Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers week
Exclamation 
Great win at Oakland but it’s Steelers week for the Bengals. Anyone know the status of TJ Watt? Also seriously doubt it but wonder if Cam Hayward might be suspended for punching Herbert late in the game.
Reply/Quote
TJ should be back plus I doubt anything happens to Hayward.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Watt has knee and hip injuries. The MRI was negative, but he was just coming off a groin injury, so I hope he is out extended time.
Reply/Quote
I hate to admit it but they can still be explosive. I watched the Sunday night game and they are not the same trash as I thought they were.
Reply/Quote
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/22/cameron-heyward-cheap-shot-on-justin-herbert-not-ejected

Tell me this would fly if it were any other team than the Stealers. I'm surprised though that evidently no Charger got upset over it. FIrst he punched at another player, then he hit Herbert on the ground. SI is questioning it, so maybe the league will hand down a suspension..... Ninja Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:19 AM)Whacked Wrote: I hate to admit it but they can still be explosive.  I watched the Sunday night game and they are not the same trash as I thought they were.

Maybe the Chargers defense was trash?  I didn't watch much of the game, tbh.  However, I will never take them lightly. 

I also think this team matches up well against them and will play them very tough.  I love that.  For years it seemed the other way around.  Now, this roster seems built to match up well in the AFC North.  Yes, they got pounded by Cleveland, but I still see the positives.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/22/cameron-heyward-cheap-shot-on-justin-herbert-not-ejected

Tell me this would fly if it were any other team than the Stealers. I'm surprised though that evidently no Charger got upset over it. FIrst he punched at another player, then he hit Herbert on the ground. SI is questioning it, so maybe the league will hand down a suspension.....  Ninja Hilarious

I didn't think he really punched him that much.  Bad look, but it was an open hand.  I didn't see it live to see if Herbert acted like it hurt at all.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe the Chargers defense was trash?  I didn't watch much of the game, tbh.  However, I will never take them lightly. 

I also think this team matches up well against them and will play them very tough.  I love that.  For years it seemed the other way around.  Now, this roster seems built to match up well in the AFC North.  Yes, they got pounded by Cleveland, but I still see the positives.  

I think the Cleveland game was more about Burrow and Chase both having a horrible day than it was about Cleveland being the superior team. Burrow took the team right down the field and threw the end zone pick 6, then took them right down the field and scored. If they hadn't had some of those bad plays, they seemed like they could move the ball at will.  Shot themselves in the foot.  Looking forward to the rematch. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think the Cleveland game was more about Burrow and Chase both having a horrible day than it was about Cleveland being the superior team. Burrow took the team right down the field and threw the end zone pick 6, then took them right down the field and scored. If they hadn't had some of those bad plays, they seemed like they could move the ball at will.  Shot themselves in the foot.  Looking forward to the rematch. 

Yep, and I was saying how Burrow would not have back-to-back "clunkers", but he wasn't that great against the Raiders.  He didn't turn the ball over (save the one bad fumble), and made some huge throws.  

It was a "maturation" game for Burrow (I hate that expression and I just used it).  The Raiders were taking away anything deep with cover-3 shell, and the middle inside was there.  Burrow took a couple shots (that nearly hit) but mostly took what they were giving him and he was lethal accurate on the small stuff.  Boyd was huge. 

Every team will provide different matchups, but this one showed me that Burrow can be patient and not have to always try to get points in one pass, but can work the ball up the field.  

I hope he has a huge game against pitt.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe the Chargers defense was trash?  I didn't watch much of the game, tbh.  However, I will never take them lightly. 

I'm pretty sure the Stealers had a blocked punt and an INT that both happened way back in Chargers territory. Without those, I dont think the Stealers would've been in it. They were losing by 17 points heading into the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/11/22/cameron-heyward-cheap-shot-on-justin-herbert-not-ejected

Tell me this would fly if it were any other team than the Stealers. I'm surprised though that evidently no Charger got upset over it. FIrst he punched at another player, then he hit Herbert on the ground. SI is questioning it, so maybe the league will hand down a suspension..... Ninja Hilarious

Right? Idk, I think if heyward was on the dolphins, that would’ve been an ejection

And I think the chargers were mad, because they laid some real stiff shots on the Steelers after the Hayward punch
Reply/Quote

I watched most of this game and missed this....wow! If he isnt suspended thats complete BS. 
As for LAC D being trash? Joey Bosa, Derwin James, Samuel are all very good to great players. 
 I doubt when we play them its a shoot out like this. How about Herbert though? He is an awsome young QB with a laser cannon arm.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I watched most of this game and missed this....wow! If he isnt suspended thats complete BS. 
As for LAC D being trash? Joey Bosa, Derwin James, Samuel are all very good to great players. 
 I doubt when we play them its a shoot out like this. How about Herbert though? He is an awsome young QB with a laser cannon arm.

About time he’s bounced back. He was playing like garbage recently

I like Herbert but he is very overrated
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:33 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Stealers had a blocked punt and an INT that both happened way back in Chargers territory. Without those, I dont think the Stealers would've been in it. They were losing by 17 points heading into the 4th.

Yeah, I saw that after my post watching GMF this AM.  Is it wrong that I take pleasure in the steeler fat losers, sorry, I meant "fans", being all excited and then having the rug pulled out from them?  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 12:15 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I watched most of this game and missed this....wow! If he isnt suspended thats complete BS. 

Herbert had a nice bounce back game, but pitt defense was pathetic.  Tons of starters out.  He took advantage, and he is a heck of a QB.  Big, strong, mobile.  He has it all.  No doubt.  
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:33 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Stealers had a blocked punt and an INT that both happened way back in Chargers territory. Without those, I dont think the Stealers would've been in it. They were losing by 17 points heading into the 4th.

Yep

Luck, chance, whatever put them back in the game. Of course they made some of that luck.

But the Steelers are a team we can beat again if the right Bengals show up and don't go 3 and out the entire 1st half.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 01:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I saw that after my post watching GMF this AM.  Is it wrong that I take pleasure in the steeler fat losers, sorry, I meant "fans", being all excited and then having the rug pulled out from them?  

After the Chargers won I was happy it happened like it did just for their fans. 

Not going to lie though, was sweating them punks pulling it out. Especially since at the end several big Charger plays were flagged and brought back. 

Yet at the end the looks on their fans faces and the look imagined that my most arrogant and boisterous friends must have had as well was priceless. 

Slept well !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 02:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: After the Charger won I was happy it happened like it did just for their fans. 

Not going to lie though, was sweating them punks pulling it out. Especially since at the end several big Charger plays were flagged and brought back. 

Yet at the end the looks on their fans faces and the look imagined that my most arrogant and boisterous friends must have had as well 
was priceless. 

Slept well !

Love it...was sound asleep by the 2nd half, but glad to know the steeler fans didn't get their usual officiating help be enough to get the win. 
Reply/Quote
My only concern is that TB threw rocks at the wasp nest after the last time we faced them. Outside of some Steeler Ref rah rah bullshit we should win this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 04:16 AM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Great win at Oakland but it’s Steelers week for the Bengals. Anyone know the status of TJ Watt?  Also seriously doubt it but wonder if Cam Hayward might be suspended for punching Herbert late in the game.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cam-heyward-not-facing-suspension-apparent-punch-justin-herbert

No suspension.

No ejection.

Bum will be out there swinging away again Sunday.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote