Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers whining yet again...
That pansy-ass team is full of more vaginas than the Mustang Ranch.

First they cried to the league in the '70s when the Raiders hit them too hard, now they cry when pretty much anyone hits them too hard.

What an embarrassing bunch of wimps.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 12:51 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Physical player = playing on the edge. Recklessly. High hits, low hits. Anticipating passes and hitting the WRs head or knees etc. See Burfict/Mitchell/Harrison of old/etc.

Dirty player = Kicks, nut twists, stomps, ankle twists, asshole fisting. See Burfict/Suh/Wallace/etc. 

There is a difference, at least in my book. 

Right on. So you probably wasn't happy when Brown ninja-kicked that punter. Or when Tomlin tripped a returner. Or when Munchak slung Nelson by his dreads. Things of that nature.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 03:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right on. So you probably wasn't happy when Brown ninja-kicked that punter. Or when Tomlin tripped a returner. Or when Munchak slung Nelson by his dreads. Things of that nature.

Honest answers, although they're probably not 100% in agreement with the way you think, so they won't be good enough for you....

Surprised as hell the Browns wasn't fined. To me it was a deliberate kick

I thought that what Tomlin did was intentional. IMO he's glancing over his right shoulder, then dips slightly right before jumping left. 

I see Munchak more as getting tangled up in Nelson's dreads.

Again Im sure this won't be good enough for you. Anything else? 
Reply/Quote
It drives me crazy when peoples defense of one of their players is "Oh yeah, well what about yours."

It's like politics. Any criticism of Clinton is seen as an endorsement of Trump and vice versa and next thing you know you're arguing about something off topic. Newsflash...both candidates suck and all teams have questionable players.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 01:55 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You need to stop vanishing...you fall under the umbrella of one of the 3 steeler fans I've met that has common sense and a brain. When you and Matt aren't around, the terrible trolls show up and make your fanbase look like Jungle Noise on crack.

Thank you. Yeah I will be around more. I don't work anymore on Sundays so I'm free to come here and listen to some of the Steelers fans say Burfict is dirty and should be gone when the Steelers had Ward, Joey Porter, Troy, and still have Harrison and I could name more if given more time. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:34 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Honest answers, although they're probably not 100% in agreement with the way you think, so they won't be good enough for you....

Surprised as hell the Browns wasn't fined. To me it was a deliberate kick

I thought that what Tomlin did was intentional. IMO he's glancing over his right shoulder, then dips slightly right before jumping left. 

I see Munchak more as getting tangled up in Nelson's dreads.

Again Im sure this won't be good enough for you. Anything else? 

Fair enough, although with the way Munchak clenched his hands around Nelson's dreads, it looked more like he was pulling them than trying to get untangled.

(10-21-2016, 04:37 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It drives me crazy when peoples defense of one of their players is "Oh yeah, well what about yours."

It's like politics. Any criticism of Clinton is seen as an endorsement of Trump and vice versa and next thing you know you're arguing about something off topic. Newsflash...both candidates suck and all teams have questionable players.

I'm not so much defending Burfict as I am pointing out the hypocrisy from most Steelers fans and from the league itself. I agree that every team has dirty players or enforcers or whatever you'd want to call it. It's just frustrating as a Bengals fan to see so much outrage when we finally get a player like that. The Bengals have been the victims of such players for years, but now the league has an issue? Now the Steelers (and their fans) are whining about playing clean?

From our perspective it seems unfair to put it mildly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 04:37 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: It drives me crazy when peoples defense of one of their players is "Oh yeah, well what about yours."

I don't think there are too many Bengals fans on here that will defend Burfict when he does something really stupid, now. Same with Jones. 

Thing is...the hit on Bennett was questionable/unnecessary, but it didn't rise to the level of dirty. Same with the so called "stomp". That didn't happen. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 07:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think there are too many Bengals fans on here that will defend Burfict when he does something really stupid, now. Same with Jones. 

Thing is...the hit on Bennett was questionable/unnecessary, but it didn't rise to the level of dirty. Same with the so called "stomp". That didn't happen. 

Your team sucks SOOOOOO bad and has gone SOOOOOO long without a playoff victory...that your smack talk is how the dirtiest player in the league isn't dirty.

Mmmkay....carry on
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 01:52 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I live in the Baltimore, MD NFL market so I was stuck watching the Ravens game on tv and didn't get to watch the Steelers game so I can't comment on that. I hate when any player, my team or not, gets injured. As for Burfict, yeah he may throw some dirty hits on players, but so what, every team has a dirty player or 2 on their team. Sometimes a good hit fires a team up and yeah if someone gets injured, the other team will say it's dirty. Burfict isn't in my head like someone here said about him being in the heads of Steelers fans. If the Steelers want to send a message to Burfict, don't wait for the league to do it and complain when they aren't. If you want to send him a message, do it yourself. Tell that player you won't take his shit. Knock him on his ass. Don't whine to the NFL and the Commish, because they won't listen.

Damn......well said.  

Oh yeah.....smack talk.....y'all suck and stuff. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough, although with the way Munchak clenched his hands around Nelson's dreads, it looked more like he was pulling them than trying to get untangled.

I'm not so much defending Burfict as I am pointing out the hypocrisy from most Steelers fans and from the league itself. I agree that every team has dirty players or enforcers or whatever you'd want to call it. It's just frustrating as a Bengals fan to see so much outrage when we finally get a player like that. The Bengals have been the victims of such players for years, but now the league has an issue? Now the Steelers (and their fans) are whining about playing clean?

This.......and to hear this "hard nosed" football team that does things "the Steelers way" cry about this is laughable at best.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 01:52 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I live in the Baltimore, MD NFL market so I was stuck watching the Ravens game on tv and didn't get to watch the Steelers game so I can't comment on that. I hate when any player, my team or not, gets injured. As for Burfict, yeah he may throw some dirty hits on players, but so what, every team has a dirty player or 2 on their team. Sometimes a good hit fires a team up and yeah if someone gets injured, the other team will say it's dirty. Burfict isn't in my head like someone here said about him being in the heads of Steelers fans. If the Steelers want to send a message to Burfict, don't wait for the league to do it and complain when they aren't. If you want to send him a message, do it yourself. Tell that player you won't take his shit. Knock him on his ass. Don't whine to the NFL and the Commish, because they won't listen.

I do wish they would STFU about him. The players have gone on long enough. When asked about Suh, they quickly turn the subject to Burfict. They must really hate the guy, but the best way to deal with that is when they play. Tired of them bringing him up unsolicited. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 07:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't think there are too many Bengals fans on here that will defend Burfict when he does something really stupid, now. Same with Jones. 

Do you not see the hypocrisy in this post? Unless of course you are one of the few...
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 05:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fair enough, although with the way Munchak clenched his hands around Nelson's dreads, it looked more like he was pulling them than trying to get untangled.

Couldn't there be hypocrisy going the other way? For years the Bengals fans bashed the Steelers dirty players but defend Burfict.

And I don't know that "now the league has an issue" with big hits and dirty plays. It's not a recent thing but maybe it seems that way to you guys since you finally got the guy who is in the crosshairs.

Either you guys forget, don't know, or are unaware of how the league handled James Harrison several years ago. He was exactly like Burfict (minus the nut twisting). For years he was the league's whipping boy. A marked man who didn't get the benefit of the doubt. Can't hit high. Can't hit low. Can't even look even get close to the QB without drawing a flag. I remember several instances of insignificant bumps that drew roughing calls while Roethlisberger was getting his nose broken with no call. It frustrated us much the same way it does you. And our fan base made excuses and defended him, just like yours. And early on I was probably one of them. But soon you realize that it is what it is. The league is trying to make the game safer and is going to act to keep guys in control. And once you develop that reputation and are on the refs radar, you are not going to get  the benefit of the doubt. 

So I don't think that it's hypocrisy from Steelers fans as much as it is as them saying "we remember how you were to Harrison, now you better treat Burfict the same." I guess you could call it a lack of empathy. I think our fan base is years ahead of yours in that regard. We've lived what you're going through right now. Give it time the league will break Burfict just as they broke Harrison and they next boogeyman will emerge somewhere else. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 06:18 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Your team sucks SOOOOOO bad and has gone SOOOOOO long without a playoff victory...that your smack talk is how the dirtiest player in the league isn't dirty.

Mmmkay....carry on

One has nothing to do with the other. I don't live vicariously through the team i root for, unlike you and most other Steelers fans. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 08:57 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Do you not see the hypocrisy in this post? Unless of course you are one of the few...

No hypocrisy. If he had fallen on Bennett's leg, that would be different. Much greater risk of injury that way. That would have made it dirty. The hit, while--again--unnecessary, was to the back of his leg, not the side, was above his knee, not below and he pushed him with his shoulder, didn't fall on him. 

There's plenty of what he's done in the past that was dirty. This wasn't one of them. 

For Burfict, questionable/unnecessary hits for most, become "was it dirty?" for him due to his past. I'll judge his actions on a case by case basis, same as i've always done with others. Not convict him simply because of his past.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 09:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Couldn't there be hypocrisy going the other way? For years the Bengals fans bashed the Steelers dirty players but defend Burfict.

And I don't know that "now the league has an issue" with big hits and dirty plays. It's not a recent thing but maybe it seems that way to you guys since you finally got the guy who is in the crosshairs.

Either you guys forget, don't know, or are unaware of how the league handled James Harrison several years ago. He was exactly like Burfict (minus the nut twisting). For years he was the league's whipping boy. A marked man who didn't get the benefit of the doubt. Can't hit high. Can't hit low. Can't even look even get close to the QB without drawing a flag. I remember several instances of insignificant bumps that drew roughing calls while Roethlisberger was getting his nose broken with no call. It frustrated us much the same way it does you. And our fan base made excuses and defended him, just like yours. And early on I was probably one of them. But soon you realize that it is what it is. The league is trying to make the game safer and is going to act to keep guys in control. And once you develop that reputation and are on the refs radar, you are not going to get  the benefit of the doubt. 

So I don't think that it's hypocrisy from Steelers fans as much as it is as them saying "we remember how you were to Harrison, now you better treat Burfict the same." I guess you could call it a lack of empathy. I think our fan base is years ahead of yours in that regard. We've lived what you're going through right now. Give it time the league will break Burfict just as they broke Harrison and they next boogeyman will emerge somewhere else. 

The only issues i ever had with Harrison was spearing dudes in the face, ala McCoy. And i can assure you, there were plenty of Steelers fans around then that defended the hit and didn't think it was dirty. 

Harrison
Shazier
Mitchell
Garvin
Ward

All recent guys that have gone head hunting, causing injury. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 09:14 AM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Couldn't there be hypocrisy going the other way? For years the Bengals fans bashed the Steelers dirty players but defend Burfict.

Generally speaking, no. Bengals fans (for the most part) don't pretend Burfict isn't dirty. That's the key difference. I don't think our fanbase ever had a big problem with Harrison. Just look at when we signed him. There wasn't much backlash. Now imagine if we'd signed Hines. I think Cincy would've had a riot. I'd say he was the closest comparison for how your fans feel about Burfict.

I don't think I ever saw a Steeler fan question Ward's tactics. It was always "keep your head on a swivel" when talking about him. Bengals fans pretty much openly admit that Burfict is dirty. Therefore, no hypocrisy on our side.

Fwiw, I agreed with the rest of your post. It sucks when your defensive MVP gets targeted by the league.
Reply/Quote
Yeah Shake...I never had a big issue with 92....and felt he got targeted like 55 is now.  The only problem with James was when he ear holed guys when a rib shot would've sufficed.

Turds like Garvin....Ward....Wallace...Mitchell....Shazier...and the little ***** that bitched about the hit on Bennett....but had a MUCH worse shot on an Eagles player in PRESEASON are the hypocritical douchebags I take issue with....and their corresponding fans.

Captain Obvious gets it....SCS does....and Strictly Biz seems to be getting there.  Others? Not so much.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 11:29 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't live vicariously through the team i root for

I should hope not....or you'd be hanging from some sewer rat's ****.

and FYI....I mean an actual RAT
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2016, 05:08 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I should hope not....or you'd be hanging from some sewer rat's ****.

and FYI....I mean an actual RAT

I actually started to type serious replies to two of your recent posts, then stopped after a George Carlin quote popped into my head. 

You know the one i'm talking about; arguing with idiots and all...

Reply/Quote