Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Smith on the sideline
(09-29-2015, 03:33 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He was contained because he was 5/8 for 48 yards before the defense switched over to zone coverage. He was contained because his biggest plays were the result of piss poor tackling and because he was (for some idiotic reason on the Bengals part) line up against Emmanuel Lamur on an obvious passing down. He was contained because until they started keeping him on drag routes and slants, he got shit for YAC.

You may want to read this crap again. Talk about no understanding.
He was not contained no matter what garbage you try to justify. That's exactly how most WR production. They still lost but that 36 old being "contained" kept them in it.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 06:00 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You may want to read this crap again. Talk about no understanding.
He was not contained no matter what garbage you try to justify. That's exactly how most WR production. They still lost but that 36 old  being "contained" kept them in it.

He was on course for a very pedestrian game before a couple blown plays.

Get over it.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:25 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: He was on course for a very pedestrian game before a couple blown plays.

Get over it.

Which translates to he wasn't contained.

Lol every player starts out with a "pedestrian" game genius.

AJ had a hall of fame type game. I'm not going to down play it on "blown plays".
Regardless like I said they still lost. I've been over it.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:28 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Which translates to he wasn't contained.

Lol every player starts out with a "pedestrian" game genius.

AJ had a hall of fame type game. I'm not going to down play it on "blown plays".
Regardless like I said they still lost. I've been over it.

Keep reaching. Not contained would be a longer reception than 14 yards before the second half when the defense just said **** it and it and backed off, playing to Smith's strengths (idiot defensive coordinator). 3 whiffed tackles later and his game was suddenly saved. Dude didn't so shit against man, ergo he was contained as well as one could be contained in this pass happy NFL.

But keep trying to defend his awesome play by using the end game, completely ignoring my point.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 08:49 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Keep reaching. Not contained would be a longer reception than 14 yards before the second half when the defense just said **** it and it and backed off, playing to Smith's strengths (idiot defensive coordinator). 3 whiffed tackles later and his game was suddenly saved. Dude didn't so shit against man, ergo he was contained as well as one could be contained in this pass happy NFL.

But keep trying to defend his awesome play by using the end game, completely ignoring my point.

186 yards to any player is not contained period. No matter what or how you try to justify it. If you whiff on tackles. It's still not containing a player. The Ravens weak secondary whiffed on tackles and couldn't contain AJ.
Get it?
Congrats on the win.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:02 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: 186 yards to any player is not contained period. No matter what or how you try to justify it. If you whiff on tackles. It's still not containing a player. The Ravens weak secondary whiffed on tackles and couldn't contain AJ.
Get it?
Congrats on the win.

Swing and a miss. No surprise.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:07 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Swing and a miss. No surprise.

You have no clue. No surprise.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:09 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: You have no clue.  No surprise.

You're making an argument against something I never said, and you say I don't have a clue? Don't you have a murderer to idolize?
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:21 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You're making an argument against something I never said, and you say I don't have a clue? Don't you have a murderer to idolize?

Great come back.....when all else fails breakout the ole Ray Lewis smack....brilliant ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm having the same argument on two sides - one Bengals fan too stupid to understand and a Ravens fan too stupid to understand. The sad part is they're both saying the same thing so I have to type every response twice. It's exhausting. Why don't phones have an easier way to copy and paste, dammit! It's 2015 - get on point, Samsung.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:23 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Great come back.....when all else fails breakout the ole Ray Lewis smack....brilliant ThumbsUp

I said a murderer. Wasn't Ray Lewis acquitted? Must be that collective guilty conscience.

You're entire point is a strawman. Learn to read what I said and come back.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:25 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I said a murderer. Wasn't Ray Lewis acquitted? Must be that collective guilty conscience.

You're entire point is a strawman. Learn to read what I said and come back.

Far from it. Your point is on woulda coulda shoulda ifs and buts. There's no way to argue against 186 yards or 227. Bengals won so everything else is mute.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:23 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: easier way to copy and paste, dammit!

I'm sure your teacher will hand out glue sticks and safety scissors to your class soon.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 09:43 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Far from it. Your point is on woulda coulda shoulda ifs and buts. There's no way to argue against 186 yards or 227. Bengals won so everything else is mute.

Actually my entire point is that he was contained in the first half when the Bengals were playing man coverage on him. Then they switched over to zone and allowed the Ravens to exploit the zone coverage. A couple broken plays later, he had his final stat line.

You looked at the final result and said 'dur he can't be stopped'. I watched the entirety of the game and realize the how and why he got to that line.

Now that I held your hand and spelled it out for you, I hope you understand. Otherwise I'm gonna have to use flash cards.

Don't you get local TV in your trailer? You should've been able to watch the game in it's home market.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I don't care if he runs his goofy sounding mouth. He still walked off of the field winless on Sunday. Maybe he should have talked shit to his teammates instead, since they weren't really doing much to try to get a victory....at least Steve Smith has some passion to him.

