Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers response..
The Steelers travel to Green Bay to face the Pack on Sunday. Are they going to take their loss out on the Pack and be their usual dirty selves? Will the Pack win and the Stools fall to 1-3. They then face the Broncos...Will the Packers then be beaten up the next week when they come to the Paul to face our Bengals? If we handle Jags and go to 3-1, then beat the Pack we go to 4-1. Gonna be an interesting 2 few weeks coming up.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Steelers travel to Green Bay to face the Pack on Sunday. Are they going to take their loss out on the Pack and be their usual dirty selves? Will the Pack win and the Stools fall to 1-3.  They then face the Broncos...Will the Packers then be beaten up the next week when they come to the Paul to face our Bengals? If we handle Jags and go to 3-1, then beat the Pack we go to 4-1. Gonna be an interesting 2 few weeks coming up.

What are you; some kind of math wizard
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What are you; some kind of math wizard

Lol. But to the original post I'd say as long as our offense looks more like they did against the steelers and not the Bears we should win. Not super optimistic about the Packers but I do like that we'll have a long week ahead of the game to prepare and the Packers have looked more beatable this year so who knows.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:38 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Lol. But to the original post I'd say as long as our offense looks more like they did against the steelers and not the Bears we should win. Not super optimistic about the Packers but I do like that we'll have a long week ahead of the game to prepare and the Packers have looked more beatable this year so who knows.

We’ve had decent starts before, then everything went to hell. Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to go 4-1 against the Packers (hopefully not overlooking the Jags) it will make me feel confident this team is definitely going in the right direction.

Reply/Quote
If we beat the Packers, I'm SUPER excited about this team going forward. Right now I'm just excited.

In reality, I expect the Packers to absolutely destroy us.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We’ve had decent starts before, then everything went to hell. Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to go 4-1 against the Packers (hopefully not overlooking the Jags) it will make me feel confident this team is definitely going in the right direction.

We have a tough 2nd half schedule and I expect us to struggle going down the last stretch. But if we win the next 2 and go 4-1 I will start to become very optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 05:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Steelers travel to Green Bay to face the Pack on Sunday. Are they going to take their loss out on the Pack and be their usual dirty selves? Will the Pack win and the Stools fall to 1-3.  They then face the Broncos...Will the Packers then be beaten up the next week when they come to the Paul to face our Bengals? If we handle Jags and go to 3-1, then beat the Pack we go to 4-1. Gonna be an interesting 2 few weeks coming up.

I think the Stool beats the Pack myself.

That was a pretty good beating we put on the Stool and I think they just HAVE to respond after that or they are done.

Never thought I would see the day where I almost felt sorry for those sumbitches lol

Our D is for real, we will see how we handle the other 2 teams in the Division though. I have no idea.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 06:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We’ve had decent starts before, then everything went to hell. Hopefully, if we are fortunate enough to go 4-1 against the Packers (hopefully not overlooking the Jags) it will make me feel confident this team is definitely going in the right direction.

Don't overlook the Jags is what everyone should be thinking right now....

(09-27-2021, 06:53 PM)thillan Wrote: If we beat the Packers, I'm SUPER excited about this team going forward. Right now I'm just excited.

In reality, I expect the Packers to absolutely destroy us.

Not me, I expect us to destroy the Packers absolutely.

Just don't overlook the Jags.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think we beat the packers.

I haven’t drank that much kool aide yet. I believe the defense can contain Rodgers but the offense hasn’t cracked 30 yet and they will need to do that against a pretty decent defense
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:19 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t think we beat the packers.

I haven’t drank that much kool aide yet. I believe the defense can contain Rodgers but the offense hasn’t cracked 30 yet and they will need to do that against a pretty decent defense

Eh, the Pack don't scare me at all honestly. On either side.

Nothing against them but they aren't any better than the Bears especially on Defense.

Rodgers just looks like an old hippy out there that doesn't even throw to Devante.

I see our Offense growing from here on out if Zac gives over the play calling to Callahan or just opens it up.

We can run it, we can pass it, Burrow looks more confident and looks elusive again and our D is legit.

No one scares me except overlooking a team like the Jaguars.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the Stool beats the Pack myself.

That was a pretty good beating we put on the Stool and I think they just HAVE to respond after that or they are done.

Never thought I would see the day where I almost felt sorry for those sumbitches lol

Our D is for real, we will see how we handle the other 2 teams in the Division though. I have no idea.

I believe that is the correct statement. 

Ben looks old and slow and broked. His deep ball had no zip or accuracy.

Their OL was horrible and that was before they had multiple guys limp off the field.

They look like a team that has a lot of over-paid, past their prime guys that are killing their cap. I hope Green Bay drives another nail into their coffin and we don't have to hear about them for a few years as they deal with turning over the roster and trying to find a new QB.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, the Pack don't scare me at all honestly. On either side.

Nothing against them but they aren't any better than the Bears especially on Defense.

Rodgers just looks like an old hippy out there that doesn't even throw to Devante.

I see our Offense growing from here on out if Zac gives over the play calling to Callahan or just opens it up.

We can run it, we can pass it, Burrow looks more confident and looks elusive again and our D is legit.

No one scares me except overlooking a team like the Jaguars.

Did you miss where the 49ers took the lead with only 37 seconds left and Rodgers calmly drove the Packers down the field and comfortably into range for a game winning FG?

Week one was horrible for the Pack, since that game Rodgers has looked like his old self, since week one he has thrown for over 500 yards with 6 TDs and 0 INTs.

As for not throwing to Adams??!?!?!

Week 1 - correct the team was trash but Adams still had 5 catches for 56 yards.

Week 2 - Adams - 9 targets, 8 receptions, 121 yards.

Week 3 - Adams - 18 targets, 12 receptions, 132 yards, 1 TD

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think the Stool beats the Pack myself.

I would be absolutely SHOCKED if Pitt went to GB and won. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Also, don't fall into the trap of looking ahead. 

I seem to remember a reply in another thread about missed opportunities. This Jags game is a HUGE opportunity to set yourself up @ 3-1 going forward. I know...team is not the same as the fans. But how many times have the fans looked ahead only to be disappointed. 

Whatev. Do what you want. I'm just looking forward to the game this Thursday.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2021, 01:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Also, don't fall into the trap of looking ahead. 

I seem to remember a reply in another thread about missed opportunities. This Jags game is a HUGE opportunity to set yourself up @ 3-1 going forward. I know...team is not the same as the fans. But how many times have the fans looked ahead only to be disappointed. 

Whatev. Do what you want. I'm just looking forward to the game this Thursday.

We, on this board, can look ahead at the whole schedule, 2 games, or 1 game, and it doesn't make a difference in the world. As long as the Bengals are not looking ahead, it makes no difference if fans do.  I just thought it was interesting that we face the Pack right after Pissburgh does, and the outcome of that game could definitely affect the game with us.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't overlook the Jags is what everyone should be thinking right now....

Words of wisdom right here folks! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I think the Steelers could be looking at 1-4. I don't see them beating the Packers. If they have the Browns next, that could easily put them at 1-4. Maybe they squeak by and beat the Browns though..

We need to beat the Jags on Thursday to get to 3-1. In the past we have always played the Packers (and Rodgers) close. I could see this being a good game. How we fair against the Packers is a measuring stick for sure. Tough offense to shut down. Their defense isn't bad either. I could see this game going either way. Hope we don't lose to the Lions though. They are playing great this year (despite losing), so it's a possibility. I just don't want to be the team that suffers the upset though. If we bring our A game, we should spare ourselves the embarressment.
Reply/Quote