Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stop filling needs with the draft...
Other than the #1 pick this year, which we all assume will be Joe Burrow, this front office needs to stop trying to fill needs in the draft. I don't know why it is so complicated.

They always limit themselves by being cheap. Yes if your #1 need meets your best guy on the board take him. However, we are always hamstrung because they will never spend money on a position of need to FREE UP THE DRAFT PICK for someone better at another position.

They can trade Dalton, save 17 million, extend AJ Green with that money, or tag AJ, and trade em, save even more. Spend money on positions they need now. Linebacker, Offensive Line. Draft Joe Burrow. Use the second rounder from Andy Dalton and the top of the 2nd round picks on the best guys on your board.

This team could swing really fast if our front office hires a 13 year old Madden expert to help
Reply/Quote
Madden and Fantasy Football are the worst things to happen to Bengals message boards. It makes people think that the Bengals will do what they do to succeed in their leagues and get pissed and frustrated when they don't.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
The Earth is definitely flat and if man were meant to fly he's have been born with wings. The end.. Ninja

The draft exists and it's the preeminent way every team finds new talent from colleges. It's not the only way, but it's the most popular for most teams.

I'm always astonished some of you believe the bengals never use free agency. Admittedly they're not very good at it, but they do sign free agents for positions of need. To say otherwise is just lying.
But let's just suppose the bengals just quit using the draft and only go to free agency as apparently some of you wish they would do. That alone bumps up salaries immediately and denies the opportunities to get young, college players at lower salaries.. Without the draft there would be no Joe Mixon on the team, no AJ Green, no Geno Adkins, no Tyler Boyd, no Carlos Dunlap, no Sam Hubbard, etc., and a lot of Bobby Hart's, John Jerry's and BW Webbs..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 06:41 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Madden and Fantasy Football are the worst things to happen to Bengals message boards. It makes people think that the Bengals will do what they do to succeed in their leagues and get pissed and frustrated when they don't.

I dunno man... All I'm saying is we'd be pretty good if we had Aaron Jones, Lamar Jackson, DeAndre Hopkins, Buffalo's defense, and use Melvin Gordon in the flex... I mean backfield. That team was damn near unbeatable, and like my Bengals we waited for AJ Green to get healthy all year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2020, 04:58 AM)Kingslayer Wrote: Other than the #1 pick this year, which we all assume will be Joe Burrow, this front office needs to stop trying to fill needs in the draft.  I don't know why it is so complicated.  

They always limit themselves by being cheap.  Yes if your #1 need meets your best guy on the board take him.  However, we are always hamstrung because they will never spend money on a position of need to FREE UP THE DRAFT PICK for someone better at another position.

They can trade Dalton, save 17 million, extend AJ Green with that money, or tag AJ, and trade em, save even more.  Spend money on positions they need now.  Linebacker, Offensive Line.  Draft Joe Burrow.  Use the second rounder from Andy Dalton and the top of the 2nd round picks on the best guys on your board.

This team could swing really fast if our front office hires a 13 year old Madden expert to help

It should have said "Stop filing needs ONLY with the draft".  When you whiff on Ogbuehi, Fisher, Price, etc...you need some quality FA to fill the gaps.  

A VERY small part of me wants to get season tickets again after a two year hiatus, as I know now I will be fine post-divorce.  Had to circle the wagons financially-speaking for a couple years.  I would love to see Burrow.  But if the Bengals truly want to entice me, they need to sign 3-4 quality FA.  Starting at LB and possibly safety.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote