Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock just dropped like a rock, Connor Cook
Man, that guy just can't seem to take his eyes off of his primary target, and seems to only be effective to one side of the field..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yep

Mich. St. this season was a mirror image of Notre Dame of 4 or 5 years ago. Both lucked their way into the big dance and really just weren't that good.
Reply/Quote
I don't know about that it's not like he his the first player to have a bad game against Alabama.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 02:07 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't know about that it's not like he his the first player to have a bad game against Alabama.

It just highlighted all of his problems, which are many
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 02:07 AM)J24 Wrote: I don't know about that it's not like he his the first player to have a bad game against Alabama.

I knew MSU was going to get killed tonight. bengalfan74 is right in saying they lucked their way in. From the fluke win at Michigan to the fluke win at Ohio State, their season was based on quite a bit of luck. They proved that tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:30 AM)cinci4life Wrote: I knew MSU was going to get killed tonight. bengalfan74 is right in saying they lucked their way in. From the fluke win at Michigan to the fluke win at Ohio State, their season was based on quite a bit of luck. They proved that tonight.

How was the win at OSU a fluke?
They beat OSU with a backup QB....that's not flukey 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:32 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How was the win at OSU a fluke?

In part because of the bad weather conditions but more because of bad play calling on OSU's part. You got one of the best RB's in college in Elliot and he only touches the ball 12 times. Going to have a hard time winning giving your best player that few touches.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 04:10 AM)cinci4life Wrote: In part because of the bad weather conditions but more because of bad play calling on OSU's part. You got one of the best RB's in college in Elliot and he only touches the ball 12 times. Going to have a hard time winning giving your best player that few touches.

That's not flukey.
That's just being better.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 11:54 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That's not flukey.
That's just being better.

Not a chance. Ohio State beat themselves that game and the turnaround that ensued in the Michigan game proves that.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Not a chance. Ohio State beat themselves that game and the turnaround that ensued in the Michigan game proves that.

The Buckeyes weren't gonna beat Bama either.  They might have scored but they wouldn't have won.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:02 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Not a chance. Ohio State beat themselves that game and the turnaround that ensued in the Michigan game proves that.

And what about barely being able to beat IU? Hawaii? 
Dude, OSU wasn't that good this year. It's okay. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:04 PM)McC Wrote: The Buckeyes weren't gonna beat Bama either.  They might have scored but they wouldn't have won.  

Just like they weren't going to beat Bama or Oregon last year? Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 05:15 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Just like they weren't going to beat Bama or Oregon last year? Rolleyes

They were a way different team last year.  If you're a Buckeye fan, surely you know that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 06:23 PM)McC Wrote: They were a way different team last year.  If you're a Buckeye fan, surely you know that.

About the only difference is Miller and Barrett were back this year. Otherwise its basically the same team.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 06:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: About the only difference is Miller and Barrett were back this year. Otherwise its basically the same team.

They sure didn't play like last year's team.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 06:41 PM)cinci4life Wrote: About the only difference is Miller and Barrett were back this year. Otherwise its basically the same team.

The real difference was the absence of Tom Herrman, who went on to coach a fantastic season at Univ. of Houston.  Made UH relevant for the 1st time in a long time.  Ed Warriner trying to step into the OC role was an absolute train wreck, worst utilization of offensive talent ever.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

They never replaced Devin Smith going over the top.  What was the stat of X wins to zero losses in games he caught a TD?  It was something unbelievable like 20-0, I think.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 06:51 PM)McC Wrote: They sure didn't play like last year's team.

Losing Herman (whom I think will be a Star) and replacing him with Tim freaking Beck, and also pulling Warriner away from FT OL duties will most likely do that.

The OC's are no where near experienced enough for this team.  That much was a given with the 20+ consecutive QB draws during the MSU game. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2016, 03:32 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: How was the win at OSU a fluke?

Cook NOT playing in that game changed the entire way the game was played. It wasn't announced until game time that Cook wouldn't play. I believe it made the D think they had it in the bag. Throw in the observations that Beck came out with what was without a doubt the worst offensive game plan that I have ever witnessed. MSU used a clock grinding offensive game plan with success and the weather was atrocious. Even the winning FG knuckle balled through the uprights. It was a little fluky!
I think Cook would have committed a turn over or two if he would have played.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2016, 03:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Cook NOT playing in that game changed the entire way the game was played. It wasn't announced until game time that Cook wouldn't play. I believe it made the D think they had it in the bag. Throw in the observations that Beck came out with what was without a doubt the worst offensive game plan that I have ever witnessed. MSU used a clock grinding offensive game plan with success and the weather was atrocious. Even the winning FG knuckle balled through the uprights. It was a little fluky!
I think Cook would have committed a turn over or two if he would have played.

OSU fans never cease to amaze with the excuses. 
Reply/Quote