Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Video 
The first time I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Austin City Limits 1983

Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Then there's this great concert

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
The world would be a better place if he were still with us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 03:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The first time I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan.
Austin City Limits 1983

That same exact show was the first time I even heard SRV. The song I remember was "Texas Flood".  I was literally slack jawed.  It blew me away.  I remember looking at my buddy and saying "Who the F#@% is this guy?"
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 09:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That same exact show was the first time I even heard SRV. The song I remember was "Texas Flood".  I was literally slack jawed.  It blew me away.  I remember looking at my buddy and saying "Who the F#@% is this guy?"

If you liked that version you should check out the 11 minute off the "Blues At Sunrise" album. I think it's from another show he did in Texas but wasn't on Austin City Limits.

I'll tell you, I don't think there is any better than Stevie Ray Vaughan. Not Jimi Hendrix, not Jimmy Page, not Eric Clapton, not anyone. Just watch SRV play in that second video, he is AWSOME.

My opinion of course.
Reply/Quote
My favorite Stevie song:

[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
SRV Tin Pan Alley with Johnny Copeland Live at Steamboat 1980. He was the most influential guitarist of his era. I consider Clapton, the Kings, and Hendrix All-Time greats as well but SRV spawned an entire army of wannabes.
Reply/Quote
Such a bad ass.  Pimp coat and wiping "the sleepies" from his eyes for sound check tears it up. LOL

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2015, 11:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I'll tell you, I don't think there is any better than Stevie Ray Vaughan. Not Jimi Hendrix, not Jimmy Page, not Eric Clapton, not anyone. Just watch SRV play in that second video, he is AWSOME.

To me it is SRV and Hendrix.

There are lot's of amazing guitar players, but when you judge the best it is not about the technical chops.  It is about the way they can put their feelings into the music.
Reply/Quote