Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Stephen A re: Bengals in AFC championship game
Stephen A. isn't ruling out the Bengals making it to the AFC championship

Some highlights from the video.

"Joe Burrow has shifted and changed the culture in Cincinnati... If you don't have a guy under center who you believe can win every game, you will have a bad football team... they believe no matter what happens, they can win every game."

"This is a playoff team."

"I'm not gonna rule out Cincinnati ending up in the AFC championship game... I don't think we can look at anybody in the AFC and say, Cincinnati CAN'T beat them."

Not that any of this is groundbreaking news, but y'all are media darlings now. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:45 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Stephen A. isn't ruling out the Bengals making it to the AFC championship

Some highlights from the video.

"Joe Burrow has shifted and changed the culture in Cincinnati... If you don't have a guy under center who you believe can win every game, you will have a bad football team... they believe no matter what happens, they can win every game."

"This is a playoff team."

"I'm not gonna rule out Cincinnati ending up in the AFC championship game... I don't think we can look at anybody in the AFC and say, Cincinnati CAN'T beat them."

Not that any of this is groundbreaking news, but y'all are media darlings now. Rock On

Someone will be along shortly to call BS on that..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone will be along shortly to call BS on that..... Hilarious

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree that there isn't a team in the AFC we can't beat. Hell, I'll say the entire NFL for that matter.

Reply/Quote
We’ve gotten lucky in the sense that most AFC contenders are having a down period or lots of injuries. Most notable is decline of the Chiefs and injuries to Ravens, Steelers, Browns and Colts have swung the door wide open for us. We beat the Titans last year when we were a much worse team, which is also promising.

There really isn’t anyone standing out in the AFC right now. I would say Chargers but even they had their stinker against the Ravens. Bills can be scary too.
Reply/Quote
Man, I hope this team doesn’t lose focus. Every team in the nfl can compete and beat every team. The Jets are going to try to punch us in the mouth and hope they blind side the Bengals early. I think this is the real trap game, not the Jacksonville game, with all the hype the team is getting.

They get a bad loss this Sunday, they lose all momentum moving forward
Reply/Quote
Glad you posted those quotes, cause I can't stand listening to Stephen A...

The talking heads love to point out the obvious and ride whatever train is hot each week, though. If the Bengals lose a game before the bye, it'll all come crashing down that the Ravens win was a fluke. I see outrageous potential in the team, and thought during the offseason this team made enough roster moves that they shouldn't have a lot of excuses. But there's a lot of football left to play and I wouldn't get too hung up on the media who's just looking to spew the obvious each week. I'm sure regardless of what the rest of the season looks like (unless the Bengals went undefeated) the media coverage will be a rollercoaster.
Reply/Quote
I won't call it BS, because I agree with what he's saying . . . potentially!!

Too many things 'can' happen, hopefully not!

I don't listen to talking heads, but I'm pretty sure they were saying much of the same about the TEAM in 2015.

I hope this team stays healthy and makes the playoffs, and that first playoff game clock reaches 00:00 with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, with no yellow or red flags on the field.

Right now, however, I wouldn't be the farm on it!  Wink

The PLAYERS AND COACHES have to CHANGE this history THEMSELVES, talking heads play no part in changing the direction of this franchise!
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:55 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We’ve gotten lucky in the sense that most AFC contenders are having a down period or lots of injuries. Most notable is decline of the Chiefs and injuries to Ravens, Steelers, Browns and Colts have swung the door wide open for us. We beat the Titans last year when we were a much worse team, which is also promising.

There really isn’t anyone standing out in the AFC right now. I would say Chargers but even they had their stinker against the Ravens. Bills can be scary too.

In my opinion, our biggest batch of luck came from nailing almost all of the defensive FAs the last two years and the BJ Hill/Price trade.

That NEVER happens, especially players like Hendrickson who had a career year in a FA year, signed for big money then continued his pace from last season.

Reader
Awuzie
Bell
Hilton
Hill
Apple

And I'm not giving up on Waynes yet. I still feel that he's going to make some plays for us.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:13 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Man, I hope this team doesn’t lose focus. Every team in the nfl can compete and beat every team. The  Jets are going to try to punch us in the mouth and hope they blind side the Bengals early. I think this is the real trap game, not the Jacksonville game, with all the hype the team is getting.

They get a bad loss this Sunday, they lose all momentum moving forward

With the culture in the locker room, even watching Burrow’s speech after one of those comeback games (can’t remember), I don’t think it’s possible to lose focus. 

Raiders will be tough but I can see yall going 7-2 before that game. And I had friends who made fun of me for being a Burrow/Bengals fan before the season saying they “may” win 7 games. 
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I hope this team stays healthy and makes the playoffs, and that first playoff game clock reaches 00:00 with the Bengals ahead by at least one point, with no yellow or red flags on the field.
I can't wait for the day when we don't have to hear "The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991, the longest streak in the NFL".
Reply/Quote
POTENTIALLY? Sure.
LIKELY? Probably not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:10 PM)FastEddie Wrote: I can't wait for the day when we don't have to hear "The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since 1991, the longest streak in the NFL".

IF what I said happens, then your wish will come true . . . just don't be the farm on it, at least until AFTER it comes to pass.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:06 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: With the culture in the locker room, even watching Burrow’s speech after one of those comeback games (can’t remember), I don’t think it’s possible to lose focus. 

Raiders will be tough but I can see yall going 7-2 before that game. And I had friends who made fun of me for being a Burrow/Bengals fan before the season saying they “may” win 7 games. 

You DO know the history of this franchise don't you?  And don't tell me 'history' has nothing to do with it because I've been hearing that the last 15 years!

Even THOUGH Dalton broke his thumb in 2015, they still had that playoff game won and all they had to do was hold on to the football, eat the clock, and either score a TD or kick a FG, but they STILL found a way to shoot themselves in the foot with a fumble and then Burfict's antics on butthead Brown!!

I do know this much.  This franchise is in the best position to win a playoff game than they have since 2015!  Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone will be along shortly to call BS on that..... Hilarious

Yeah.  YOU.

We very literally had an argument about this and you were dug in on Zac being at the heart of the cultural shift in Cincinnati not burrow.

It got so out of control I deleted all my post cause it was embarrassing how stupid it was.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 01:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Someone will be along shortly to call BS on that..... Hilarious

Everything Stephen A says is BS.........

...........except this time.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 02:18 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: The PLAYERS AND COACHES have to CHANGE this history THEMSELVES, talking heads play no part in changing the direction of this franchise!

They call you Mr. Revelation, don't they?
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:31 PM)Stewy Wrote: They call you Mr. Revelation, don't they?

No, I'm just smart enough not to watch or give a crap on what these talking heads think, unlike many here!

Is that the best you got BTW?

A little Negative Nancy or somepun' like that???
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:27 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: You DO know the history of this franchise don't you?  And don't tell me 'history' has nothing to do with it because I've been hearing that the last 15 years!

Even THOUGH Dalton broke his thumb in 2015, they still had that playoff game won and all they had to do was hold on to the football, eat the clock, and either score a TD or kick a FG, but they STILL found a way to shoot themselves in the foot with a fumble and then Burfict's antics on butthead Brown!!

I do know this much.  This franchise is in the best position to win a playoff game than they have since 2015!  Time will tell.

HOWEVER, just the fact that this team doesn't have ANY undisciplined "Burfict" types on the team (much more disciplined, now) means that YES, things are different, now.  

Also, WE know the "history" of this franchise, but to the current group of players, it doesn't mean JACK-SQUAT!  so it's irrelevant.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2021, 03:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: No, I'm just smart enough not to watch or give a crap on what these talking heads think, unlike many here!

Is that the best you got BTW?

A little Negative Nancy or somepun' like that???

lol - calm down there Rocky.  Take that aggression elsewhere.  I was going for humor, not insult.  Go attack the punching bag over --> there

p.s. - And I agree with you on the talking heads.  I didn't click on the link and think SAS is a joke.  *shrugs*
Reply/Quote