I'm not getting the "Steve Smith was contained" argument, but it doesn't matter one bit. No matter how un-contained the guy was the Ravens still lost. The team that he was calling trash is now 3.5 games above them in the AFCN standings....3 games into the season. How's that for "trash"?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't care if he runs his goofy sounding mouth.  He still walked off of the field winless on Sunday.  Maybe he should have talked shit to his teammates instead, since they weren't really doing much to try to get a victory....at least Steve Smith has some passion to him.

I'm not getting the "Steve Smith was contained" argument, but it doesn't matter one bit.  No matter how un-contained the guy was the Ravens still lost. The team that he was calling trash is now 3.5 games above them in the AFCN standings....3 games into the season.  How's that for "trash"?

I still don't know what a f***boy is.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:02 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Actually my entire point is that he was contained in the first half when the Bengals were playing man coverage on him. Then they switched over to zone and allowed the Ravens to exploit the zone coverage. A couple broken plays later, he had his final stat line.

You looked at the final result and said 'dur he can't be stopped'. I watched the entirety of the game and realize the how and why he got to that line.

Now that I held your hand and spelled it out for you, I hope you understand. Otherwise I'm gonna have to use flash cards.

Don't you get local TV in your trailer? You should've been able to watch the game in it's home market.

I get what you were trying to say. However I think it's silly to try to discredit a hell of an effort and game. First half Gilmore was getting it going before the calf injury. After he went out all the Ravens had was Sr. And had a great game.

But if you want to use that logic. The same could've been said about Green and the coverage called. But I'm not going to try to make excuses for him going off on the Ravens. Yet you can't fathom giving a player credit for a good game. Regardless of his game the Ravens lost. Do really I don't even care.

I usually watch the coaches film on game pass. I'm do a little more than the average fan and I'm sure I can explain the sets/coverages pretty well.

Maybe I'll write it in crayon for you.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I still don't know what a f***boy is.  

Ha...this was my big question.  I looked it up, and Urban Dictionary's first description is:

A person who is a weak ass pu$sy that ain't about shit.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=****+boy
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 10:28 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: I get what you were trying to say. However I think it's silly to try to discredit a hell of an effort and game. First half Gilmore was getting it going before the calf injury. After he went out all the Ravens had was Sr. And had a great game.

But if you want to use that logic. The same could've been said about Green and the coverage called. But I'm not going to try to make excuses for him going off on the Ravens. Yet you can't fathom giving a player credit for a good game. Regardless of his game the Ravens lost. Do really I don't even care.

I usually watch the coaches film on game pass. I'm do a little more than the average fan and I'm sure I can explain the sets/coverages pretty well.

Maybe I'll write it in crayon for you.

Where didn't I give Smith credit? Perhaps you mistook my frustration with the defensive scheme in the second half as saying Smith can't play. If so that's on you - I never once said the dude didn't play his ass off.

All of my problems with his second half explosion are internal. My only problem with him is insulting players that had, until that point, actually held him to what was shaping up to be an average game. Did they deserve it? After that shoddy tackling yes. Does it make Smith look idiotic in hindsight? Absolutely.

And yes, the same could be said of Green's long TD. Shoddy tackling on Baltimore's part. It happens. But we're not talking about him. Smith ran his mouth prematurely and it makes us laugh, especially with the benefit of drive tracking and coach's cam.

Go ahead and watch the coach's film. Find something wrong with anything I said. Until then, shut your cake hole because you you've got nothing except your pathetic strawmen.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 11:03 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Where didn't I give Smith credit? Perhaps you mistook my frustration with the defensive scheme in the second half as saying Smith can't play. If so that's on you - I never once said the dude didn't play his ass off.

All of my problems with his second half explosion are internal. My only problem with him is insulting players that had, until that point, actually held him to what was shaping up to be an average game. Did they deserve it? After that shoddy tackling yes. Does it make Smith look idiotic in hindsight? Absolutely.

And yes, the same could be said of Green's long TD.  Shoddy tackling on Baltimore's part. It happens. But we're not talking about him. Smith ran his mouth prematurely and it makes us laugh, especially with the benefit of drive tracking and coach's cam.

Go ahead and watch the coach's film. Find something wrong with anything I said. Until then, shut your cake hole because you you've got nothing except your pathetic strawmen.

Hell I wish all players played with as much passion as Sr. Win lose or draw talking ish is part of the game and being competitive. He doesn't look like the fool because of trash talking. He backed his talk up. His team looked like the fool. Did he not put up 186 and his team loss? Where is the straw man theory in that?

You need to look up the definition of a strawman. You keep bringing up woulda coulda shoulda to argue something silly.

Again he put up 186 in a loss. Where is the fallacy in that?
Sit down and learn something.
Reply/Quote