Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Smith on the sideline
(09-28-2015, 10:06 PM)Big Boss Wrote: And here I am left curious as to what he must think of the Ravens' secondary.

Apparently he went on a rant in the locker room after the game saying some guys were just "happy to be on the team" Smirk
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
It's hard for me to be too upset about it when our own franchise has had its share of talkers. Sure, Steve Smith Sr has more of an edge than the fun-loving Chad Johnson, but TJ Houshmandzadeh had an edge of his own. Nowadays, Pacman likes to yap as well.

That said, despite how well Smith tends to play against Cincinnati, his teams are now 1-5 against the Bengals. Ouch. Might explain some of that angst.

Considering this and Flacco stating that he doesn't believe the Ravens should ever lose to the Bengals (who are 8-7 vs Flacco's Ravens), anyone else find it ironic that it's now the Ravens getting attention for running their mouths & getting into legal while looking up in the division?
Reply/Quote
Well, Steve Smith curb stomped us but football is a team game so meh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah he said numbers and called a lot of the guys eff boys

AJ Green drops 250 yards and sits his ass down and stays quiet
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What the hell is a "f--kboy"?  My slang over the last year is slacking.

Here's a brief history of the word.  I see it spelled "f--kboi' more often than not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I agree about the trash talking being part of the game, dude should not have pulled the dogs' chains.  I love the guys' intensity, and love for the game, but he is just one hit from retirement..

Or 13 games ... Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm saying that he has to see this team again.  That is, unless he talks trash to the wrong group prior to getting to PBS...

yeah but we will probly be resting our starters by then lol
Reply/Quote
Dude's got issues. It works OK on the football field i guess, but he better find a way to control his hatred when he retires.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I get that he plays for the Ravens so we don't like him and think he's a dummy for "making us mad" or whatever, but he sort of reminds me of Corey Dillion the way he is the only guy showing up and seems pretty furious about the whole thing. Aren't we just looking for excuses to badmouth a Ravens player on this one? If he were phoning in his last season we'd be giving him hell, too.
Reply/Quote
Haha I saw him going off on the sideline after his last TD...didn't see him saying much when the game ended though. Mellow Maybe Steve and "Joe Cool" can direct that hate to THEIR SECONDARY who got abused by AJ...:snark:

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I get that he plays for the Ravens so we don't like him and think he's a dummy for "making us mad" or whatever, but he sort of reminds me of Corey Dillion the way he is the only guy showing up and seems pretty furious about the whole thing.  Aren't we just looking for excuses to badmouth a Ravens player on this one?  If he were phoning in his last season we'd be giving him hell, too.

Looks at Nately's post. Looks to make sure he's still in the Smack forum. Shakes his head. Drops his chin to his chest. Weeps loudly and uncontrollably. Punches a dog in the foot. Kicks a baby in the hair. Rapes his underwear. Gets consoled by his wife. Forgets where he was going with this and utters a very soft, yet strangely high pitched, "Oh well."

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 12:28 PM)CincyCR3814 Wrote: Haha I saw him going off on the sideline after his last TD...didn't see him saying much when the game ended though. Mellow Maybe Steve and "Joe Cool" can direct that hate to THEIR SECONDARY who got abused by AJ...:snark:

WHO DEY!!!
Tiger

This would lead to Steve knocking out his teammates in practice.
Reply/Quote
If a 36 year old can put up 186 yards and 2 TDs on you, he's allowed to talk as much trash as he wants.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: What the hell is a "f--kboy"?  My slang over the last year is slacking.

I don't know, but when he was done trashing Bengals players he stood up and shouted "i was born to rape this division!". So, it seems he has some weird sexual fantasies. 

I'm thinking the two of you would get along swell. Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 01:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: If a 36 year old can put up 186 yards and 2 TDs on you, he's allowed to talk as much trash as he wants.

Only a winner can talk trash. Otherwise you end up looking like a crybaby idiot.

So a Raven. I guess he can say what he wants.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Only a winner can talk trash. Otherwise you end up looking like a crybaby idiot.

So a Raven. I guess he can say what he wants.

He looks like a crybaby idiot for mocking the secondary that couldn't contain a 36 year old receiver while the game was still going on?

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He looks like a crybaby idiot for mocking the secondary that couldn't contain a 36 year old receiver while the game was still going on?

Where is this couldn't contain bullshit coming from?

Dude had 2 monster plays in the second half that wouldn't had happened if people could wrap up and tackle.

He didn't do shit until the defense sat back in zones so yeah, he sounds like an idiot crybaby. You notice he didn't say shit the entire first half? It's because he was being contained by that 'trash' and '*******'.

Dude needs to look at his team mates before he calls a player on a division rival (and a team he is 1-4 against in his career) anything other than their names.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 02:58 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where is this couldn't contain bullshit coming from?

Dude had 2 monster plays in the second half that wouldn't had happened if people could wrap up and tackle.

He didn't do shit until the defense sat back in zones so yeah, he sounds like an idiot crybaby. You notice he didn't say shit the entire first half? It's because he was being contained by that 'trash' and '*******'.

Dude needs to look at his team mates before he calls a player on a division rival (and a team he is 1-4 against in his career) anything other than their names.

186 yards is "contained" because it was all just 2 big plays... lol, ok

Yea, again, explain to me how he is an "idiot crybaby" for mocking a secondary that couldn't contain a 36 year old receiver during the game. I get the "idiot crybaby" if he was complaining about something AFTER the game, like a penalty or a call... but what exactly is he "crying" about when he calls a player trash?

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 186 yards is "contained" because it was all just 2 big plays... lol, ok

Yea, again, explain to me how he is an "idiot crybaby" for mocking a secondary that couldn't contain a 36 year old receiver during the game. I get the "idiot crybaby" if he was complaining about something AFTER the game, like a penalty or a call... but what exactly is he "crying" about when he calls a player trash?

He was contained because he was 5/8 for 48 yards before the defense switched over to zone coverage. He was contained because his biggest plays were the result of piss poor tackling and because he was (for some idiotic reason on the Bengals part) line up against Emmanuel Lamur on an obvious passing down. He was contained because until they started keeping him on drag routes and slants, he got shit for YAC.

Did you even watch the game? I mean I know you were there, but did you ever take your face out of your hands after that missed field goal? For ****'s sake you're smarter than this - the raw stat line doesn't tell you the story, it tells you the ending.

He's an idiot crybaby because he couldn't do anything but cry in the first half and then get caught being a mouthy idiot in the second.

Whatever - this discussion is moot; as Kirkpatrick said - scoreboard.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 03:13 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: 186 yards is "contained" because it was all just 2 big plays... lol, ok

so he's pretty much saying he isn't actually any good.  Dude has serious issues that aren't going to carry over well once he retires.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote