Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary Cap could be around $180-185 mill, per reports
(02-05-2021, 09:08 PM)J24 Wrote: The owners have to get to a 17th game for TV deals which they are negotiating right now with networks. There is know way the players association is going to agree to that without at the very least a cap freeze.  The owners do not have a choice  because they can't let down their TV partners.
At the end of the day it will be a trade Cap freeze for the 17th game. Good day sir.

You don't think the Player's Association knew about the new TV deal and the league wanting a 17th game? Trust me if you know about it they've known about it longer.

Fact is they agreed to a 175mil salary cap bottom knowing all the information. You are arguing a point that legally cannot be changed without massive fines against players.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't think the Player's Association knew about the new TV deal and the league wanting a 17th game? Trust me if you know about it they've known about it longer.

Fact is they agreed to a 175mil salary cap bottom knowing all the information. You are arguing a point that legally cannot be changed without massive fines against players.

Yes of course they  know and they haven't agreed to the 17th game. Why is that? Because they are clearly using it as a negotiating tool.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Wherever the cap lands, the Bengals have a great opportunity here if ownership chooses to use it. There will be players cut and others who can't get the guaranteed money they're looking for. Contracts will be backloaded but teams will be hesitant to over do it.

The Bengals have the space to sign players at a rate closer to market. Only a few teams can hand out one year 'prove it' deals at a competitive rate and the Bengals are one of them. Sign extra motivated players for one year and get a comp pick when they leave or trade them midseason. Cincy can also afford to structure deals more 'normally' and use that to their advantage.

It will be interesting to see if you guys or one of the other historically cheap teams use this to their advantage. Again, wherever the cap settles, there's less money to go around. Advantage Bengals. Btw- Ravens & Browns are in okay shape, Steelers are in trouble. Cincy could mess around and compete this year and add future comp picks if they're smart about it.
Reply/Quote