Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers vs. Jags
(01-08-2018, 10:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: You mean the 2007 wild card playoff game in which on a 4th and 2,  Jags QB David Garrard ran 30yds....

that play in which the refs missed a blatant holding call on none other than James Harrison who would have nailed Garrard..

that same game in which the NFL issued an apology to the Steelers for missing that call?

Steelers players and fans were irate about the non-call. Their complaints were eventually validated when the NFL's head of officiating admitted the following spring that the crew working that game missed the holding call.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/251471/a-decade-later-david-garrards-run-against-steelers-still-resonates

Stop being a hypocrite, like most of the other steelers fans, crying about bad/missed calls. The Bengals have a laundry list of complaints yet steelers fans don't ever want to hear about it. 

Your post has been dismissed.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop being a hypocrite, like most of the other steelers fans, crying about bad/missed calls. The Bengals have a laundry list of complaints yet steelers fans don't ever want to hear about it. 

When Bengal fans complain it's that Steelers receivers were being mean to your linebackers again or something about Twitter. No, we don't care.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:13 PM)6andcounting Wrote: When Bengal fans complain it's that Steelers receivers were being mean to your linebackers again or something about Twitter. No, we don't care.

Way to point out one instance, that had nothing to do with a ref, after i used the term "laundry list".

Goober

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Way to point out one instance, that had nothing to do with a ref, after i used the term "laundry list".

Goober

Cool list bro
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Cool list bro

I foolishly gave one of your examples enough legitimacy to reply to it, so you double down not understanding that "laundry list" is a phrase that denotes a rather large, random list of items, thereby confirming your goobernatorial candidacy. 

Well done, coltsfan. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stop being a hypocrite, like most of the other steelers fans, crying about bad/missed calls. The Bengals have a laundry list of complaints yet steelers fans don't ever want to hear about it. 

Oh but you're wrong, I enjoy hearing your complaints about your owner, coach, and players.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:34 PM)Vlad Wrote: Oh but you're wrong, I enjoy hearing your complaints about your owner, coach, and players.

That's cause you're a weirdo...   Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 10:03 PM)Vlad Wrote: You mean the 2007 wild card playoff game in which on a 4th and 2,  Jags QB David Garrard ran 30yds....

that play in which the refs missed a blatant holding call on none other than James Harrison who would have nailed Garrard..

that same game in which the NFL issued an apology to the Steelers for missing that call?

Steelers players and fans were irate about the non-call. Their complaints were eventually validated when the NFL's head of officiating admitted the following spring that the crew working that game missed the holding call.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/251471/a-decade-later-david-garrards-run-against-steelers-still-resonates

Who gives a shit? You lost. Keep your head on a swivel.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yeah unfortunately I don’t think this is the same matchup we saw at the beginning of the year. Maybe JuJu will wear Vontaze’s favor.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: I was driving my son and some of his friends to a party Saturday and they were saying which team they wanted the Steelers to get in the next round.

I spouted out some "old man wisdom" on them about how it doesn't matter who they play and reminisced about the year the Steelers were going to face either the Bills or the Oilers and how every Steelers fan wanted the Bills.  That was the year the Bills beat the Oilers in "The Comeback" game.  

Buffalo had had a good season (better than the Steelers, record wise) but they were going with their backup QB and fans wanted to play Frank Reich rather than Warren Moon!

And the Bills stomped the Steelers 24-3.

So I stopped caring WHO the Steelers played right then and there.

Just play the game.

Good story, you should tell that at parties.

At least y’all aren’t playing Tebow, right? Am I right?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good story, you should tell that at parties.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 05:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Good story, you should tell that at parties.

When you're right, you're right.  

That was a low point in Steeler history to be sure, and it started what is known around here as 'The Tebow Curse': the Steelers went through four whole years without a playoff win after that.    Nervous

Can you imagine how tough that was for us to endure?   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 06:21 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: When you're right, you're right.  

That was a low point in Steeler history to be sure, and it started what is known around here as 'The Tebow Curse': the Steelers went through four whole seasons without a playoff win after that.    Nervous

Can you imagine how tough that was for us to endure?   Mellow

Maybe....

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Y’all should really be proud! No other nfl franchise, before or after Tebow whipped that ass, has lost to him in the playoffs! The company sucks, but that’s quite the club! You’re truly one of a kind! Congrats.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 07:14 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Y’all should really be proud! No other nfl franchise, before or after Tebow whipped that ass, has lost to him in the playoffs! The company sucks, but that’s quite the club! You’re truly one of a kind! Congrats.

Everyone is worried about nukes, Trump and North Korea. I'm more worried about the black whole that would devour the universe if the Bills and Bengals had to play each other in the first round of the playoffs. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah Tebow beat the Steelers in a playoff game. Something Dalton could never do.
Reply/Quote
Good morning. One good thing would come out of this game if the Steelers lost. All the Bumgal fans can root for their new team the Jags to beat Pitt being their Bumgals are sitting home as usual and couldn't do it. Just stink how happy the Bumgal fans would be if Pitt lost. Hilarious Bumgals , Browns, same organization, same fan base. Yawn
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 04:31 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I'm not looking forward at all.  Everyone knows, or should know, Goodell is going to hand the steAlers their next championship this year.  With Art Rooney or Dan Rooney or Jim Bob Rooney passing away this year, whoever he was, this Bengal fan knows Goodell has to give the trophy to them.  Its all part of the conspiracy.  He's got to send them out winners.  That's just the way it has to be. 

Mark it down.  You heard it here first.  steAlers will add another trophy to their case.

Are you related to Lovenuts and Bradnuts?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:47 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good morning. One good thing would come out of this game if the Steelers lost. All the Bumgal fans can root for their new team the Jags to beat Pitt being their Bumgals are sitting home as usual and couldn't do it. Just stink how happy the Bumgal fans would be if Pitt lost.  Hilarious  Bumgals , Browns, same organization, same fan base. Yawn
Nervous much? Sounds an awful lot like you're pre-empting a Jags win... Lol. Nice try ThumbsUp

I know reality when it kicks me in the ass. The Jags have a better shot at the Steelers than the Bengals ever have in the play-offs, that's out of our control. I WILL gladly be watching the Steelers lose and will be happy to shove it in all of Steeler fans faces afterwards. Unfortunately, no Steeler fans will show up post game to eat crow. Only those with "balls" would.

PS, Is Shazier still listed on the injury report? Has he practiced at all this week?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 07:49 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Are you related to Lovenuts and Bradnuts?

No offense, but I don’t want you playing with my nuts. You’re not my type.

Just remember where you heard it first!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote