Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers vs. Jags
Was yesterday an oh, shit day for Steeler nation?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: Was yesterday an oh, shit day for Steeler nation?

No......But I bet January 2 was for Bengal........Town.   Is it town?  can't be nation can it?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No......But I bet January 2 was for Bengal........Town.   Is it town?  can't be nation can it?

Correct. Too many Steeler bandwagon fans made a nation. Lol, at least Bengals Town is a pure fan base. I'll take that over a bunch of fake fans along with a city full of sister f***ing inbreds.

EDIT: I have more respect for Browns fans. At least you know they're true to their team. Even if they are the bottom feeders of the AFCN.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No......But I bet January 2 was for Bengal........Town.   Is it town?  can't be nation can it?

Ah, the ol' mentality of a four year old answer.  You're nothing if not predictable.  Knew no Steeler fan would be able to actually answer the question when there are so many stock answers to turn to. 

It was really more of a rhetorical question cuz I know you guys are shaking in yer boots.   They put a pretty good stomping on you guys.   At least you won't have to lose to the Patriots again on their way to number six.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:38 PM)McC Wrote: Ah, the ol' mentality of a four year old answer.  You're nothing if not predictable.  Knew no Steeler fan would be able to actually answer the question when there are so many stock answers to turn to. 

It was really more of a rhetorical question cuz I know you guys are shaking in yer boots.   They put a pretty good stomping on you guys.   At least you won't have to lose to the Patriots again on their way to number six.

Why should we be worried?  Because Ben had an historic meltdown and then proceeded to get better week after week?  I bet the Jaguars aren't looking at that game as any indication of how things will roll out in January in Pittsburgh.    

The question was answered and the correct answer is no for this Steeler fan.  Not worried any more than any other team.  Patriots give me the most pause.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 02:57 PM)McC Wrote: Was yesterday an oh, shit day for Steeler nation?

Steelers didn't play yesterday.

But, no.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 03:43 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Why should we be worried?  Because Ben had an historic meltdown and then proceeded to get better week after week?  I bet the Jaguars aren't looking at that game as any indication of how things will roll out in January in Pittsburgh.    

The question was answered and the correct answer is no for this Steeler fan.  Not worried any more than any other team.  Patriots give me the most pause.

Yeah, but wouldn't it really be ironic if the Jags defense came back and did the same thing?  5 Ints and 2 pick 6s, twice in the same season, against the same team?

That would be one for the ages.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Looking forward to this game.

Reply/Quote
I'm not looking forward at all.  Everyone knows, or should know, Goodell is going to hand the steAlers their next championship this year.  With Art Rooney or Dan Rooney or Jim Bob Rooney passing away this year, whoever he was, this Bengal fan knows Goodell has to give the trophy to them.  Its all part of the conspiracy.  He's got to send them out winners.  That's just the way it has to be. 

Mark it down.  You heard it here first.  steAlers will add another trophy to their case.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote

No, it was actually the exact opposite. I wanted the Jaguars to win so Pittsburgh could get revenge. I have no doubt Pittsburgh will have a better game plan. I want Jacksonville to win the battle but lose the war.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:40 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: No, it was actually the exact opposite. I wanted the Jaguars to win so Pittsburgh could get revenge. I have no doubt Pittsburgh will have a better game plan. I want Jacksonville to win the battle but lose the war.

So just 20-9 this time with only 3 INTS and 1 of them being a P6? That is a little better.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I was driving my son and some of his friends to a party Saturday and they were saying which team they wanted the Steelers to get in the next round.

I spouted out some "old man wisdom" on them about how it doesn't matter who they play and reminisced about the year the Steelers were going to face either the Bills or the Oilers and how every Steelers fan wanted the Bills.  That was the year the Bills beat the Oilers in "The Comeback" game.  

Buffalo had had a good season (better than the Steelers, record wise) but they were going with their backup QB and fans wanted to play Frank Reich rather than Warren Moon!

And the Bills stomped the Steelers 24-3.

So I stopped caring WHO the Steelers played right then and there.

Just play the game.
Reply/Quote
Fun fact.....the last (and maybe the only) team to beat the Stoolers twice at home in a season was..............the Jacksonville Jaguars.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Lol. Smack about the playoffs from a fan of the team that hasn't won a playoff game since the first George Bush was President. 

In one postseason alone the Steelers have nearly matched the Bengals total playoff wins for their entire history. We fans have been here before, it's no big deal. They play whoever they have to play. 
Reply/Quote
Oh!  And then there was the Tebow debacle!

Yeah, don't wish for any team to play...just prepare and execute to beat the team you play.
Reply/Quote
Blake Bortles had 12 completions on a 3.8 ypa against a defense 20th in passing and 29th in sacks.

And it's not like they didn't need him to perform. Fournette had 2.8 ypc.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Bortles is your salvation. He sucks.

If Buffalo had any kind of a QB, they would have won yesterday. He missed several big throw yesterday that Ben would never have missed.

The Jags can only win a low scoring game. Especially on the road. Their D is legit. And they are out there trying to maim people just like you guys. If they can keep the pressure on Ben again, maybe.

But you guys can win a 9-6 game as long as they can't run all over you or turn you over more than once. You have a better kicker and your field can be tough to enemy kickers.

Could be a game decided by injuries. The hitting will be animalistic.

But, despite all of that, you can't tell me a three TD loss is forgotten.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was driving my son and some of his friends to a party Saturday and they were saying which team they wanted the Steelers to get in the next round.

I spouted out some "old man wisdom" on them about how it doesn't matter who they play and reminisced about the year the Steelers were going to face either the Bills or the Oilers and how every Steelers fan wanted the Bills.  That was the year the Bills beat the Oilers in "The Comeback" game.  

Buffalo had had a good season (better than the Steelers, record wise) but they were going with their backup QB and fans wanted to play Frank Reich rather than Warren Moon!

And the Bills stomped the Steelers 24-3.

So I stopped caring WHO the Steelers played right then and there.

Just play the game.

I was at that game. My friend’s brother’s father-in-law gave me one of his tickets. It was the second time I used one of their tickets, but after that game, I never got offered a ticket again. LOL
Reply/Quote

Steelers defense is happy to play the worst QB and offense in the league.  should be 14 point win for shitsburgh

But has Tomlin or the DC taught their boys how to properly tackle yet so we don't have to worship some moron sipping dinner from his wheel chair?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 05:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fun fact.....the last (and maybe the only) team to beat the Stoolers twice at home in a season was..............the Jacksonville Jaguars.

You mean the 2007 wild card playoff game in which on a 4th and 2,  Jags QB David Garrard ran 30yds....

that play in which the refs missed a blatant holding call on none other than James Harrison who would have nailed Garrard..

that same game in which the NFL issued an apology to the Steelers for missing that call?

Steelers players and fans were irate about the non-call. Their complaints were eventually validated when the NFL's head of officiating admitted the following spring that the crew working that game missed the holding call.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/251471/a-decade-later-david-garrards-run-against-steelers-still-resonates
Reply/Quote