Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve King wants to know what "sub groups" contributed as much as Whites have
(07-21-2016, 11:09 PM)jason Wrote: Eh.... 

I was about to light you up til I read that part about scholars still holding on to that notion that Iran was named after the Aryans. I was taught that 2 decades ago in an ancient Indian history class. Looks like I need to brush up on my CE credits.

We had this discussion awhile back on the boards, otherwise I probably wouldn't have even thought about it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-21-2016, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang when I just mentioned in passing that Babylonians where "white", I didn't know folks would go through this many hopes to suggest they were not.

Not ignoring science,  I say there are 3 races in the world. How many races do others say their are scientifically?

Scientifically, there are no races. Culturally, there are three popular races that were created to justify a branch of junk science. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-22-2016, 01:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Scientifically, there are no races. Culturally, there are three popular races that were created to justify a branch of junk science. 

Anthropology?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-22-2016, 02:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anthropology?

Is a great field in the social sciences...?

(07-22-2016, 02:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Is a great field in the social sciences...?

I suppose if one were talking social antropology

(07-22-2016, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose if one were talking social antropology

So you're discussing biological anthropology? 

If so, that too is a fascinating field. I loved studying human evolution in college. 

(07-22-2016, 02:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're discussing biological anthropology? 

If so, that too is a fascinating field. I loved studying human evolution in college. 

As did I; even if it was inconclusive.

(07-22-2016, 02:54 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So you're discussing biological anthropology? 

Yeah we call that Genesis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-22-2016, 03:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah we call that Genesis.

I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

(07-22-2016, 04:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual.

I think I like 4 of their songs with Phil.  Not sure if I even know any with Peter.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-21-2016, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Dang when I just mentioned in passing that Babylonians where "white", I didn't know folks would go through this many hopes to suggest they were not.

Not ignoring science,  I say there are 3 races in the world. How many races do others say their are scientifically?

If you claim there are three races in the world, you are ignoring science. What is the definition of race, scientifically?  What race were Adam and Eve?
(07-22-2016, 07:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you claim there are three races in the world, you are ignoring science. What is the definition of race, scientifically?  What race were Adam and Eve?

I'd say that Adam and Eve were of the human race.  If we have to pick one of the "three races", I'd go with the one that is not Mongoloid or Caucasoid.  I think I once read that damn near everyone on the planet can be genetically traced back to one female in Africa.  We can call her Eve.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(07-22-2016, 09:23 PM)jason Wrote: human race

Good answer. 
(07-22-2016, 07:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If you claim there are three races in the world, you are ignoring science. What is the definition of race, scientifically?  What race were Adam and Eve?

How many colors are there in the world?

(07-23-2016, 01:08 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Good answer. 

T-Shirt Time...

No they are encouraging divisiveness.

Anything more than one, white race is just a "sub group".  Remember...that is what King called them in the OP.  And that is what these people are defending.

Whites and "sub groups".

Oh, btw, according to the same people Obama's policies are divisive and he is causing all the race stuff.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Again you don't understand the context of this discussion.

We are talking about King's comments, and middle eastern people like the Babylonias are not included in the "old white people" who are running the GOP.
(07-23-2016, 02:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many colors are there in the world?

(01-04-2016, 11:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First: answering a question with a question is rude.

(03-24-2016, 10:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Answering a question with a question. Is that an evolutionist trick?

(04-16-2016, 07:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why does everybody answer a question with a question?

(04-16-2016, 11:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it is because most of the times they don't want to give a straight answer to  the question posed

(11-12-2015, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Couldn't help but notice you didn't answer the question.
(07-23-2016, 02:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How many colors are there in the world?

Three. Purple, black, and gold. 

(07-23-2016, 10:31 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Again you don't understand the context of this discussion.

We are talking about King's comments, and middle eastern people like the Babylonias are not included in the "old white people" who are running the GOP.

You keep moving the target of what is relevant discussion in a thread. In another thread I was considered  "not understanding" because I was talking in line with the title of the thread. In this instance I am considered "not understanding".

Folks brought up Babylons, I mentioned they were white, because the title of the thread says white. Nothing more, nothing less.