Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A Smith unloads on Marvin
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17762072

I think he says everything we've been thinking. Absolute truth.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Pisses me off i have to watch something and agree with obnoxious loud mouth stephen asshole smith
Reply/Quote
One minute long of Stephen A. Smith, and he says something about black/white bs. He is probably the biggest racist i have ever seen. Ridiculous

He is always slamming marvin. He said the same thing after the 2013 playoff loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:50 PM)Gohards Wrote: One minute long of Stephen A. Smith, and he says something about black/white bs. He is probably the biggest racist i have ever seen. Ridiculous

He is always slamming marvin. He said the same thing after the 2013 playoff loss.

I see your Stephen A and raise you Jemele Hill. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17762072

Nothing new, I can't stand Stephen A.  If the bengals somehow beat NE he will be praising Marvin Lewis, next Monday, for being able to motivate young black men that imploded the week before.
Reply/Quote
First time I've ever agreed with the douche. He could be spot on about the racial part too for all we know.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Smith has always blasted Marvin as a Head Coach when given the chance, and deservedly so. Did it big time after losing to the Chargers in the playoffs in '13 and did it after we lost to Pit last season.
Reply/Quote
"They disappoint you when you dont expect it. Its who they are under Marvin Lewis"

Not a fan of Smith, cause of his preaching loudness on stuff, but he nailed saying that as good as anyone.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
He ain't wrong...

Neither is Pacman about the Cowboys Oline btw.

Reply/Quote
I think he himself wanted us to beat Dallas, and was disgusted like us. I agree this is on marvin and the coaching. I've been seeing coaching problems for awhile now.
Reply/Quote
I know it's much easier to point the finger at one thing, than accept the cold hard truth that this team's talent is in decline. So go ahead and blame Marvin, whatever gets you through the night. But if this franchise fires Marvin and fails to address the talent problem, losing will become the norm around here again.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He ain't wrong...

Neither is Pacman about the Cowboys Oline btw.

Yeah, that's what you get when you have a 100 million dollar line....
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:42 AM)Utts Wrote: I know it's much easier to point the finger at one thing, than accept the cold hard truth that this team's talent is in decline. So go ahead and blame Marvin, whatever gets you through the night. But if this franchise fires Marvin and fails to address the talent problem, losing will become the norm around here again.

Really?  You think Minnesota has more talent than the Bengals?  Zimmer has taken that team to a different level.  He lost his starting QB a week before the season and an all-pro running back week 2 or 3.  They have a 90-year old cornerback and are 5-0 - we are 2-3.  If you think it's talent rather than coaching holding back the Bengals I'm not sure what else to say. 

As Marvin himself would say "I see better than I hear".  
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:42 AM)Utts Wrote:  But if this franchise fires Marvin and fails to address the talent problem, losing will become the norm around here again.

Your wrong a very good coach has a lot of talent on this team to make a run and would have the sense to fix the problems we have instead of saying things like, "The offensive line executed perfectly in practice, it's just in the games things go very wrong and we dont know why. We have to look into it and fix this immediately"

That is an actual quote, and it was said before the Dallas game...yes still not fixed.

Marvin needed to go years ago..he won't though and S.A Smith isn't a Bengals fan and doesn't realize the mindset of the Bengals front office. So he can do his best evangelical speech but things aren't changing' even though they should! Hallelujah!

Can I get an Amen my Bengals brothers and sisters? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 10:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17762072

Another example of how a minority gets an opportunity denied to some deserving, long suffering white guy. Wow, didn't see that allegation coming. I can hear a certain cross section of the Bengals Board cheering for Uncle Stephen all the way down here.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:25 AM)xxlt Wrote: Another example of how a minority gets an opportunity denied to some deserving, long suffering white guy. Wow, didn't see that allegation coming. I can hear a certain cross section of the Bengals Board cheering for Uncle Stephen all the way down here.

Really? Does Marvin's playoff win/loss record have any kind of asterisk after it denoting white or black?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:42 AM)Utts Wrote: I know it's much easier to point the finger at one thing, than accept the cold hard truth that this team's talent is in decline. So go ahead and blame Marvin, whatever gets you through the night. But if this franchise fires Marvin and fails to address the talent problem, losing will become the norm around here again.
Agreed.

While it may be time for a new voice for the team, people are acting like the mythical title of "Best Roster in the NFL" once given, lasts forever. People started saying that in 2013... 2013 is gone. This team as currently constructed, isn't very good. They have a good QB, a great WR, a good/ fragile TE, and a couple of playmakers on defense... A lot of teams can make that claim. There is nothing special about the 2016 Bengals, and it's showing on Sundays.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really? Does Marvin's playoff win/loss record have any kind of asterisk after it denoting white or black?

Really. Check out P&R some time. There's a whole group that will form an Uncle Stephen fan club now that he has taken up the mantle of the poor downtrodden white coach and condemned that shiftless black coach who just shuffles along taking from the white man. I won't be a member of the club, but trust me, the members exist. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 01:40 PM)xxlt Wrote: Really. Check out P&R some time. There's a whole group that will form an Uncle Stephen fan club now that he has taken up the mantle of the poor downtrodden white coach and condemned that shiftless black coach who just shuffles along taking from the white man. I won't be a member of the club, but trust me, the members exist. 

Why hasn't it happened already then? He was saying the same thing 3+ years ago and there wasn't any fan club here.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2016, 12:10 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think he himself wanted us to beat Dallas, and was disgusted like us. I agree this is on marvin and the coaching. I've been seeing coaching problems for awhile now.

On paper, we should have been the team that dismantled Dallas. They're a in the bottom half of the league on defense and have gotten chewed up in short passes. Redzone scoring shouldn't have been an issue. Likewise, they've got a rookie QB/RB combo and we've got one of last year's top corners back with a slew of first round picks around him. On paper, the score should have been reversed.
Reply/Quote