Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stevie Wonder
Saw him on tour in Indianapolis last night. Played for over 3 and a half hours. Voice was immaculate and his backing band and singers were on point. If he is coming your way. Check him out. Dude is an icon.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:40 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Saw him on tour in Indianapolis last night.  Played for over 3 and a half hours.  Voice was immaculate and his backing band and singers were on point.  If he is coming your way.  Check him out.  Dude is an icon.

He is an immortal.  Great writer, great performer, 50 year career.  A Mt. Rushmore kind of legend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I have a funny story from when I saw him live in Denver about 20 years ago.  He got the crowd to sing along to the chorus of "Maybe Your Baby", except the crowd kept saying "Maybe your baby HAS done made some other plans." instead of "Maybe your baby done made some other plans".  He actually stopped the song to correct the crowd.  He was laughing about it, so it wasn't like he was being a  jerk or anything.  He just found it funny that the crowd insisted on using proper grammar instead of singing the lyrics.

And I agree 100% that everyone who gets a chance should see him live.  He is a freaking legend, and his songs are timeless.
Reply/Quote
I didn't even know he was touring.  My step son asked me the other day if Stevie Wonder was still alive, and if he was any good.  I told him that "He's not good...  He's great.".  Once or twice a year when I've had a rough day I like to throw Songs in the Key of Life  (vinyl) on, and just unwind. 

There was a thread on here a while back about the number 1 song on the day we were born.  Mine was You Haven't Done Nothing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 05:12 PM)jason Wrote: I didn't even know he was touring.  My step son asked me the other day if Stevie Wonder was still alive, and if he was any good.  I told him that "He's not good...  He's great.".  Once or twice a year when I've had a rough day I like to throw Songs in the Key of Life  (vinyl) on, and just unwind. 

There was a thread on here a while back about the number 1 song on the day we were born.  Mine was You Haven't Done Nothing.

He played the entire Songs from the Key of Life album.  He finished with a medley of hits from some of his other albums.  Definitely got my money's worth.  Didn't even know he was touring until last Monday.  This calendar year I have seen Fleetwood Mac, The Stones, and Wonder.  These guys were still great.  Could only imagine what seeing them in their prime would have been like.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have a funny story from when I saw him live in Denver about 20 years ago.  He got the crowd to sing along to the chorus of "Maybe Your Baby", except the crowd kept saying "Maybe your baby HAS done made some other plans." instead of "Maybe your baby done made some other plans".  He actually stopped the song to correct the crowd.  He was laughing about it, so it wasn't like he was being a  jerk or anything.  He just found it funny that the crowd insisted on using proper grammar instead of singing the lyrics.

And I agree 100% that everyone who gets a chance should see him live.  He is a freaking legend, and his songs are timeless.

He has a great since of humour.  He was playing to the crowd all night.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 10:40 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: Saw him on tour in Indianapolis last night.  Played for over 3 and a half hours.  Voice was immaculate and his backing band and singers were on point.  If he is coming your way.  Check him out.  Dude is an icon.

We had a shot at tickets for him in Charlottesville at UVA's arena.  As much as we really wanted to see him we passed as it is on a Tuesday night.  It would be late as hell when the show ends, and then we would still have to drive 70 miles.  There's no way to pull that off on a work night anymore...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 08:36 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: We had a shot at tickets for him in Charlottesville at UVA's arena.  As much as we really wanted to see him we passed as it is on a Tuesday night.  It would be late as hell when the show ends, and then we would still have to drive 70 miles.  There's no way to pull that off on a work night anymore...

I can understand.  It was hard on a Saturday night, just due to the fact it went til 12:00 AM.  I'm not used to staying out that late anymore.  
Reply/Quote
How as the crowd, WDW? They didn't seem to be promoting it that well around town.  And I've been getting e-mails for weeks from Ticketmaster for a "4 Tix for $99" package.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 09:59 AM)Donnyho Wrote: How as the crowd, WDW? They didn't seem to be promoting it that well around town.  And I've been getting e-mails for weeks from Ticketmaster for a "4 Tix for $99" package.

The crowd was good.  I didn't really notice a lot of empty seats.  People from every age and race demographic.  I didn't even know about it until I got a ticketmaster email last week.  
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2015, 08:19 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: He played the entire Songs from the Key of Life album.  He finished with a medley of hits from some of his other albums.  Definitely got my money's worth.  Didn't even know he was touring until last Monday.  This calendar year I have seen Fleetwood Mac, The Stones, and Wonder.  These guys were still great.  Could only imagine what seeing them in their prime would have been like.

I remember when you were posting about going to that show.  I had told you they were sorry the last time I saw them in 04.  I could have went for free at Ohio Stadium, and chose not to.  I've heard nothing but good about that show.  I didn't realize that they were playing without all of the backing musicians & singers.  I wish that I would have gone.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2015, 10:32 PM)jason Wrote: I remember when you were posting about going to that show.  I had told you they were sorry the last time I saw them in 04.  I could have went for free at Ohio Stadium, and chose not to.  I've heard nothing but good about that show.  I didn't realize that they were playing without all of the backing musicians & singers.  I wish that I would have gone.

I had no choice really.  I figured it was going to be my only opportunity to see these guys perform so I had to go.  Glad it ended up being a great performance. 
Reply/Quote