Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stem Cell: IT'S HAPPENING!
Last night, we're sitting at dinner at a family dinner at a restaurant, my mom's phone rings, and she gets up and walks away to answer it, which was weird.

She comes back and says that it was the university and that they were going to email me the consent forms to sign and make everything official!

I started reading the consent form and description of everything, and it says that they're going to drill into the damaged part of the brain and insert stem cells which would heal the damaged parts. The only problem with that is that my brain is damaged in different areas, so will they drill all around and insert them in different areas? I also thought that it would regenerate the parts of the brain that I'm missing.

It also said that I "been diagnosed with a persistent motor deficiency (e.g. arm or leg weakness)," except I don't have arm or leg weakness, but rather just that my brain doesn't know how to tell my body to function properly. I don't know how inserting stem cells would improve weakness, though, so hopefully those were just examples given for people will problems that were more simple. I'm also wondering if it will help my speech.

Furthermore, I thought that it would also regenerate the brain and not just heal damaged parts, since I'm missing so many pieces of mine.

Also, now it says there's 52 participants, and that there will be two groups, with three times as many people in group a, but group b is the placebo. It originally said only 6 participants with one placebo, but it also lists other countries participating in the study, so maybe the six and one is just in the group in the United States.

Still need to make it through the physical and evaluation, but they seem like a technicality and there's nothing about my health that should raise any red flags.

There's lots of questions, but it's happening! Thanks for all the prayers! Now we just need a few more prayers that I'm not the placebo!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2017, 11:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Last night, we're sitting at dinner at a family dinner at a restaurant, my mom's phone rings, and she gets up and walks away to answer it, which was weird.

She comes back and says that it was the university and that they were going to email me the consent forms to sign and make everything official!

I started reading the consent form and description of everything, and it says that they're going to drill into the damaged part of the brain and insert stem cells which would heal the damaged parts.  The only problem with that is that my brain is damaged in different areas, so will they drill all around and insert them in different areas?  I also thought that it would regenerate the parts of the brain that I'm missing.

It also said that I "been diagnosed with a persistent motor deficiency (e.g. arm or leg weakness)," except I don't have arm or leg weakness, but rather just that my brain doesn't know how to tell my body to function properly.  I don't know how inserting stem cells would improve weakness, though, so hopefully those were just examples given for people will problems that were more simple.  I'm also wondering if it will help my speech.

Furthermore, I thought that it would also regenerate the brain and not just heal damaged parts, since I'm missing so many pieces of mine.

Also, now it says there's 52 participants, and that there will be two groups, with three times as many people in group a, but group b is the placebo.  It originally said only 6 participants with one placebo, but it also lists other countries participating in the study, so maybe the six and one is just in the group in the United States.

Still need to make it through the physical and evaluation, but they seem like a technicality and there's nothing about my health that should raise any red flags.

There's lots of questions, but it's happening!  Thanks for all the prayers!  Now we just need a few more prayers that I'm not the placebo!

Awesome!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Good news! Continued prayers for you my friend.
Reply/Quote
Best of luck, Brad! Hope it all works like you've been counting on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Congratulations
Reply/Quote
There's only one thing that will make me happier about this, and that's when you tell us of all the success you experienced as a result. You got this, Brad.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Brad, this is an old thread. The, you created another one to reveal that you were not a part of this program. This is why I suggested keeping one thread on your injury/stem cell/curing process.

You currently have folks responding to a 3 month old thread, like it is brand new news. It is confusing for those that actually care, and know your history.

Please consider keeping all the medical stuff to one thread, so that people can just scroll to the latest post for updates.

As always, I'm pulling for you.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Awesome news, Brad!

Modern science and medicine is an amazing thing. The fact that there are now treatments available that can repair and regenerate damaged body parts is astounding.

Good luck with this.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 03:29 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Awesome news, Brad!

Modern science and medicine is an amazing thing. The fact that there are now treatments available that can repair and regenerate damaged body parts is astounding.

Good luck with this.

Made it to the final step in this trial and they kicked me out, so I applied to five or six hospitals in Germany and one in China (that has a center in Hollywood), and now just trying to get in one of those.

It is unbelievable that it’s even a possibility now.

Thanks for the well-wishes!
Reply/Quote
Hope it works out for you Brad. Keep us posted!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2018, 06:25 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hope it works out for you Brad. Keep us posted!

Thanks.

The guy in Hollywood that works for the largest stem cell distributor in the world (in China) just emailed me and said that he'd send me prices, as well as forward everything on to the department that deals with brain injuries, so I'm trying to keep myself in check, but this is unreal.
Reply/Quote
G'luck wid everything. I hope everything goes well.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Congratulations incredible it happened so quickly.

Great News !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 02:09 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Congratulations incredible it happened so quickly.

Great News !

I know, and I was kind of worried when I did research on it and saw that it was in China, but then started researching more and saw that they're the biggest stem cell organization in the world, and then having a center in Hollywood closed the deal, especially with the guy that contacted m being so nice and so helpful.

Been an amazing ride so far and only looks like it's going to get more interesting!
Reply/Quote
Hey Brad, when this takes place maybe you or somebody can start one of those GoFundMe fund raisers like they do to help you with some of your expenses, like travel,boarding meals. I'm sure a lot of folks on here would donate. Just a thought. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 07:04 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Hey Brad, when this takes place maybe you or somebody can start one of those GoFundMe fund raisers like they do to help you with some of your expenses, like travel,boarding meals. I'm sure a lot of folks on here would donate. Just a thought. ThumbsUp

Thanks  ThumbsUp

I thought about that, but I don't like getting charity.

The actual treatment will probably be about ten grand and then I assume travel and all that would be at least another 5, and I have a trust fund set up from the wreck that can cover things like that, so I'll probably just use that (we didn't get anything when we sued the cemetery or the driver or the guy who bought the beer because a judge "voluntarily" let them out of the case).

I might hold a fundraiser around here, but that will be more just because everyone around here is so excited about the possibility and they love helping me and feeling like they're part of the process, so it would be more to make everyone feel included, but not actually for the money.

I do appreciate it!
Reply/Quote
Who (if anyone) is going with you?

Not saying the travel will be a problem, but will you need someone to monitor or help you during any sort of recovery sfter the procedures?
Reply/Quote
Just received an email asking for a phone number so the ACTUAL DOCTOR DOING THE PROCEDURE can call and we can start setting things up!

It still blows me away that it looks like this is going to happen!

THANK YOU VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, MUCH for all of the thoughts and prayers! It looks like we're nearing the finish line!

(I thought this was worthy of its own thread, but I'm taking other people's advice and posting in this thread so people can keep track ThumbsUp )
Reply/Quote
Sounds like this is going to be it! I'm excited for you Brad. You must be on cloud nine!!!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 06:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sounds like this is going to be it! I'm excited for you Brad. You must be on cloud nine!!!

Unbelievable! I was expecting to have to roll through AT LEAST a dozen more hoops but then I get this email saying it’s happening!

I still can’t believe it!
Reply/Quote