Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stop Worrying
"If you have the bell cow quarterback, it works. You have to have the key guy. If you don't have the key guy, it doesn't matter."

"If you don't have a productive quarterback, you won't go anywhere. That's the way it works in this league. I know it doesn't seem that simple, but it is."

These are just two quotes I took from Shake n Bakes thread a year ago. For all the hate I have for Mike Brown (some of you have pointed it out) one thing I think we don't need to worry about is whether we are going to trade back, or if we will not take him at all.

Our coaches in todays Bengals.com article know they are getting him, they just cannot speak about it yet. Senior bowl is coming up, I hope Joe decides to play.

No need to start a mega thread of arguing about what we want, or what we think will happen. Mike is the definition of a patient owner, I would actually find it quite ironic with all the hate I give him, and what others give him, his patients allowed for us to get a great QB as well as setting us up in a position to make a run at our first Superbowl win. Definition of the Rabbit and the Turtle.

It's a NewDey, time to break our yesterdey habits. Go Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I think the fear is that the only thing that will change is drafting a great QB.

But that just won't be enough with this "unique" FO philosophy if everything else stays the same (which it is looking like it will).

Other teams it wouldn't be an issue because they'd build the team around the new QB, there wouldn't be no question.

We are going to force a square peg in a round hole and that as it typically does around here, won't change a thing as it relates to making a "run" for our first Superbowl.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think the fear is that the only thing that will change is drafting a great QB.

But that just won't be enough with this "unique" FO philosophy if everything else stays the same (which it is looking like it will).

Yeah for sure, but I think this is the "bell cow" Mike has been having wet dreams about for 84 years. Perhaps the best college QB of all time? This would be the off-season for him to make his moves. 
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I'm worried that there rushing the process for this( and yes I think Burrow is ultimately going to be the first pick) with the Enquire basically saying there all in on Burrow. Still there is no need to rush the process.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mike has been looking for his Otto Graham since forever. So everything says he wouldn't trade the world and the moon for Burrow. But...... just when you think MB can't **** it up anymore, he does just that. That's where the worry comes in.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Yeah for sure, but I think this is the "bell cow" Mike has been having wet dreams about for 84 years. Perhaps the best college QB of all time? This would be the off-season for him to make his moves. 

If we have the best QB prospect of all time coming here and we aren't kicking ZT and his under-qualified buddies out the door and hiring a top-tier coaching staff there is plenty of reason to worry. I hope Burrow is the best QB ever, but if he is MB should be taking this gift from the heavens and doing a 180 with his own modus operandi and making the most of it.

Sadly, I feel he may be looking a gift horse in the mouth by taking the best QB ever and putting him with a sub-par coaching staff and sub-par ownership/FO mentality. That's the issue of worry IF IF IF Burrow is the best ever.
Reply/Quote
Could end up being a Dan Marino-type here.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Not sure if Burrow is the best qb ever, yet he looks like the real deal and accomplished all this against top tier talent.

Excited to see him coming to Cincinnati.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZ
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:18 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Mike is the definition of a patient owner, I would actually find it quite ironic with all the hate I give him, and what others give him, his patients allowed for us to get a great QB as well as setting us up in a position to make a run at our first Superbowl win. 

Is it "patients"? Or is it just Mike being asleep at the wheel?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it "patients"? Or is it just Mike being asleep at the wheel?

Rabbit and the Turtle. Jerry the rabbit, Mike the Turtle. Lets see who wins the next superbowl first.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:03 PM)sandwedge Wrote: ZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZ

Sleep on your driver, your named sand-wedge for a reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 01:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure if Burrow is the best qb ever, yet he looks like the real deal and accomplished all this against top tier talent.

Excited to see him coming to Cincinnati.

Hard to deny he is the best college QB ever. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it "patients"? Or is it just Mike being asleep at the wheel?

My mom told me a very long time ago, If I can't control it, don't worry about it.  I don't worry about the Bengals drafts.  Which have been mediocre at best since Zimmer and Gruden left.  The Bengals have a gimme here, all they got to do after drafting Burrows is draft/sign the best olinemen for every position.  Give Burrows a fighting chance and not be a crash dummy like Red was last couple seasons.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:14 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Rabbit and the Turtle. Jerry the rabbit, Mike the Turtle. Lets see who wins the next superbowl first.

Jerry (Jones, I assume) the rabbit already has 3 SB rings while Mike the turtle hasn't even won a playoff game in his 29 years.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jerry (Jones, I assume) the rabbit already has 3 SB rings while Mike the turtle hasn't even won a playoff game in his 29 years.

Stop destroying my optimism.
Reply/Quote
Many people have claimed Mike Brown built the best roster in the league just to have Marvin and/or Andy ruin everything. So they don't have any reason to wprry.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:38 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Stop destroying my optimism.

I'm not sure it is optimism to say a guy with 0 playoff wins as an owner/gm is better than a guy with 3 SB rings.  That's not optimism that's just wrong.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2020, 02:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure it is optimism to say a guy with 0 playoff wins as an owner/gm is better than a guy with 3 SB rings.  That's not optimism that's just wrong.

The context I referred to Jerry and Mike with the rabbit and the turtle is not career wide. Jerry wants another ring before he dies, I don't know what Mike wants. I'm optimistic that because of Joe, Mike will build the team around him before Jerry empties the bank account. 
Reply/Quote