Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Bannon.
Here I am, coming home pretty drunk, and what do I have to see, there is not a single thread on Bannon. Although that times story is one of the more interesting aspects.

Is Bannon the chief manipulator, the one holding the strings?
It kind of makes sense. Trump, by all means, doesn't seem to be very inteligent. I'm sorry, not that I intend to offend those I dislike, it's honestly how I feel about him. He looks like what indeed was in plain sight all the time, he's a egocentrical, vain person, definitely not without talents, but nothing implies that he is actually smart. Just full of self-confidence.
Just look at these tweets and tell me honestly they seem like smart words from a smart person. I say they really don't. I use said tweets as all the proof I need.
Bannon, as much as I despise him, seems like a very smart person, though. The story makes sense. Trump had the ambition, the money, the independence and the incredible vanity. Bannon has the insight about right-wing potential, the manipulative skills. And probably the mind of a Joker. Getting off on the thought of creating mayhem, causing it, forcing it at will. I mean, he got voted on your security council, Trump signed the order he "wasn't briefed on"... that alone tells a lot, I'd think.

So well yeah, I think he created that alt-fact environment, he calls the shots, that's my best guess by now. What do you think.

(Oh and I do not need one more day, stay on the fence for technical reasons for another 80 days or so, I've seen enough and already call Trump an awful president and this period a full-blown disaster. Don't mind you disagreeing, and reason of course still prevails, but I do not intend to even pretend any forced impartiality on that one.)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
You said his name, not three, but FOUR TIMES !
SB will now appear at your slumber.
I'll be praying.
Know that I've always liked you.
R.I.P.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
You won't find a single person who voted for daddy around here. They all have low T daddy guilt and will claim they voted for someone else, but let's give the clown a chance.

Bannon is probably more fascist than daddy just by exposure to a wider swath of humanity alone. Couple that with being entrenched in the scum that is breitbart comment section, you got a real winner.
(02-11-2017, 12:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You won't find a single person who voted for daddy around here. They all have low T daddy guilt and will claim they voted for someone else, but let's give the clown a chance.  

Bannon is probably more fascist than daddy just by exposure to a wider swath of humanity alone.  Couple that with being entrenched in the scum that is breitbart comment section, you got a real winner.

ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-11-2017, 12:04 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You won't find a single person who voted for daddy around here. They all have low T daddy guilt and will claim they voted for someone else, but let's give the clown a chance.  

Bannon is probably more fascist than daddy just by exposure to a wider swath of humanity alone.  Couple that with being entrenched in the scum that is breitbart comment section, you got a real winner.

You might still find one or two. And more who still think we need to give him a chance.

Which means all of the little details which the rest of find so disturbing--poor impulse control, inability to focus, security policy detached from data and intel, lack of knowledge about how government works, lack of foreign policy knowledge, selection of unqualified cabinet and advisers, the bromance with Putin, no tax returns, the narcissism, no sense of personal/ professional boundaries, the rush to undo decades of achieved policy, the 7th grade vocabulary, the public conflict with our intel agencies and his state department before he was even sworn into office--have escaped them.

Or that they see some of these flaws but are unable to imagine how they could effect policy and ability to govern.

Like an alcoholic with three failed businesses and a dozen suits pending against him comes into a bank to interview for a loan, dressed all spiffy with a beautiful woman on his arm bragging that he has the BEST IDEA for a new business that will bring jobs to town, THE BEST EVER--and they'd cut him a check on the spot.  He said BEST EVER, right? No one knows the future, right? Who can say for sure this won't be the next Microsoft?   
(02-10-2017, 10:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here I am, coming home pretty drunk, and what do I have to see, there is not a single thread on Bannon. Although that times story is one of the more interesting aspects.

It kind of makes sense. Trump, by all means, doesn't seem to be very inteligent. I'm sorry, not that I intend to offend those I dislike, it's honestly how I feel about him. He looks like what indeed was in plain sight all the time, he's a egocentrical, vain person, definitely not without talents, but nothing implies that he is actually smart. Just full of self-confidence.
Just look at these tweets and tell me honestly they seem like smart words from a smart person. I say they really don't. I use said tweets as all the proof I need.
Bannon, as much as I despise him, seems like a very smart person, though. The story makes sense. Trump had the ambition, the money, the independence and the incredible vanity. Bannon has the insight about right-wing potential, the manipulative skills. And probably the mind of a Joker. Getting off on the thought of creating mayhem, causing it, forcing it at will. I mean, he got voted on your security council, Trump signed the order he "wasn't briefed on"... that alone tells a lot, I'd think.

So well yeah, I think he created that alt-fact environment, he calls the shots, that's my best guess by now. What do you think.

(Oh and I do not need one more day, stay on the fence for technical reasons for another 80 days or so, I've seen enough and already call Trump an awful president and this period a full-blown disaster. Don't mind you disagreeing, and reason of course still prevails, but I do not intend to even pretend any forced impartiality on that one.)

I see the recent Der Spiegel has an article on Bannon--"Mephistos Plan."  You European types get all worked up just because the commander in chief of the world's most powerful military chose a Brownshirt for his closest advisor.

Hollo you need to relax and look upon this as a grand experiment.

We are about to find out if ignorance of how government actually works, stacked upon a lifetime of disinterest in books (history, politics, science), tempered by absence of empathy for victims of war and poverty, fueled by need for adulation, and propelled by a keen sense of how to channel racial anger into authoritarian policy, will make America Great Again.

Even if all this goes downhill and drags the rest of the world along, you have to admit that--for some Americans at least--there will be a few months of feeling gloriously empowered as poor illegals are expelled from the country, Hollywood elites and virtually all world leaders not named "Putin" are kicked in the teeth, and billionaire cabinet members and advisors roll up their sleeves and--once their taxes are cut--get to work defending interests of working class white Americans.  
He would be a more likeable guy if he would just come clean about his homoerotic relationships with Trump and Putin. Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(02-12-2017, 03:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: He would be a more likeable guy if he would just come clean about his homoerotic relationships with Trump and Putin.  Ninja

LOl great sig.

In 8yrs, I never heard anyone admit they voted for Obama when all the anger was being flown about. Then, DT gets elected and they all come out of the woodwork.

(02-12-2017, 07:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In 8yrs, I never heard anyone admit they voted for Obama when all the anger was being flown about. Then, DT gets elected and they all come out of the woodwork.

Did you ever suspect that, with all the people defending Obama, some might have voted for him?
(02-12-2017, 07:40 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: In 8yrs, I never heard anyone admit they voted for Obama when all the anger was being flown about. Then, DT gets elected and they all come out of the woodwork.

Did someone admit to voting for Steve Bannon? Ninja
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

I've said it.  

I voted for McCain in 2008 (despite Palin) because I wanted to vote for him in 2000.  Then I voted for Obama in 2012 because I didn't think Romney would be a good president.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: I see the recent Der Spiegel has an article on Bannon--"Mephistos Plan."  You European types get all worked up just because the commander in chief of the world's most powerful military chose a Brownshirt for his closest advisor.

Hollo you need to relax and look upon this as a grand experiment.

How should that relax me. Experiment, explosion, explanet, they all sound so similar.
This is no Relaxperiment!

(02-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: We are about to find out if ignorance of how government actually works, stacked upon a lifetime of disinterest in books (history, politics, science), tempered by absence of empathy for victims of war and poverty, fueled by need for adulation, and propelled by a keen sense of how to channel racial anger into authoritarian policy, will make America Great Again.

Depends on what "great" means. You Americans were never too clear on that one. Although you always knew you were the greatest country on earth. Before Obama, of course, who dragged the country down by I still don't know what. I tend to forget we all laughed at you so hard.

(02-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: and billionaire cabinet members and advisors roll up their sleeves and--once their taxes are cut--  

Well of course, only a satisfied millionaire is a good public servant, so that makes sense. Just use the fat ones and feed them before, and then they ain't that hungry. Smart.

(02-12-2017, 02:02 PM)Dill Wrote: --get to work defending interests of working class white Americans.  

