Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Still no new injuries
This is a sign that this is our year.

Some people act like injuries don't make that much difference. How often do you hear the line "Every team has injuries."? But lots of studies show that staying healthy is usually key to winning a championship.

I can't believe how healthy we are. I think it is probably just the odds evening out after the last couple of years. But whatever the reason the fact that we are avoiding injuries is keeping chances real.
Reply/Quote
Delete this thread immediately
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I would expect this from a rookie but man.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I would expect this from a rookie but man.

Listen, Fred is inebriated. Secondly housh is a veteran and made the same mistake.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:55 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Listen, Fred is inebriated. Secondly housh is a veteran and made the same mistake.

I thought maybe everyone learned from that. Bengals should probably not practice this week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What about Hendrickson? Didn’t he go off late?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:09 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What about Hendrickson? Didn’t he go off late?

Came right back in.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a sign that this is our year.

Some people act like injuries don't make that much difference.  How often do you hear the line "Every team has injuries."?  But lots of studies show that staying healthy is usually key to winning a championship.

I can't believe how healthy we are.  I think it is probably just the odds evening out after the last couple of years.  But whatever the reason the fact that we are avoiding injuries is keeping chances real.

The Bengals are going to have a lot of "years"; they just need to fix some glaring holes in the OL. If they can, the '21 team could be the "weakest" one they have for awhile.
Reply/Quote
Tupou tried to play but couldn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:44 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Tupou tried to play but couldn't.

I was wondering why Shelvin was out there so much. He’s terrible.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:09 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: What about Hendrickson? Didn’t he go off late?

(01-23-2022, 01:16 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Came right back in.

Good to know, but, to be honest, he looked a little slow today.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:09 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Good to know, but, to be honest, he looked a little slow today.

Yep. That was the most ineffective he’s been all season. I wouldn’t think anything lingering from the concussion would slow him down that much, but who knows. Maybe you just have to tip your hat to the Titans OT’s.

Reply/Quote
Hendrickson played but I think it was obvious he is not 100%
Reply/Quote
There any word on Reiff? I know that Taylor said he was in all likelihood out for the rest of the season but I don't know if an extra 3 weeks was taken into consideration.

I get it's very unlikely, but this last game really exposed the Bengals biggest flaw.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was wondering why Shelvin was out there so much. He’s terrible.

I had people over so I didn't get to focus as much as normal. I'll rewatch the game later. But he couldn't have been as bad as he was in Cleveland could he? I mean, I thought they did a pretty good job stopping one of the best running teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was wondering why Shelvin was out there so much. He’s terrible.

Stupid take. Do you even know what the guys job is? He's a project and 2 years since he's really played football. They just held the best RB in football the past 5 years to 3 ypc and you slam on a guy that was forced to play in the most critical game in years.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 10:53 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Stupid take. Do you even know what the guys job is? He's a project and 2 years since he's really played football. They just held the best RB in football the past 5 years to 3 ypc and you slam on a guy that was forced to play in the most critical game in years.

Stupid take? Just calling it how I see it. He gets absolutely no push, and is easily moved around for his size. He also had 0 total tackles yesterday even though he played 36% of the defensive snaps.

Anyway, I’m not “slamming him.” I just know Josh Tupou is much better, and hope he’s able to go next week.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 01:22 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: The Bengals are going to have a lot of "years"; they just need to fix some glaring holes in the OL. If they can, the '21 team could be the "weakest" one they have for awhile.

The '05 team actually had more young talent than this '21 team.  You never know what is going to happen.  Dan Marino set NFL records and went to the Super Bowl his rookie season.  That ended up being the best season of his career and his only Super Bowl appearance.

We may never be healthy enough to get this shot again.
Reply/Quote
turns out you were wrong...Cam Sample went out with a groin injury. Status is still unknown for this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Shelvin has been on the PS nearly all season long and it's his rookie season . To expect probowl play against the Titan running game is absurd. He held his own considering everything.  He's been behind Reader, Ogunjobi, Tup and someone else I don't remember.  
Jeeez.. What do you want from him?  HOF consideration from jump?  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote