Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steelers vs. Jags
(01-11-2018, 08:36 AM)Takedown Wrote: PS, Is Shazier still listed on the injury report? Has he practiced at all this week?

No.  He will never play another down of football again.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No.  He will never play another down of football again.  

Really?  I haven't seen or heard many updates......although I saw he was at practice in a wheelchair.  They are already ruling out a return to the game?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Really?  I haven't seen or heard many updates......although I saw he was at practice in a wheelchair.  They are already ruling out a return to the game?

No one has officially ruled him out...but come on, he only just recently regained feeling to his legs.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 12:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Really?  I haven't seen or heard many updates......although I saw he was at practice in a wheelchair.  They are already ruling out a return to the game?

You hope he would decide on his own.  Seems he is rather fortunate to be recovering as he is.  Going back out there seems nuts to me.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Would it be appropriate for someone to do a td celebration mimicking the shazier play? I’m not even sure if this is a fair question or not. I lean towards no, it wouldn’t be appropriate. Just curious what the masses think?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Would it be appropriate for someone to do a td celebration mimicking the shazier play? I’m not even sure if this is a fair question or not. I lean towards no, it wouldn’t be appropriate. Just curious what the masses think?
Why would it not be okay?
[Image: th?id=OIP.RVO9B4ZecepvYfcGDUVqRQHaEc&pid=Api]
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Would it be appropriate for someone to do a td celebration mimicking the shazier play? I’m not even sure if this is a fair question or not. I lean towards no, it wouldn’t be appropriate. Just curious what the masses think?

The better question would be, does anyone care?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:05 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: The better question would be, does anyone care?

Which question is better is really all relative, right?

I also wonder, if I may, if someone were to mimick the shazier play, what would everyone’s viewpoint of said player(s) be?

Again, I’m not sure if these are fair questions, but please forgive me as my mind tends to wander.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:14 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Which question is better is really all relative, right?

I also wonder, if I may, if someone were to mimick the shazier play, what would everyone’s viewpoint of said player(s) be?

Again, I’m not sure if these are fair questions, but please forgive me as my mind tends to wander.

I think it would be in poor taste.

But I bet a lot of people would like it.

I think the TD celebration recreating the Burfict hit was in poor taste.

But I bet a lot of people liked it.

I also think the difference between a big block and a guy who hurt himself and just might be able to walk again is pretty significant too.

Burfict missed two games with the concussion. (He was practicing in a limited capacity before the second game). 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 01:13 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No one has officially ruled him out...but come on, he only just recently regained feeling to his legs.

(01-11-2018, 01:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You hope he would decide on his own.  Seems he is rather fortunate to be recovering as he is.  Going back out there seems nuts to me.

Yeah, but Stoolers way, and hard nosed football and all.......I certainly hope he has the sense to hang them up, but you never know.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:14 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Which question is better is really all relative, right?

I think the reason I just don't care is due mostly in part to the fact that most, if not all skill position football players, and a vast majority of the rest, are egotistical assholes.  They can do things that most people can't and that's why I watch them.  Seeing them do something that lines up with that understanding doesn't make me bat an eyelid at all.

What you have to ask yourself is, whether or not you believe that because they are egotistical assholes you should be one too?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:23 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think it would be in poor taste.

But I bet a lot of people would like it.

I think the TD celebration recreating the Burfict hit was in poor taste.

But I bet a lot of people liked it.

I also think the difference between a big block and a guy who hurt himself and just might be able to walk again is pretty significant too.

Burfict missed two games with the concussion. (He was practicing in a limited capacity before the second game). 

I wasn’t even thinking about the burfict hit, but since you brought it up, I would agree that on the surface the shazier play seems more significant injury-wise. But Let us not forget the heated debates about CTE on this very forum. If anything CTE could end a life whereas people confined to wheelchairs can and do live fulfilling lives every day. So in the end which one could truly be more significant? Right, wrong or indifferent, I would venture to say neither should be taken any more lightly than the other. Both are significant and are nothing to be mocked, in my humble opinion.

But I do believe we are getting off topic as this had nothing to do with Vontaze. I appreciate your input on the original stated questions.

Reply/Quote
It’ll be interesting to see who they use to take out Jalen Ramsey, Bouye, Jack, Campbell, Smith, and Ngokuwe. That’s an exhaustive game plan. Taking out Bortles doesn’t help anything so they’ll need to get creative.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:41 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I wasn’t even thinking about the burfict hit, but since you brought it up, I would agree that on the surface the shazier play seems more significant injury-wise. But Let us not forget the heated debates about CTE on this very forum. If anything CTE could end a life whereas people confined to wheelchairs can and do  live fulfilling lives every day. So in the end which one could truly be more significant? Right, wrong or indifferent, I would venture to say neither should be taken any more lightly than the other. Both are significant and are nothing to be mocked, in my humble opinion.

But I do believe we are getting off topic as this had nothing to do with Vontaze. I appreciate your input on the original stated questions.

Agreed

Quote:Takedown

PS, Is Shazier still listed on the injury report? Has he practiced at all this week?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Agreed

You see, here’s the thing about you, I don’t think you agree with all of it. I think you agree about just enough to imply takedown was being facetious, when in reality, you have no clue if he was being genuine or not. I think you “don’t care” because your actual stance on it wouldn’t be popular and would shed a poor light on you and your character.

Take this for what it’s worth, when it comes to your implications involving takedown, you should really consider trying not to jump to conclusions without gathering all of the facts. It isn’t a good look on you, or anyone else for that matter.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 02:58 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You see, here’s  the thing about you, I don’t think you agree with all of it. I think you agree about just enough to imply takedown was being facetious, when in reality, you have no clue if he was being genuine or not. I think you “don’t care” because your actual stance on it wouldn’t be popular and would shed a poor light on you and your character.

Take this for what it’s worth, when it comes to your implications involving takedown, you should really consider trying not to jump to conclusions without gathering all of the facts. It isn’t a good look on you, or anyone else for that matter.

#1.  It's ridiculous to believe even for a minute Takedown was being"genuine" with that question.

#2.  My actual stance is exactly how I put it.  I don't care.  The average pro football play has done or will do things that are not agreeable.  I watch the game for entertainment not for amoral compass.  

Your last paragraph is taken care of with #1.

P.S.  It's hilarious that you call for not jumping to conclusions but then you just disregard anything I say and jump to your own about my "actual stance".  Lol...good lookin' out.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:36 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I watch the game for entertainment not for amoral compass.

I’d say your stance is pretty clear cut. And trust me, it’s okay that you’ve taken the side you have. Just admit you are entertained by the celebrations. Nobody is judging you.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d say your stance is pretty clear cut. And trust me, it’s okay that you’ve taken the side you have. Just admit you are entertained by the celebrations. Nobody is judging you.

I never said I was or wasn't.  Honestly I rarely see the celebrations when they happen I am usually too busy celebrating the TD with my wife and family.  I really don't see what your issue is honestly.  It feels like you are looking for something that just isn't there.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 03:36 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I watch the game for entertainment not for amoral compass.  

(01-11-2018, 03:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’d say your stance is pretty clear cut. And trust me, it’s okay that you’ve taken the side you have. Just admit you are entertained by the celebrations. Nobody is judging you.

Unless you are making a joke about the missing space between A and moral, are you indicating there is a moral compass reason to watch football?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2018, 04:01 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: I never said I was or wasn't.  Honestly I rarely see the celebrations when they happen I am usually too busy celebrating the TD with my wife and family.  I really don't see what your issue is honestly.  It feels like you are looking for something that just isn't there.

They visit the retirement home every Sunday?

Reply/Quote