Which they do by digging out more coal and forcing the rest of the world to accept better deals and all that. Not Japan, though, as I think Trump fell in love with Shinzo Abe. Those Japanese are very polite people.

--- So much talk. And yet no one helped me with my Bannon question. Only one implication he would now kill me in my sleep. Which is ridiculous and frankly a bit insulting. I can take Steve Bannon, even in my dreams.

I now learned that in 2011 Bannon made a movie praising Sarah Palin... which looks like some kind of first attempt now. Donald is his Sarah 2.0

I voted for Trump, and have zero guilt.

In fact, I am pissed at the continuous mis-information.

Facism and Trump/Bannon have very little in common. Trump/Bannon are Nationalists, they puts America first, with all of it's races, not one race. There is nothing wrong with that, that's Trump's style and a big reason why he won the election, because apparently there is enough of "us" out there that feel the same.

Hilarious, even effing Google is getting in on it by changing the actual definition of the word "facist".

Trump has been trying to back Business and EPA regulations off, that does not fit with a Facist style of government, in fact it is entirely the opposite.

Since Trump has become POTUS, he has not been trying to shut down the opposition with physical force, we might all soon lose our Freedom of Speech, but it would be because his hand is being forced by all of these idiots that are still rioting over everything and are falling for the mis-leading lines of BS they read on the MSM. If you think he's been shutting down people's right to protest, then show men where he acted against a Peaceful protest, not one that got out of hand and caused harm to people/property by the protesters.
(02-13-2017, 03:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In fact, I am pissed at the continuous mis-information.

Yea, listening to the Trump administration give alternative facts every day pisses me off too. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-13-2017, 03:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I voted for Trump, and have zero guilt.

Facism and Trump/Bannon have very little in common. Trump/Bannon are Nationalists, they puts America first, with all of it's races, not one race. There is nothing wrong with that, that's Trump's style and a big reason why he won the election, because apparently there is enough of "us" out there that feel the same.

Hilarious, even effing Google is getting in on it by changing the actual definition of the word "facist".

Trump has been trying to back Business and EPA regulations off, that does not fit with a Facist style of government, in fact it is entirely the opposite.

Since Trump has become POTUS, he has not been trying to shut down the opposition with physical force, we might all soon lose our Freedom of Speech, but it would be because his hand is being forced by all of these idiots that are still rioting over everything and are falling for the mis-leading lines of BS they read on the MSM. If you think he's been shutting down people's right to protest, then show men where he acted against a Peaceful protest, not one that got out of hand and caused harm to people/property by the protesters.

Fascism, according to the OED, is a nationalistic and authoritarian system of government. So, you admit to them being nationalist, which is the first part. If you look up authoritarian in the OED, I'd say it pretty well fits as well.

I think the term fascist gets thrown around far too often, but when you look at the definition of the movement you can see where people would draw correlations. Hate to break it to you.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-13-2017, 03:20 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Fascism, according to the OED, is a nationalistic and authoritarian system of government. So, you admit to them being nationalist, which is the first part. If you look up authoritarian in the OED, I'd say it pretty well fits as well.

I think the term fascist gets thrown around far too often, but when you look at the definition of the movement you can see where people would draw correlations. Hate to break it to you.

Don't worry. He doesn't believe you. He doesn't believe the OED. He knows the truth!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(02-10-2017, 10:48 PM)hollodero Wrote: Here I am, coming home pretty drunk, and what do I have to see, there is not a single thread on Bannon. Although that times story is one of the more interesting aspects.

To the bold, that seems to be the popular thought, especially given the duties Bannon has been given that Trump doesn't seem interested in. Who needs security meetings on national security when you've got a leader in propaganda to make those decisions for you  while you're busy running your company?

It's not too different than Bush-Cheney, where the belief was Bush was just the likable puppet while Cheney was letting him be president. That was supported by the business decisions of the executive branch (and Congress, really) during that time. But, as with the current situation, only those two will probably ever know.

(02-13-2017, 03:05 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I voted for Trump, and have zero guilt.

Quote:fascism — an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.

nationalist — a person who advocates political independence for a country.

Trump's "so-called judge" tiff, advocating for the government's ability to take your stuff if you're accused of a crime, attacks on political opponents, net neutrality (which isn't about neutrality, but limiting access to information), etc.

I get that the term "fascist" got thrown around a lot over the last 8 years. It was laughably incorrect. Obama was a lot of things, but if you look at what people generally got pissed about — working with other countries, not "forcing" Congress to stop stonewalling, working to increase refugees and make immigration easier, preventing private businesses from capitalizing off workers or resources  — he was the opposite of a fascist. Or, more correctly, the opposite of what Trump has advocated or done so far.

It doesn't have any thing to do with physical force, but the style of management and, often, that it only benefits members of the party. In that regard, Trump is probably the biggest fascist our country has seen, although some would say Roosevelt was, but that's debatable. Reducing regulations isn't necessarily anti-fascism. Fascism is concerned with a powerful central government (which we have) and access to it; it's got nothing to do with the government monitoring rain water run-off from large ag producers or allowing banks to go batshit with investments again. An authoritative government will intervene in those when it benefits them... you know, like saying "hey, Nordstrom's you should be nice to my daughter." Members of the party get better benefits — access to lawmakers, the offer to squash opponents, businesses that play ball not getting penalized as he's threatened.

In regard to Google, they made that change nearly a year ago. So...
(02-13-2017, 03:57 PM)Benton Wrote: To the bold, that seems to be the popular thought, especially given the duties Bannon has been given that Trump doesn't seem interested in. Who needs security meetings on national security when you've got a leader in propaganda to make those decisions for you  while you're busy running your company?

It's not too different than Bush-Cheney, where the belief was Bush was just the likable puppet while Cheney was letting him be president. That was supported by the business decisions of the executive branch (and Congress, really) during that time. But, as with the current situation, only those two will probably ever know.

Trump's "so-called judge" tiff, advocating for the government's ability to take your stuff if you're accused of a crime, attacks on political opponents, net neutrality (which isn't about neutrality, but limiting access to information), etc.

I get that the term "fascist" got thrown around a lot over the last 8 years. It was laughably incorrect. Obama was a lot of things, but if you look at what people generally got pissed about — working with other countries, not "forcing" Congress to stop stonewalling, working to increase refugees and make immigration easier, preventing private businesses from capitalizing off workers or resources  — he was the opposite of a fascist. Or, more correctly, the opposite of what Trump has advocated or done so far.

It doesn't have any thing to do with physical force, but the style of management and, often, that it only benefits members of the party. In that regard, Trump is probably the biggest fascist our country has seen, although some would say Roosevelt was, but that's debatable. Reducing regulations isn't necessarily anti-fascism. Fascism is concerned with a powerful central government (which we have) and access to it; it's got nothing to do with the government monitoring rain water run-off from large ag producers or allowing banks to go batshit with investments again. An authoritative government will intervene in those when it benefits them... you know, like saying "hey, Nordstrom's you should be nice to my daughter." Members of the party get better benefits — access to lawmakers, the offer to squash opponents, businesses that play ball not getting penalized as he's threatened.

In regard to Google, they made that change nearly a year ago. So...

So......you're saying the orange clad Oompa-Lumpa is more Mussolini than the mustachioed german?  

......Ok.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(02-13-2017, 04:07 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: So......you're saying the orange clad Oompa-Lumpa is more Mussolini than the mustachioed german?  

......Ok.  

In a way, yes.

Mussolini was in it for a strong country for his own gain. He consolidated power to achieve that goal, and he worked against those he thought wouldweaken the country. Especially political opposition.

Hitler was in it to rule the world. He thought that would be achievable, in part, through uniformity.  One religion, one race, one political party, one leader.

I really don't think Trump cares that much about race, religion or political party. Bannon, obviosly, but not Trump. If it came time to round up all Muslims and someone told Trump they bought 40% of his golf packages or 1-in-3 Islamic women wore Ivanka's clothes, Trump would be rolling out the prayer rug and facing Mecca.