Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stewy - MDD - Only Mock
Hi all - I only do one and I am not that draftnick that 99% of you are.  I listen to what others think of prospects throughout the year and then read draft profiles from NFL.com.  This draft is dominated by production.  I like 3-4 year starters, producers, etc.  i don't like projects except in the last few rounds.

One last thing.  MDD was behaving strangely, I could restart but get the same results every time.  The only way I could get the randomizer to reset was to reload the page.  So I reloaded the page until the top of the draft made sense to me.  meaning WIlliams first, lost of QBs and WR at the top etc.  I had one sequence where when I restarted it had McCarthy going #1 10x in a row, until I reloaded the page.  So the draft below represents the consensus "Top of the Draft Makes Sense" starting point.

Anyway, here we go.

Some thoughts.
#1 - Exciting CB - top talent, great production, huge potential
#2 - Slid down the board, great production, value pick, nice height and speed and finds the end zone
#3 - Cooper - very good value here, lots and starts, production, etc. Impressive
#4 - Blake F. - board favorite - didn't look up stats, fills need, value
#5 - M. Jackson DT - another board favorite, fills need, value
#6-#11 - Edge, TE, DL, RB, IOL, TE - Combinations of value, need, production, multi-year starters, etc.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's a solid draft. Honestly, it's one that wouldn't excite me, but maybe that is what we need.
Reply/Quote
Had a little of the same with MDD and just did a ProFootballNetwork mock lately that seemed much more likely.

Really like Mitchell and he could be a great Corner as he is as good as it gets in Zone coverage, good tackler, length etc.

Not a big fan of Franklin as I like Pearsall and Malachi Corley more, but not a bad pick. Beebe is a steal in the 3rd, same with Fisher
and McKinnley in the 4th. The backend of this draft is something I could only dream of honestly, love every player taken especially
Tyrone Tracy Jr.

Very good job and thanks for changing it up. Will show my PFN Mock tomorrow if you are interested Stewy. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2024, 12:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very good job and thanks for changing it up. Will show my PFN Mock tomorrow if you are interested Stewy.  Rock On

I glance at them all, but I just don't comment much, since, as I said 99% of you all are more serious about it than me.

As for the back end of the draft, that's where I spent all my time looking up profiles of the TOP remaining vs. our needs.  I believe there's independent threads here on Tyler because of how much people like him.  But it wasn't till after I drafted him that I put 2 and 2 together that it was the same guy so many are high on.  I don't think he falls that far TBH.

Thanks for the response!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote