Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A. Smith - Grade A Douchebag
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising.  Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct.  The bengals are cheap.  And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t.  Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years.  U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it.  Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for dalton but if we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better.  I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave.  But sanu too?  This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing.  And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati.  A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better.  Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back.  It’s bias bs

Define "ride this team no matter what."
Are you talking simply rooting for them to succeed, having them be our team of choice? I've stuck with them because they were the hometown team where I grew up. I've since moved out of Ohio, but I feel it's difficult to just root for another team just because you move elsewhere.
Are you talking going to and/or watching games? If so, I haven't watched a full season of games since 2017 and haven't been to a game or purchased merchandise in years.
But I haven't quit the Bengals because I am a Cincinnati sports fan. I'm loyal to the city, not the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:03 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Huh.... a few years ago he only had a problem with Marvin Lewis. He even gave us some praise in 2015. Now? He didn’t even bother to mention the offseason acquisitions. Just went to the old, tired rhetoric that the “Bengals are cheap”. I swear, it’s like the 90‘s never ended and 2011-2015 never happened with these “expert analysts” Whatever

Stephen A knows football like I know makeup. No one should be surprised if he didn't even know we had off season acquisitions. He should stop talking about sports outside of basketball and even the basketball players dog on him for thinking he knows as much as he thinks he does. 

(04-14-2020, 02:19 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Ok internet tough guy.... calm down. 

Careful friend, he's next in line to the throne. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising.  Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct.  The bengals are cheap.  And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t.  Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years.  U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it.  Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for daltonut i bf we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better.  I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave.  But sanu too?  This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing.  And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati.  A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better.  Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back.  It’s bias bs

Dalton has shown time and time again he needs everyone healthy cause he does not make the people around him better at all for the most part the guys around him have to carry his mediocre behind. 

It  was let them walk or overpay for them like the teams they went to did. We invested in high draft pick guys to replace them it just did not work out for whatever reason. You act like we let them walk and did not even try to replace them.

Dalton had tunnel vision with AJ he could not win without him threw to him constantly so when AJ went down he had no timing with anyone else. Thats one reason AJ thinks he deserves the moon and stars now to sign he thinks the Bengals can not win without him while it is just Andy can not win without him.

We did invest in high draft picks talk to piano man and uncle fester {Duke Tobin} about the first few misses on the oline. And again the team was not strong enough to carry a mediocre Dalton.

Sanu was not producing at a high level. Marvin Jones is about all you got right out of the whole paragraph we should of kept him if at all possible.

LoL I would of never known what he said if it was not posted here I have not watched espn in 10 years or so unless they had a Bengals game on. So he can babble all he wants to nothing will change them kicking the Bengals for any reason we are small market team and they will always hate on us which is fine with me I have accepted it maybe you should too it makes life so much more pleasant.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising.  Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct.  The bengals are cheap.  And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t.  Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years.  U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it.  Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for dalton but if we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better.  I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave.  But sanu too?  This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing.  And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati.  A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better.  Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back.  It’s bias bs

When you say "we", are you a fan or part of the front office now? I'd like to know where your loyalties actually lie? Or, are you just a troller trying to get a rise out of a fan base. You're probably a Stoolers fan....
Either way, your analysis is a joke about the players who were let go besides Whitworth. But, I can't even give validity to that b/c no one is a fortune teller; and the odds were that Whitworth wouldn't hold up for another 3 or more years like he has. It was the right play at the time with 2 high picked Linemen ready for their turn to prove it. 
Outside of that, everything you said was BS. 
Go somewhere else if you're going to name call the fans of this site pal.....
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:03 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Huh.... a few years ago he only had a problem with Marvin Lewis. He even gave us some praise in 2015. Now? He didn’t even bother to mention the offseason acquisitions. Just went to the old, tired rhetoric that the “Bengals are cheap”. I swear, it’s like the 90‘s never ended and 2011-2015 never happened with these “expert analysts” Whatever

This is spot on. Seemed like lazy journalism
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how everyone here supported him when he was trashing Marvin.

"Everyone" Wrong
Reply/Quote
Smith makes a good living being loud & opinionated. If he would have paid attention he would see the Bengals are having a good off-season & should get significantly better via the draft, but they earned the criticism for the most part. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:10 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Damn, dude. What did we ever do to you?

He's just tired of you bougie bums with your paragraphs, capitalization, and punctuation.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

How about you go follow your boy Dalton as soon as he is cut or traded.. Seems like a win for all involved..
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising. Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct. The bengals are cheap. And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t. Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years. U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it. Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for dalton but if we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better. I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave. But sanu too? This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing. And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati. A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better. Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back. It’s bias bs

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
Can’t stand the guy. Max owns him anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising. Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct. The bengals are cheap. And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t. Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years. U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it. Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for dalton but if we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better. I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave. But sanu too? This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing. And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati. A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better. Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back. It’s bias bs

Damnit! Now I remember why I stayed away from this board for a few months.
Reply/Quote

All I can say is.....that was well said. I've had the NFL Sunday Ticket for 22 years now because I'm a passionate fan of the Bengals and live in Florida.  Last year I wanted to cancel it because I seen the sh!t show coming. I watched about 8 quarters of football the whole year. I keep it because I only have the Ticket on Directv, no other programming. I was grandfathered in. If I cancel and then want it back I would have to purchase a package of channels and I'm not doing that. I'm on the fence for this year. I don't believe Burrow will be the next coming of Montana. 5th year seniors aren't really stars in the NFL. I want him to be great, just dont believe the line will be fixed enough. With the economy bout to go off a cliff I just don't think $500 for the Ticket is a wise investment for me anymore.
Reply/Quote
Don’t care what these idiots say
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 11:31 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=29031749

Take this in, remember it later

Tell him what you think about him

https://twitter.com/stephenasmith

If anyone has time they are willing to throw away and never get back, by all means, tune into SAS and Kellerman and see a bunch of petulant dumbasses all talk at once.  If wasting time and killing brain cells with an onslaught of stupidity and rudeness are what you're after, their show is unmatched.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:19 AM)J24 Wrote: Sigh who cares dudes a basketball guy.

No.  He's a click bait seeking moron.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'd understand the whole "Bengals are cheap" thing still being pushed if we hadn't just spent like the 3rd most money in free agency literally last month. It blows my mind when they say this and don't acknowledge the blockbuster free agency we just had. In years past, yes...we were cheap...but only in free agency.

Of course, I don't expect truth out of the media in 2020.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2020, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess I'd understand the whole "Bengals are cheap" thing still being pushed if we hadn't just spent like the 3rd most money in free agency literally last month. It blows my mind when they say this and don't acknowledge the blockbuster free agency we just had. In years past, yes...we were cheap...but only in free agency.

Of course, I don't expect truth out of the media in 2020.

With all due respect, as much as I hate the media, SAS is not even media any more than a shock jock is a reporter or a Yugo was a car.

And another thing about him, what he screams all day Tuesday is not necessarily what he'll scream all day Wednesday. I seriously want to go to their studio, stand Kellerman and him side by side and punch them both until my hands bleed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 02:06 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: U guys are some sensitive bengal fans and it’s embarrassing.... but not surprising.  Not a Stephen A fan either but what he’s saying is 100% correct.  The bengals are cheap.  And history has shown that when they need to do something they don’t.  Dalton is a solid qb and has been judged on how he’s played with the worst offensive line by far the last three years.  U all think it’s a mystery that when mike brown just let whittworth and Zietler walk daltons numbers and play fell off along with the rest of our offense couple that with an injury prone Aj green and everybody just bashed dalton for it.  

Now I’m not gonna sit here and bang the table for dalton but if we invested in GOOD offensive lineman during off seasons the last three years we would’ve seen the dalton that was balling back in 2015 but of course what else did this cheap franchise do... not only did they get rid of their best offensive lineman to protect the poor guy they also let both Sanu and Marvin Jones walk which of course didn’t make our offense better.  I know I know Marvin Jones wanted to be number 1 somewhere and wanted to leave.  

But sanu too?  This team needs to change its ways overnight or guys like Stephen A and much more will continue to say the same thing.  And as they should it’s well deserved here in Cincinnati.  A lot of u bums in here will ride this team no matter what which is an enabling injustice to the team city and fan base who wants and should demand better.  Don’t even bother quoting me on this and commenting I won’t read it, it don’t matter to me what some of u tool sheds have to say back.  It’s bias bs

There's some truth in what you're saying, but I look at it like this. Is Tua really better off in Miami than Burrow is in Cincinnati?

Miami hasn't won a playoff game since 2000. They have 2 playoff appearances in the last 18 seasons. They haven't produced a good QB since Marino. They didn't win a Super Bowl with Marino, who is probably a top 5 QB ever.

Compare that to Cincy, which has 7 playoff appearances since 2005. Produced 2 QB's with good careers in Palmer and Dalton. Not to mention they just splurged in free agency to build a team around their next QB.

Yeah the Bengals aren't perfect. Far from it. Many of the problems mentioned are very real. That said, if I'm a QB looking to have a successful career, I like Cincy far more than Miami. So why is the media pretending Cincy is a far worse situation?

Btw, try to watch your mouth in the future. Calling people "bums" and "tool sheds" won't be tolerated.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote