Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stopping the run...
(03-19-2018, 01:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't be a leading tackler by just chasing people down from behind unless you are the human flash.

Good players can shed blocks and get to ball carriers.

Bad players can not shed blocks so they don't get to the ball carrier.

I can not remember a season when the leading tackler was a bum who just ran people down from behind.

hey Fred, Justin Smith comes to mind. J/K Fred J/K

Reply/Quote
If we are going to get serious about winning in the playoffs, stopping the run is a must. I hope Billings works out, and we've had good luck with DL coming from other teams and revive their career here a bit, so maybe Baker will do well. We'll see what happens. We definitely need some help at LB forreal. I'm a huge Burfict fan, but I agree he misses a lot of playing time for various reasons. We need to start considering he wont be able to play much longer. I hope I'm wrong, but as other have said, the injuries and suspensions, its just unpredictable.

Run and stop the run. We can ride that train to some playoff wins and it looks like we are doing something about both. Good offseason and rebound from keeping Marvin so far.
Reply/Quote
Getting Vea or Smith/Edmunds in the first would help tremendously in stopping the run. Smith will likely be gone though. I think the secondary can hold it's own (although they should grab a CB within the first 4 rounds) so priority should be on getting run stuffers. Maurice Hurst is compared to Geno Atkins, but one guy that intrigues me as a late rounder is the kid from Kentucky Matt Elam. 6'6" 360 pounds. That's a freaking whale at NT.

Bottom line is, I think they can grab either Price or Ragnow in the second and get a nice DT/OLB with their first pick. Of course, they'll probably go WR or something.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 11:40 PM)bengaloo Wrote: If we are going to get serious about winning in the playoffs, stopping the run is a must. I hope Billings works out, and we've had good luck with DL coming from other teams and revive their career here a bit, so maybe Baker will do well. We'll see what happens. We definitely need some help at LB forreal. I'm a huge Burfict fan, but I agree he misses a lot of playing time for various reasons. We need to start considering he wont be able to play much longer. I hope I'm wrong, but as other have said, the injuries and suspensions, its just unpredictable.

Run and stop the run. We can ride that train to some playoff wins and it looks like we are doing something about both. Good offseason and rebound from keeping Marvin so far.

Nice post, i agree with everything you said Bengaloo. Rock On

(03-20-2018, 08:55 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Getting Vea or Smith/Edmunds in the first would help tremendously in stopping the run. Smith will likely be gone though. I think the secondary can hold it's own (although they should grab a CB within the first 4 rounds) so priority should be on getting run stuffers. Maurice Hurst is compared to Geno Atkins, but one guy that intrigues me as a late rounder is the kid from Kentucky Matt Elam. 6'6" 360 pounds. That's a freaking whale at NT.

Bottom line is, I think they can grab either Price or Ragnow in the second and get a nice DT/OLB with their first pick. Of course, they'll probably go WR or something.

Elam is intriguing, good one.
Reply/Quote