Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick a fork in Pacman, he is done.
(10-31-2016, 01:17 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: He looks two steps slower than last year.

His wallet is heavier!  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 02:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I think we all just overrated Adam Jones.  Unfortunately, we got put into a situation where we had to keep some players and let others go.  At this point, it appears we may have chosen wrongly.

It also doesn't help that our 2014 first rounder looks pretty bad and our 2016 first rounder got hurt the first week of camp.  You keep positions like CB fresh because if you lose just a tiny bit, it can be exploited astronomically.  We just got a little to far behind the eight ball here.

Pacman has been good, so I dont think anyone overrated him. If he has indeed begin the slide downward due to age, it has to start at some point which just so happens to be this year. But for the reasons you said, it is even more apparent because players like Dennard have yet to step up forcing Pacman to start at corner.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed. AND he can't tackle.

... this year, who on the Bengals can and is?
Reply/Quote
IMO Adam can still play...

But I think the combination of lack of pass rush and IMO the CBs have no trust in the safeties to be where they should be is making a huge difference in how the CBs play.
Seeing a lot of cushion from Dre and Adam that has not been there in the past. Seem its in their heads that if someone gets behind them they dont trust their guys to help them out.

The secondary is all out of sorts and the defensive line woes are making it a clear concern.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:57 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The main issue with the secondary this year is Shawn Williams.

That guy is an enforcer, a hard hitter, a good run stopper and, occasionally, a playmaker. But his pass coverage is absolute garbage. The drop off from Reggie to him is astronomical. It's actually painful to watch.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Iloka also move over from one side of the field to the other to take over Reggie's old FS spot?
I get why, as Williams was never going to be good enough in coverage to play FS, but Iloka could also be having some growing pains seeing action from the other half of the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Remember when Leon Hall started to slip as a starting CB? We had Kirkpatrick to fill in. We had other options. Hall became a valuable asset because of his experience and versatility, but not reliable given his diminished skill.

I see this as the start of the exact same thing, except we don't have a guy like Dre that we're comfortable enough to plug in to high leverage situations. Dre took his lumps early on, but he also held his own and has turned into one of our better defensive players in 2+ years of full-time PT. If you told me Dennard would be in the same boat in 2017/2018, I would be fine with giving him more run right now.

As it is, Josh Shaw and Chris Lewis-Harris have seen run over him.
Reply/Quote
Most of the time, a lot of the time, the opposing QB has all day back there to throw. This is going to create problems in the secondary.

The entire D is out of whack. Not just 1 person.

Reply/Quote
Meh, he hain't awful but I really thought we would have drafted a guy good enough to kick him out of his roster spot by now.
Reply/Quote