Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers trade for Justin Fields
2025 6th round that could turn into a 4th round

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Crap. Great scrambler. Better than Lamar? Not sure. Both have ok arms and great legs.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
God. Damnit.

That is all.
Reply/Quote
Well shit.

Their QB room is now 1 million times better than it was last year.
Reply/Quote
The Steelers picked up 2 QBs better than Pickett for a grand total of what...a 6th round pick and like 3 million bucks?  Geez.  Can't blame the Bears for moving on from Fields even if they should have waited until a starting QB went down.  They had the #1 overall pick in 2023 and stuck with Fields and now they have the #1 pick in 2024.  If they stick with Fields that's only the "right move" if he's better than two entire QB classes, and I'd wager most folks would say that they should have taken CJ Stroud at #1 last year.

Not many QBs are good enough to survive their team having two 1st overall picks.

And I know football is a team game, but Fields is 0-6 against the Packers and his stats are pretty lousy and the Bears still have passing yards and total season TD records standing from Erik Kramer's 1995 season...how a team in today's NFL could have passing records from almost 30 years ago set by a journeyman QB standing is absurd.  Oh, and they also could have drafted Mahommes but traded up to take Trubisky instead...they're the Browns with a single SB in the 80s, nothing more.
Reply/Quote
Well, the Steelers now have some options at QB if Wilson gets hurt or doesn't work out. Fields is not going to compete with Wilson, but he is a good backup.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2024, 01:25 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, the Steelers now have some options at QB if Wilson gets hurt or doesn't work out. Fields is not going to compete with Wilson, but he is a good backup.

On a well composed team, Fields could be as or more effective than Steve Young was in the 49ers dynasty days.  On a shithouse team, he'll look like a practice squad guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wonder if this will bring Wildcat packages with Fields
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6ecee2c4955cce6444b50b7eb24161e5.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2024, 03:42 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: [Image: 6ecee2c4955cce6444b50b7eb24161e5.jpg]

The Bengals trying to get through an NFL season without an injury to their QB Cool

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952q0tjc7jxt2ukenw1b6j...w.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote