more, no less.

Think about how many of those Steeler trophies are tainted in one way or another.  The win over Seattle with the horrible call.  All four of the steroid years titles.  They aren't really pillar of the league.  What they really are is a sham.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:27 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: The NFL allows them to use terror to install fear in opponents. Ninja

Terror?

Really?

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Terror?

Really?

Whatever

I don't consider the statement that much of a stretch.  Violent, dangerous intimidation, at the very least.  If intent played into it, Mitchell would be in a cell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:05 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The truth hurts!  There is no way the NFL will allow the Bengals to win on Sunday.  Look for phantom holds and no call holds!  Pats, Packers, and Steelers get preferential treatment and anyone that cannot see that is delusional!! 

Its a game.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:32 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why are you even hear? I swear, I don't think I've read any post from you that wasn't complaining about the forum and various posts. If it sucks so much, then why do you keep coming here?

Same reason yall still watch the Steelers games

Reply/Quote
How he is not suspended is well beyond me
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 11:29 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Don't read it then Mellow

Dint watch it then

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:29 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Its a game.

You are on a ball breaking mission from hell.  The real question is--why?

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 09:31 PM)McC Wrote: You are on a ball breaking mission from hell.  The real question is--why?

I don't mind hyping and complaining. It's a part of the game. Some just take it to the extreme with conspiracy theories and Steelers whining. This forum turns to sht when faced with a tough opponent, almost like setting up excuses for an expected loss. 

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:02 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I don't mind hyping and complaining. It's a part of the game. Some just take it to the extreme with conspiracy theories and Steelers whining. This forum turns to sht when faced with a tough opponent, almost like setting up excuses for an expected loss. 
It's really only the Steelers.  To say it's all crap is to blindly ignore a mountain of history and evidence to support every claim.  A guy can choose to acknowledge it or ignore it, but it is there, and not just s little bit,  There's 40years of it, of the Steelers acting differently than every other team in the league and getting away with it.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: It's really only the Steelers.  To say it's all crap is to blindly ignore a mountain of history and evidence to support every claim.  A guy can choose to acknowledge it or ignore it, but it is there, and not just s little bit,  There's 40years of it, of the Steelers acting differently than every other team in the league and getting away with it.

Understood. I guess the excuses will never stop.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:20 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Understood. I guess the excuses will never stop.

A fact is not an excuse.  This is really an annual tradition.  Ask Kenny anderson's neck, huber's jaw, Eifert's head.  The list is too long to ignore.  And it's practically a dead certainty that something wonky will happen tomorrow.

If everybody else in the room looks at a thing one way and you the opposite, the smart man has to at least consider the possibility that it is he who is wrong and not everybody else.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:27 PM)McC Wrote: A fact is not an excuse.  This is really an annual tradition.  Ask Kenny anderson's neck, huber's jaw, Eifert's head.  The list is too long to ignore.  And it's practically a dead certainty that something wonky will happen tomorrow.

If everybody else in the room looks at a thing one way and you the opposite, the smart man has to at least consider the possibility that it is he who is wrong and not everybody else.

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 10:32 PM)jeremydc Wrote: :andy:

And it's not just the conspiracy theory thing about what they're allowed to get away with.  Probably even more disgusting is the amount of illegal or borderline at best pain that these rotten shitheads have inflicted on Bengals over the years. 

And they always have at least one guy, usually on their defense, who isn't trying to block or tackle you.  He's out to end you.  Harm is his intent.  If he ends your career, good deal.  If he puts you in a wheel chair, even better.  If he puts you in the ground, better still.  OK, that's probably a very small exaggeration, but it's all about intent and theirs is nothing short of wicked.  And this they call intensity, playing hard.  And their empty headed fans celebrate it, revel in it.

Mike Mitchell makes no attempt to play anywhere near within the rules.  And does so without real consequence.  So he gets a fine which is reduced to token level and trots back out there next week looking to maim.  Brains and knees, brains and knees.  That's the pregame talking to he gives himself.  Brains and knees.  Going after knees is new, btw.  He's diversifying, as per the advice of his accountant.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: I don't consider the statement that much of a stretch.  Violent, dangerous intimidation, at the very least.  If intent played into it, Mitchell would be in a cell.

wow

smh
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 12:21 AM)Beaker Wrote: wow

smh

You obviously have never seen the man play.  So, you an ignore the obvious guy too?

Careful shaking your head. A little basic respect might fall out and you might not look like such a impudent turd, disrespectful for no reason, for its own sake, apparently. I don't know. Whatever your problem is doesn't matter to me. Life's too short to bother with the likes of you.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2017, 01:10 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Maybe some people want to talk football without every thread/conversation turning into how the refs and NFL are out to get the Bengals. That's all this forum has been for the past 2 weeks. It's a weak cry baby excuse and pathetic to keep reading for 2 weeks and then probably have to read for another week. 

To answer your question with an equally dumb question; why are people here if they already have it made up in their mind the Bengals can't win because of the refs?

Yeah its an excuse that keeps happening over and over and the majority of people can see it except for you. When two teams play close, heated football games and one of the teams seem to get ridiculous calls in the most advantageous of times, people notice. 
Reply/Quote
I should have brought beer to this thread.

Reply/Quote