Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Market
Has been having a disastrous month. Any one else worried? I think we are in for a rough year.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Something major might happen 6 months from now.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I have been expecting a drop for quite a while, but I have no idea how big it could be.
Reply/Quote
Unless youre really close to retirement and needing your money, there's nothing to worry about. It will go back up. Always does.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: Unless youre really close to retirement and needing your money, there's nothing to worry about. It will go back up. Always does.

Pretty much this, if your in companies that aren't going anywhere then you are better off riding the roller coaster. Panic selling is bad, you don't actually lose any money until you sell.
Reply/Quote
Kind of an odd day yesterday, where the market dropped 250 points and the Nasdaq only 5. I don't really follow it, but it seems China started all this, and now it is about oil.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 10:32 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Kind of an odd day yesterday, where the market dropped 250 points and the Nasdaq only 5.  I don't really follow it, but it seems China started all this, and now it is about oil.

I think its more of people being scared than anything. The media can blame China and oil all they want, but I honestly dont feel like thats even effecting much. 
Reply/Quote
The market was overvalued and it is a bit of a reset. As I said before, as long as the company doesn't seem to be going belly up just ride the roller coaster.
Reply/Quote
No one knows why the stock market really drops. Whenever it happens I see a bunch of "experts" giving a bunch of different reasons, but there is no consistency. They will blame something that happened months ago or fear of something that is oin the future. There may be some validity to some of it, bnut no one can explain why it happens at a specific time.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one knows why the stock market really drops.  Whenever it happens I see a bunch of "experts" giving a bunch of different reasons, but there is no consistency.  They will blame something that happened months ago or fear of something that is oin the future.  There may be some validity to some of it, bnut no one can explain why it happens at a specific time.

The fund managers are the ones who really move the market, and they know why it drops. The fund managers are often times friends with those experts. They can't trade on that information from their fund manager buddies but they can use it for analysis. The individual traders really have very little impact on moving the market one way or the other it's all about the institutional trading.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:30 AM)Au165 Wrote: The fund managers are the ones who really move the market, and they know why it drops. The fund managers are often times friends with those experts. They can't trade on that information from their fund manager buddies but they can use it for analysis. The individual traders really have very little impact on moving the market one way or the other it's all about the institutional trading.

A lot of fund managers have gone down in the past market crashes.  They may have some inside info, but often they are not able to save themselves from huge losses. 
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2016, 12:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Has been having a disastrous month. Any one else worried? I think we are in for a rough year.

My biggest concern was the drop in oil prices because the last time the prices dropped this much was right before the recession in 2008.

Then again, it could just be because there's an election on the way and gas prices always seem to drop around elections.

Yeah, though, I'm definitely losing money because the market's shitty  Cry
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My biggest concern was the drop in oil prices because the last time the prices dropped this much was right before the recession in 2008.

Then again, it could just be because there's an election on the way and gas prices always seem to drop around elections.

The price of oil has dropped because of the increase in supply of it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: My biggest concern was the drop in oil prices because the last time the prices dropped this much was right before the recession in 2008.

The banks were far more exposed to the housing market than they are to the oil market. You won't see the major meltdown like last time, but it could still be rocky.
Reply/Quote