Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Hoping A Team Picks Up The Moose
I would think if a team picks up Moose, they would have to pay him something, and that would decrease what Reds have to pay him. Any money saved would be a plus. It's February 11th. Spring Training is coming up fast. Hopefully some team ends up in dire need of a third baseman. I hate to say it, I hope some big city team with deep pockets from Yankees on down has major injury issues at 3rd base and has to bring in The Moose. Or a team in dire need of 1st Base or DH.

I would like to see Reds get off the hook for some of this money that have to pay him in 2023, especially with him a free agent now after being cut by the Reds. As of now the Reds have to honor all of his contract, but if some other team adds him, you would think they would have to pick up some of his contract. Any saving to Reds in money on this helps to win ball games in the future.

Then next offseason Reds will be out from under both Moose and Votto contract, and that is a ton of Millions of Dollars that Reds can use in the rebuild, just as Bengals were able to rebuild after dumping big contracts on their losing, lousy team Zac inherited from Marvin. Once you free up a ton of money, rebuilds are possible. Bengals did it, so Reds could do it. Actually, when Reds unloaded contracts of Griffey, Dunn, EE, and others, they rebuilt with good pitching and hitting and went from being losers into play-offs back around 2010. Reds had been a last place team with Griffey, Dunn, EE, and once they could free up their money and get other players, the Red got real good, real fast. We saw this with Bengals and Reds, if you have too much money invested in the wrong people, you are doomed until you can dump their contracts. Reds next off season will be in a great position to rebuild with so much extra cash on hand.

Again, hopefully some teams needs the Moose and pays him something, and Reds get some cash back right there.

It's not that I hated Moose and Votto, but I want the Reds to win again. It wasn't that I hated Griffey Jr, Dunn and EE, but for all their money, Reds were in last. Griffey was over the hill, and Dunn and EE were awful on defense. Once Reds got out of their contracts, the team went from last to play-offs. So it's not a hate thing, I want the Reds to Win, and sometimes when Red or Bengals are stuck in last place, dumping huge contracts of players who have seen better days or never panned out, frees up a ton of cash to rebuild as Bengals did.

Reds took a beating on 2020 Covid USA Shutdown year. Reds had spent money on a good team, and then not one fan in the stands all 2020, and little TV revenue. Reds are not The Yankees, and Reds could not afford the ton of money they lost in 2020. But Reds are close to coming back strong, the USA is bouncing back, and so will The Reds.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Doubt any team wants Moose after his horrible season. He is too injury prone. Reds just have to eat his contract.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote