Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stephen Smith actually made sense this time
I'm not a fan of his, but every now and then he says something you have to agree with. Much like his views on Marvin Lewis, he made a statement that I agree with today on First Take. In a discussion about the Bengals/Giants game with Kellerman, Kellerman stated that the Bengals were a good team and had the potential to beat any team. Smith jumped in and stated, "The Bengals are not a good team. They are a team with good players, but not a good team. They are dysfunctional." Kellerman said that they are a standard 8-8ish team for the NFL and Smith said, "8-8 is not good! Mediocrity is not good!" Unfortunately I have agree with Smith on both points.

That being said....Bengals win 27-24!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another thread of "Stephen A. Smith has poor judgement, but I am going to bring this up because this time I agree with his poor judgement."

Yawn
Reply/Quote
Stephen A. gets a bad rap on this board. Is he overly hyperbolic at times? Yes he is, but that does not mean he does not have a lot of really good points.

And before anyone tries to bring up "he is a lifetime Steelers fan", he's not... he is a Giants fan and has stated so many times.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Stephen A. gets a bad rap on this board.  Is he overly hyperbolic at times?  Yes he is, but that does not mean he does not have a lot of really good points.

And before anyone tries to bring up "he is a lifetime Steelers fan", he's not... he is a Giants fan and has stated so many times.

He is a Steelers fan though.

And he's just like Skip. They both yell points and only point out the "I WAS RIGHT" moments on their shows. Never about them being wrong.

I mean, on twitter he freaks out about the refs calling that facemask penalty on the Steelers near the end saying why would you call that in a moment like this? Not that it happened, but the refs shouldn't have called it.

Heck. He ever tweeted Dallas is lucky they played a team that can't play defense.

If he doesn't like your team, he's not going to eat crow and say he was wrong. He's going to grind it into the ground he's right.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:24 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Stephen A. gets a bad rap on this board.  Is he overly hyperbolic at times?  Yes he is, but that does not mean he does not have a lot of really good points.

He has some decent insight on the NBA, but even that seems to be from his wealth of insode sources than his own personal analysis.  

He is mostly just a "shock jock" who is more concerned with stirring the pot than making a good point. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 03:10 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He is a Steelers fan though.

And he's just like Skip. They both yell points and only point out the "I WAS RIGHT" moments on their shows. Never about them being wrong.

I mean, on twitter he freaks out about the refs calling that facemask penalty on the Steelers near the end saying why would you call that in a moment like this? Not that it happened, but the refs shouldn't have called it.

Heck. He ever tweeted Dallas is lucky they played a team that can't play defense.

If he doesn't like your team, he's not going to eat crow and say he was wrong. He's going to grind it into the ground he's right.

Do you ever listen to him speak?  He openly says that he has been a lifelong Giants fan.  He may have respect for the Steelers' organization and what they have accomplished, as many do, but he is not a Pittsburgh fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2016, 02:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Another thread of "Stephen A. Smith has poor judgement, but I am going to bring this up because this time I agree with his poor judgement."

Yawn

Isn't that pretty much jungle noise?
Reply/Quote

he is an ass.. plain and simple.. just another example of the "shock jock" journalism we are in now... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote