Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stephon Gilmore anyone?
(03-20-2022, 06:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes please!

Now that we have La’el Collins signed let’s nab Stephon Gilmore. Let’s let Lou Anarumo have some free agency fun too. Gilmore is solid against the pass and the run and with the Bengals having to play Lamar Jackson and Deshaun Watson twice each the secondary needs all the great players they can get.

Agreed. The more help we can get against those 2 the better.
Reply/Quote
With the Waynes imminent cut we will have approximately 24M in cap space. Need to subtract Collins, Apple and Tupou from this number. Until we know the specifics of these contracts we wont know the cash balance.

Reply/Quote
And if they need to (for Gilmore or a different free agent), they have other roster moves that would free up a little extra cap space (Brandon Wilson and either Fred Johnson or Isiah Prince would appear to be good options). Not sure how many backup lineman are really needed but seems like they have several.
Reply/Quote
I feel like any offer to Gilmore at this point is similar to Golladay last year, we are in because the market didn’t materialize but the offer isn’t that great. Maybe we can get him with the contender card but I would not hold my breath. I was a huge get Gilmore guy before FA (created thread in FA area) but I didn’t expect us to get 3 outside lineman of that quality so I’m thinking most the outside money is spent short of a super value deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 06:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: I feel like any offer to Gilmore at this point is similar to Golladay last year, we are in because the market didn’t materialize but the offer isn’t that great. Maybe we can get him with the contender card but I would not hold my breath. I was a huge get Gilmore guy before FA (created thread in FA area) but I didn’t expect us to get 3 outside lineman of that quality so I’m thinking most the outside money is spent short of a super value deal.

I dont disagree... but I was told weeks ago that Gilmore was interested in us. If he reached out first that is a good sign. There is no way of telling if we have cap room or if the Bengals can stomach another big deal. We have already surpassed their planned 40M cap budget according to Hobson.

Reply/Quote
I understand if Gilmore or another big signing is not an option from a cap / money perspective but I don't understand if Waynes returns on his contract. just seems like 10M cap savings could be used in better ways this off season then having Waynes return.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:01 PM)bk42 Wrote: I understand if Gilmore or another big signing is not an option from a cap / money perspective but I don't understand if Waynes returns on his contract.  just seems like 10M cap savings could be used in better ways this off season then having Waynes return.

Why does anyone believe Waynes is returning? You have a better chance of being on the Bengals roster than he does.

Reply/Quote
Wonder if Gilmore is thinking rings or money :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:18 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Wonder if Gilmore is thinking rings or money :)

I was told weeks ago - a ring. But money has to work.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I was told weeks ago - a ring. But money has to work.

If it’s a ring he is after, this Collins signing has to help that ten fold
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 07:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I was told weeks ago - a ring. But money has to work.

Money, as we all know, is always the thing. However a guy that's leaning into the backside of his career will sometimes take a bit less for a better chance at a ring.

We'll see
Reply/Quote

No clue if it's legit, I just seen this online
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:16 PM)sloSTI Wrote: No clue if it's legit, I just seen this online

?????

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: ?????

It shows up on my phone, not sure why it didn't for others
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:20 PM)sloSTI Wrote: It shows up on my phone, not sure why it didn't for others

If it is regarding the Raiders, they have been the frontrunners from the beginning.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: If it is regarding the Raiders, they have been the frontrunners from the beginning.

It's some dude from ESPN saying Bengals signed him
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:23 PM)sloSTI Wrote: It's some dude from ESPN saying Bengals signed him

Hmmm, be great, but you are right, stay skeptical.

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:25 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hmmm, be great, but you are right, stay skeptical.

I don't see the guy on twitter from a google search at all, but weird the picture doesn't show up
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:16 PM)sloSTI Wrote: No clue if it's legit, I just seen this online

14 followers

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2022, 08:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Joined: Jan 2022
14 followers

Seems like bullshit to me
Reply/Quote