Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop Crying about the refs!!
They called an even game both ways you guys sound sad and pathetic. We’ve lost 7 straight Pittsburgh is just better than us I’m sorry i don’t like admitting it but as of now they still are better despite the record. We lost that game fairly
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Overall it was a decently officiated game. My qualm is that if you're going to swallow your whistle on the obvious offensive pass interference, they you should have swallowed it on the ticky-tack defensive holding call on Kirkpatrick. Consistency would be nice.
Reply/Quote
Too many injuries to the secondary, piss poor clock management at the end of the game, and Teryl Austin sucks.

Dalton did what he needed to to put us in a position to win. Coaching ****** us.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:50 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: Overall it was a decently officiated game.  My qualm is that if you're going to swallow your whistle on the obvious offensive pass interference, they you should have swallowed it on the ticky-tack defensive holding call on Kirkpatrick.  Consistency would be nice.

Exactly

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just once, I would have liked to have seen the blatant holding called on the Steelers O-Line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
OL is what stinks, Dalton and Mixon are doing great things in spite of OL's inadequacies.

Dropped balls hurt badly today as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Did the Steelers O-line get called for holding ONCE?
Reply/Quote
Dalton was on today. Critical dropped 3rd down passes were not his fault. Mixon could only get what the line gave him. You could see he just needed a crease but they couldn't give him that.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Did the Steelers O-line get called for holding ONCE?

Yes, once that I remember.... I didn't have much of a problem with officiating today. Offense scored to quickly at the end and left too much time on the clock for a 1 point win.....
Reply/Quote
I don't blame the officiating. That's a weak cop out. The OLine, dropped passes, lack of pressure, lack of turnovers, and overall D play is what cost us this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, once that I remember.... I didn't have much of a problem with officiating today. Offense scored to quickly at the end and left too much time on the clock for a 1 point win.....

Stupid comment.  We were down 6 points, you don't milk the clock when you're down, you score which Dalton and co. did.  In your world we milk the clock by running the ball and don't score.  Then you'd be pissed at the offense.  Good grief.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:01 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I don't blame the officiating. That's a weak cop out. The OLine, dropped passes, lack of pressure, lack of turnovers, and overall D play is what cost us this game.

That, and Cody Core can't catch the flu....
Reply/Quote
Nothing surprising at all about this game.  It's practically a guaranteed loss every time.  

We have been the Steelers bitches for so long it doesn't even bother me anymore (been watching since the 80's).  I just figure every Steelers game is an L and in the extremely rare instance we get a W then great.  When we start beating the Steelers is when I start believing we have a chance at a playoff win.  That may seem like a crappy attitude, but facts don't care about feelings.

And I agree, stop bitching about the refs; our D sucked as well as clock management.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That, and Cody Core can't catch the flu....

Yes, that certainly didn't help either.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Stupid comment.  We were down 6 points, you don't milk the clock when you're down, you score which Dalton and co. did.  In your world we milk the clock by running the ball and don't score.  Then you'd be pissed at the offense.  Good grief.

We still had time outs and Mixon was averaging something like 6 YPC. A couple of runs wouldn't have hurt. We could still run the out routes and use time outs. Running another 30 seconds or so off of the clock would have been fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 06:02 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Stupid comment.  We were down 6 points, you don't milk the clock when you're down, you score which Dalton and co. did.  In your world we milk the clock by running the ball and don't score.  Then you'd be pissed at the offense.  Good grief.

Nothing stupid about it, other than your response. I didn't say we "shouldn't" have scored as quickly as we did, I said we scored to fast and left to much time on the clock. Big difference. 
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:58 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, once that I remember.... I didn't have much of a problem with officiating today. Offense scored to quickly at the end and left too much time on the clock for a 1 point win.....

Nah, their long snapper got called, and a TE got called. I'm 99.9% certain no OL did.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 05:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Did the Steelers O-line get called for holding ONCE?

Yep forced them to a 2nd and 21. Which they gained 23 on the very next play. :)
Reply/Quote
Ball didn't bounce our way either. Ben caught his own pass. JuJu recovered a fumble, etc.
Reply/Quote
I still don't understand the Dennard play.

Shouldn't he be the one down at the one?

Other than that our defensive ends (mostly Dunlap) were getting held as usual... no surprise there.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote