Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen A has us ranked number 3 in his top 5
https://youtu.be/exr8NlguKqA

Thoughts ?
Reply/Quote
I have Stephen A. ranked last in just about every catagory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 07:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have Stephen A. ranked last in just about every catagory.

Amen to that!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish he would yell a little louder. Can barely hear him
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 07:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have Stephen A. ranked last in just about every catagory.

Except for a list of most annoying dbags. In which he should be near the top.

Reply/Quote
He takes insufferable to a biblical level.
Reply/Quote
Why would anybody give a flying **** about this loser?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This thread is proof that even when saying good things about our team, we will be consistent and ignore the noise.
Reply/Quote
Stephen A. starts annoying me at hello.
Reply/Quote
I don't follow talking heads anymore, but he was always ranked tied for last with that Schein ahole! Sick

Amazing how these guys get paid to give their 'expert' opinions! Wink
Reply/Quote
It seems that some people hate a lot of announcers. No matter who calls our game for a national network someone will the him. To me I can barely tell who is calling the game. There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them. I guess what I am trying to say is that when it comes to sportscasters I am no hater.

But even I hate Stephen A. I am not one to bash everything ESPN does, but his shows with skip Bayless and whoever it I now were unwatchable for me. When I lived alone I would often have ESPN on the TV as background n0ie when I was dong something else. I wouldn't pay attention so it didn't really matter what was on, but when First Take came on I would have to shut it down.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It seems that some people hate a lot of announcers.  No matter who calls our game for a national network someone will the him.  To me I can barely tell who is calling the game.  There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between them.  I guess what I am trying to say is that when it comes to sportscasters I am no hater.

But even I hate Stephen A.  I am not one to bash everything ESPN does, but his shows with skip Bayless and whoever it I now were unwatchable for me.  When I lived alone I would often have ESPN on the TV as background n0ie when I was dong something else.  I wouldn't pay attention so it didn't really matter what was on, but when First Take came on I would have to shut it down.

Even back when I had DTV Ticket, before Game Pass, I would watch with the TV sound off, and sync Bengals radio to the TV via the DVR.  Very enjoyable actually.  

I believe you can listen to all the games on Bengals website now, maybe a sync with TV can be done without Game Pass?
Reply/Quote
Personally I find his schtick kind of funny. I think he probably laughs at it himself off camera. "Don't ask me if the Bengals are contenders! I'm offended OFFENDED you would ask me that!" How can you not laugh at that?

Reply/Quote
I'll go against the grain and say I don't hate Stephen A. I don't really care for his shtick (yelling, slapping the table, etc), but I often find myself agreeing with his takes. I know he's been spot on about Marvin Lewis.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He should stick to the NBA.
Reply/Quote
Who is the other black guy in this video and why does he look so pissed off all the time?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 02:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll go against the grain and say I don't hate Stephen A. I don't really care for his shtick (yelling, slapping the table, etc), but I often find myself agreeing with his takes. I know he's been spot on about Marvin Lewis.

He said last week that Marvin Lewis still having a job is giving affirmative action a bad reputation. 

Thats about the dumbest/worst take ive ever heard. 
Reply/Quote
In all reality though, can you imagine THIS being your job? To sit there and argue with people about something as arbitrary and subjective as sports? I mean, my God that sounds awful...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I like Stephen A because he doesn't really take himself that seriously. The yelling is kind of a schtick--his thing. If you listen to him long enough and don't take the yelling so seriously, he's pretty good and he makes a lot of sense. And he's not as "militant" as one might assume on a small sample size.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2018, 03:10 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who is the other black guy in this video and why does he look so pissed off all the time?

Ryan Clark. Former steeler and redskin.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote