Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a fan
Despite the fact that the Reds have pretty much stank up the league for awhile now I'm still a fan of the Cincinnati Reds and always will be. 
However, since I live in the Columbia SC area I've been considering attempting to start following the Columbia Fire Flies team which is (or at least was) a Mets affiliate A ball club.
I've never been a Mets fan so it'll have to be  a tough sell ,but it's still baseball and it would be nice to be able to afford to go to a game here and there .. They have a new stadium at least . 
I thought of traveling to go watch the Greenville Reds in Tennessee, but that's over a 3 hour drive. Fireflies are just across town and not in the same league plus Greenville is a rookie league ,not that A ball is a huge step up . 

• Damned . Single game ticket price for 2 people behind home plate for A ball is $12+ some oddball $3 fee. It's not as if I can't come up with $15, but somehow that seems kind of steep for A ball tickets.. Maybe I'll drag my 90 year old dad down to a game this spring before its too late ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Minor league teams are always putting on some sort of promotions with cheap tickets or "special events". If you are not tied to a specific date just keep your eyes open and you can get cheap tickets. Sometimes you can get free (or greatly reduced) tickets just by bringing cans of food.

If you know any local businesses or members of the Chamber of Commerce they get hooked up with free tickets all the time.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2018, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Minor league teams are always putting on some sort of promotions with cheap tickets or "special events".  If you are not tied to a specific date just keep your eyes open and you can get cheap tickets.  Sometimes you can get free (or greatly reduced) tickets just by bringing cans of food.

If you know any local businesses or members of the Chamber of Commerce they get hooked up with free tickets all the time.
Knowing my dad he'd find a reason to want to leave the game two minutes before the greatest play of all time or even the worst play..an inside the park home run that never leaves the infield.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lucky to have the Reds affiliate "Louisville Bats" here in town playing out of one of the best stadiums to be a spectator at, the Louisville Slugger Field.

Spoiled

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I went to a Dayton Dragons game once. Concession prices rivaled GABP and PBS. Kind of surprised, but they do sell out most games I think so I guess they can get it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote