Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Still no Respect-2024 Super Bowl Odds
I get being behind the Chiefs and even possibly the Eagles...but to be behind the Bills is just bad.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well, the ESPN Power Ratings for 2023 have them 4th, ahead of the Bills.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617453/early-nfl-power-rankings-2023-poll-chiefs-eagles-offseason-32-teams

They also analyze the Bills as having salary cap issues, with big free-agent decisions, which may be why they place them just below the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I don't necessarily see this as disrespect.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:52 PM)samhain Wrote: I don't necessarily see this as disrespect.

Yeah me neither. 4th best odds seems like they are thinking the Bengals are legit.
Reply/Quote
Not sure why this would be a lack of respect. The Bills have a longer history of sustained success then the Bengals do. The fact that they are taking the Bengals serious and picking them as the 3rd team in the AFC actually seems like a good amount of respect.

No more of the team being viewed as a fluke and the steelers and Ravens still picked to win the division.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who
Cares
?

Reply/Quote
9-1 is basically is one of the favorites to win the SB.

Love betting futures and love the Bengals, but 9-1 on a SB future is not a great bet imho.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dear lord, this is perfect...we're one of the best teams in the league yet we still get to be self-righteously angry and declare that NO ON BELIEVES IN US!!!!

This is perfect.  Why get upset?  We've got it made.

You could count the number of NFL teams that will admit that people "believe in them" on Captain Hook's hook hand.  I'm pretty sure Travis Kelce stank up the mic after winning the SB by gloating that no one believed the Chiefs could win the SB.  Ye gods...must we act like him?
Reply/Quote
You know the Bengals have come a long way when fans are complaining about having “only” the 5th best odds to win the SB
Reply/Quote
Also look at the numbers. The “difference” in odds from teams 1-5 is 4 dollars (I guess is how you would say it.)
The difference from teams 5-6 is 7.
Vegas really thinks 5 teams are strong favorites to win it and everyone after that is somewhat of a long shot.
Reply/Quote
How is this disrespect?

We are right about where id rank us. Only difference is id switch our spot with Bills.

Also i dont see how you could put 49ers so high with their QB situation. People will adjust to Purdy, it isnt gonna work again this year.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are my favorite to win the SB next year. That's all that matters.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I really do not understand the Bills love
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 11:06 PM)Housh Wrote: How is this disrespect?

We are right about where id rank us. Only difference is id switch our spot with Bills.

Also i dont see how you could put 49ers so high with their QB situation. People will adjust to Purdy, it isnt gonna work again this year.

Purdy just has to not turn the ball over. They have an elite defense, CMC, Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk. That is literally a don't screw up buy tossing picks (or having torn ligaments and not being able to throw a forward pass) and you should win situation. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Dear lord, this is perfect...we're one of the best teams in the league yet we still get to be self-righteously angry and declare that NO ON BELIEVES IN US!!!!

This is perfect.  Why get upset?  We've got it made.

You could count the number of NFL teams that will admit that people "believe in them" on Captain Hook's hook hand.  I'm pretty sure Travis Kelce stank up the mic after winning the SB by gloating that no one believed the Chiefs could win the SB.  Ye gods...must we act like him?
Should I apologize for making this, today ?

[Image: 9ec92feb4f25418b520698d802ddec51.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I think 'still no respect' is a bit strong. I'd have us behind the Chiefs/Eagles as of right now. I personally thought SF had the edge on us if we'd have met in the SB, so I'm ok with them being ahead of us too. The Bills is the only one I might change, and even then, we're two similarly talented teams and they have them a whole $ shorter than us.

The next team on those odds are at almost double our price. This shows to me that they've very much put us right in with the elite of the league. Seems like respect to me.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 09:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure why this would be a lack of respect. The Bills have a longer history of sustained success then the Bengals do.

Maybe longer by a couple years before we had our franchise quarterback, but Who has finished ahead in the last 2 playoffs when our QB was healthier?

I agree it’s not disrespect, but to say the Bills sustained success puts them over when we have finished ahead of them each of the last 2 years is really a stretch.
Reply/Quote
Last season was disrespect, when the Bengals were placed 11th and behind Cleveland and Baltimore in their own division.
Reply/Quote
The jaguars being at 25/1 after winning a playoff game and losing by 1 score in KC seems like a much bigger slight than we are getting.

Should we worry they're going to get more "screw you" power out if this list than us?
Reply/Quote
I’m too lazy to look it up. This is Vegas. Didn’t we do excellent ATS? Seems like we did. The same the year before? Didn’t they predict 10 wins? Kinda surprising but sad to say but our awful OL haunts us in break rooms, coffee shops, urinals, checkout lines, talk shows, and golf courses. Fix it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote