Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still dogs!
Opening line favors Chefs by 1.5

Since homefield is worth 3 points, that spread shows a lot more respect than the -6 closing line against the Bills
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure smarter minds than mine are at work here, but we are a week away from the odds makers throwing their hands and declaring that there is no such thing as home field advantage against this Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
Sam said it best... they enjoy going on the road more than being at Home.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Good

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:18 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Opening line favors Chefs by 1.5

Since homefield is worth 3 points, that spread shows a lot more respect than the -6 closing line against the Bills

Chiefs have 6 All pros, including 4 first team all pros. Bengals have zero. Looks like the Bengals need to beat the Chiefs one more time in Arrowhead for the public to begin to recognize how good they are and start giving them the respect they deserve. 
Reply/Quote
I think that's a pretty cautious line based on the uncertainty around Mahome's ankle. I think people in Vegas will be watching Chiefs practice closely and the money will move line accordingly.
Reply/Quote
Before the season started, the betting public had the Bengals 11th in terms of odds to win the Super Bowl. Their odds were below that of Cleveland and Baltimore in their own division. Despite being in the Super Bowl last year, they earned little respect all year long.

Being 1 1/2 points down seems like the public is starting to wise up.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: Chiefs have 6 All pros, including 4 first team all pros. Bengals have zero. Looks like the Bengals need to beat the Chiefs one more time in Arrowhead for the public to begin to recognize how good they are and start giving them the respect they deserve. 
I would say even if Bengals win the SB, they get saddled with the "Eagles/9ers/Chiefs had injuries, coaching interviews, etc. that made their team not 100%." Let's face it, until more national talking heads become fans, our team is an outlier. That is a good thing about Kay Adams. That and she's easy on the eyes  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:59 AM)Jojo the Circus Boy Wrote: I would say even if Bengals win the SB, they get saddled with the "Eagles/9ers/Chiefs had injuries, coaching interviews, etc. that made their team not 100%." Let's face it, until more national talking heads become fans, our team is an outlier. That is a good thing about Kay Adams. That and she's easy on the eyes  Wink

Yeah, I see a report today that the line would be much stronger for the Chiefs save for the Mahomes injury. So, maybe still no respect for the Bengals.

"Kevin Lawler, head of trading for PointsBet, said he believed the line would be around Chiefs -5.5, if Mahomes were at full strength. "
Reply/Quote
They joke about the refunds and coin flips. But I think there’s a serious chip on the shoulder, and it’s the lack of All Pro representation. The lack of recognition by their peers, who ought to know better.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sam said it best... they enjoy going on the road more than being at Home.

This team plays with a chip on their shoulder like no other.  They love that challenge of going into hostile territory and ruining someone's day.  It's almost impressive they're able to keep that momentum going, but they've got lots of reasons this year.  Next week, winning again in KC will be huge. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:30 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: This team plays with a chip on their shoulder like no other.  They love that challenge of going into hostile territory and ruining someone's day.  It's almost impressive they're able to keep that momentum going, but they've got lots of reasons this year.  Next week, winning again in KC will be huge. 

Reader exemplifies this chip on their shoulder with this quote:

"We came into their home field, they put up 10 freaking points and we got 27 and we're on to KC and that's all that matters," said nose tackle DJ Reader. "You can count us out, you can count around. Bengals ain't this, Bengals ain't that. We just keep showing up and keep playing on Sunday."
Reply/Quote