Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers vs Saints
Lose this game and your more certainly out.

[Image: DoOrDieTitleSlide.jpg]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 04:04 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Lose this game and your more certainly out.

Thanks, but we already have our own ‘Captain Obvious’.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 04:04 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Lose this game and your more certainly out.

I am surprised Steeler's are in this position. But, the Ravens put them here by big win last night. I predict Steeler's answer and pull out close hard fought win today against the Saints. Then they only have left the Bengals with 80% of their offensive weapons injured.

I also would not be surprised if the Browns gave the Ravens a tough game next week. So, a Steeler's loss today would come today to the Browns, the same team the Steeler's could only tie week one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 01:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am surprised Steeler's are in this position. But, the Ravens put them here by big win last night. I predict Steeler's answer and pull out close hard fought win today against the Saints. Then they only have left the Bengals with 80% of their offensive weapons injured.

I also would not be surprised if the Browns gave the Ravens a tough game next week. So, a Steeler's loss today would come today to the Browns, the same team the Steeler's could only tie week one.

You shouldn't be surprised by the position that the Steelers are in and they were not put here by the Ravens. They were put here by Omar Epps. Even though they don't live in their fears and they embraced the challenges before them, they failed to raise hell in December. Obviously. 
Reply/Quote
Hmm, seems like that fake punt failure call came back to haunt Tomlin. Should have pooch punted, and played defense, as the pass rush was getting to Brees regularly.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Karma, JuJu bean.

Where’s the Micheal Jordan crying face JuJu meme?

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, seems like that fake punt failure call came back to haunt Tomlin.  Should have pooch punted, and played defense, as the pass rush was getting to Brees regularly.

At least it had the element of surprise. The play call that led to Ridley's fumble was worse. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Ah well. Another season of Ben's career wasted. He can't afford too many more of those at his age. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ah well. Another season of Ben's career wasted. He can't afford too many more of those at his age. 

And weight.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 09:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, seems like that fake punt failure call came back to haunt Tomlin.  Should have pooch punted, and played defense, as the pass rush was getting to Brees regularly.

Im not so upset by the fake punt because given the way the defenses shits the bed at the end of games, why not give the Saints the short field if they are going to score on their last possession anyway? 

At least Omar learned how to use his timeouts inside 2 minutes and with the opponent having first goal this week, unlike what he did in Oakland. 

At this rate he'll fully understand how to coach about the 2030 season.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Im not so upset by the fake punt because given the way the defenses shits the bed at the end of games, why not give the Saints the short field if they are going to score on their last possession anyway? 

At least Omar learned how to use his timeouts inside 2 minutes and with the opponent having first goal this week, unlike what he did in Oakland. 

At this rate he'll fully understand how to coach about the 2030 season.

That's still about 24 years before Marv will. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's still about 24 years before Marv will. 

Good Lord I hope the Steelers let him go this year and promote Munchack. 

He's wasted soooooo much talent it should be a crime. Give the Hoodie the Steelers roster and they got at least 8 Super Bowls. 

It's maddening how unprepared this team is.

And I really have no complaints about todays game. It went as expected. Which is the problem. It shouldn't have come to this. The losses to Denver and Oakland made today matter more than it should have. 
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Good Lord I hope the Steelers let him go this year and promote Munchack. 

He's wasted soooooo much talent it should be a crime. Give the Hoodie the Steelers roster and they got at least 8 Super Bowls. 

And I really have no complaints about todays game. It went as expected. Which is the problem. It shouldn't have come to this. The losses to Denver and Oakland made today matter more than it should have. 

Belicheck wouldn't have a game under 30 points with the Steelers offense.

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2018, 10:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Good Lord I hope the Steelers let him go this year and promote Munchack. 

I said something today about how people say the only reason the Patriots win their division is because its a weak division.  And that is true...but they still WIN THOSE GAMES.  The Steelers would still be struggling to make the playoffs in the AFCE because they'd find a way to let the other three teams beat them.

The Steelers deserve everything that happens to them next week.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 12:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: I said something today about how people say the only reason the Patriots win their division is because its a weak division.  And that is true...but they still WIN THOSE GAMES.  The Steelers would still be struggling to make the playoffs in the AFCE because they'd find a way to let the other three teams beat them.

The Steelers deserve everything that happens to them next week.

Yep. I almost don’t want the Browns to win, because making the playoffs this year feels undeserved.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Nix didn’t get himself in trouble last night celebrating a win.

The Steelers are so eager to peacock over getting a first down they can’t even wait til they get one.
Reply/Quote

Absolutely amazes me at how you guys perceive your own team.  They have one of the best offenses the league has seen and you are always in the game.  Even when down 21-0 early to the Chiefs, you still came back and took the lead.  Last year in the playoffs against the Jags, you were down big and came back to make it a game.  I cant recall the last time you guys got your azzes actually handed to you.  It seems like in every game this year, you have had the ball driving to tie or win the game on the last few plays, every G damn time.  I dont see how thats being unprepared.  

If you want to see unprepared, look no further than this marvin lewis led team.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:43 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Absolutely amazes me at how you guys perceive your own team.  They have one of the best offenses the league has seen and you are always in the game.  Even when down 21-0 early to the Chiefs, you still came back and took the lead.  Last year in the playoffs against the Jags, you were down big and came back to make it a game.  I cant recall the last time you guys got your azzes actually handed to you.  It seems like in every game this year, you have had the ball driving to tie or win the game on the last few plays, every G damn time.  I dont see how thats being unprepared.  

We see the Steelers as a team of immense talent that gets lead astray by coaching.

Players like Ben and AB and Bell when he was here...or go back to the Defense with Troy and Smith and others...they have the talent to overcome poor leadership.  But you can't build a true championship team without it.

The Bengals are a good example of poor leadership and occasional above average talent.  When they had great talent (2005) they overcame Marvin and ownership.  

Tomlin has never had a sub 500 regular season...but is 3-8 in the playoffs since the last SB run in 2010.

Those three wins came against: Matt Moore (MIA), Alex Smith (KC) and McCarron (CIN)...and we all know that the Bengals should have won THAT game minus two boneheaded penalties.

He's missed the playoffs three times in 11 years...including three times since 2012.

I realize a lot of NFL teams would like to have that level of "failure"...but more and more fans feel that with better leadership the Steelers wouldn't even have it that bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 11:43 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Absolutely amazes me at how you guys perceive your own team.  They have one of the best offenses the league has seen and you are always in the game.  Even when down 21-0 early to the Chiefs, you still came back and took the lead.  Last year in the playoffs against the Jags, you were down big and came back to make it a game.  I cant recall the last time you guys got your azzes actually handed to you.  It seems like in every game this year, you have had the ball driving to tie or win the game on the last few plays, every G damn time.  I dont see how thats being unprepared.  

And they were down 21-0 to the Chiefs and Jags because they were unprepared (coaching)

Colin Cowturd nails it here. Notice he doesn't blame Tomlin, but EVERYTHING that he says that is wrong with them is directly attributed to coaching. Epps is a slightly better actor than he is an NFL coach. 

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1407121987801?utm_campaign=social_post&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=theherd&fbclid=IwAR1_h8rgtNp_b942fiiYo5B4j-xp2wmNKrAWYtDdHv4Htixs6DxwUy3NfNA
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 02:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: We see the Steelers as a team of immense talent that gets lead astray by coaching.

Players like Ben and AB and Bell when he was here...or go back to the Defense with Troy and Smith and others...they have the talent to overcome poor leadership.  But you can't build a true championship team without it.

The Bengals are a good example of poor leadership and occasional above average talent.  When they had great talent (2005) they overcame Marvin and ownership.  

Tomlin has never had a sub 500 regular season...but is 3-8 in the playoffs since the last SB run in 2010.

Those three wins came against: Matt Moore (MIA), Alex Smith (KC) and McCarron (CIN)...and we all know that the Bengals should have won THAT game minus two boneheaded penalties.

He's missed the playoffs three times in 11 years...including three times since 2012.

I realize a lot of NFL teams would like to have that level of "failure"...but more and more fans feel that with better leadership the Steelers wouldn't even have it that bad.

Why don't you give credit to Tomlin for developing the Talent???
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote