Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
(01-12-2021, 01:50 PM)Mer Wrote: I'm not going to waste my time reading all the MSM stupidity that is most likely being spread in all the previous pages. I will tell you this:

I was at the capital on January 6th and I can give you a first hand account. Everyone there that I encountered were wonderful, peace loving Americans. There was a lot of prayer and patriotism. When it was time to walk to the capital building a bus pulled up and a bunch of people dressed in black with helmets and clear shields came out and stormed the capital. Now you can assume whatever you want but I know those people were not Trump supporters. I saw the whole thing with my own eyes.

Buckle up!  You're all about to see history happen in the next 8 days. Please remember when it's all done that we're all Americans and on the same side.  May God Bless you all and keep you safe.

These are the times I am glad that forums like this track people's IP addresses and archive them, and that people like this don't understand the internet. If something dangerous occurs in the next 8 days, people like this will get a knock on their door from the FBI and they will be absolutely shocked in how they could have even known.
(01-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That should read, "some of the officers".  We have no idea why some of these officers are being investigated.

Much like the military, yes.  But then, what isn't used as a prop by politicians?

Really, no one died or was killed at BLM or Antifa protests?  One need look no further than the CHAZ/CHOP in Seattle to put the lie to that ridiculous statement.  Also, the Rittenhouse incident is the clearest case of self defense I've ever seen.  Whether he should have been there (which is just your opinion) or whether he was carrying a weapon illegally (it would appear that he was) has absolutely zero bearing on whether he acted in self defense.

But seriously, your assertion that the Antifa/BLM protests resulted in zero deaths is just mind blowingly ignorant.

BTW, I feel this needs to be said so the usual disingenuous posters don't try and twist these statements.  I am responding to posts and assertions made.  I am not excusing or condoning what happened at the Capitol Building.  I would think that was obvious but...

Holy shit i completely forgot about CHAZ.

What a bunch of idiots.

Still, Capitol Hill storming had a higher body count - 5-4. So my point stands - one day by the Right protesting had a higher body count than 6 months of the Left.

Now if you want to talk ALL casualties (i.e; injuries), you'll be on to something. But then of course, that'd be cherry picking since you're talking about 6 months of the cops acting the fool and tear gassing at the drop of a hate versus 1 day of the cops dropping the ball and handling domestic terrorists with kid gloves (as they're prone to do when said terrorists are of a lighter shade).
(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: These are the times I am glad that forums like this track people's IP addresses and archive them, and that people like this don't understand the internet. If something dangerous occurs in the next 8 days, people like this will get a knock on their door from the FBI and they will be absolutely shocked in how they could have even known.

Ehh, he's not suggesting he's going to do anything.  He's merely making stuff up in order to convince the rest of us to go easy on domestic terrorists.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-12-2021, 02:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Holy shit i completely forgot about CHAZ.

What a bunch of idiots.

Completely agree.

Quote:Still, Capitol Hill storming had a higher body count - 5-4. So my point stands - one day by the Right protesting had a higher body count than 6 months of the Left.

Not even close.  I only gave you one, high profile, situation in which several people were killed.  There are numerous deaths the past six months that did not receive the same amount of attention.  The Capitol incident was as wrong as it was disturbing, but it does not even come close to passing the body count of the left leaning protests the past year or so.  Of course, this is spread over a long time period, but that doesn't change the fact that what you are saying is demonstrably wrong.

Quote:Now if you want to talk ALL casualties (i.e; injuries), you'll be on to something. But then of course, that'd be cherry picking since you're talking about 6 months of the cops acting the fool and tear gassing at the drop of a hate versus 1 day of the cops dropping the ball and handling domestic terrorists with kid gloves (as they're prone to do when said terrorists are of a lighter shade).

Nah, we can stick with fatalities, the point remains the same.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/06/08/14-days-of-protests-19-dead/?sh=36170914de4f

As of 06/08/20 there were 19 deaths directly related to the protests.  I think it's only logical to assume a few more have occurred in the intervening six and half months.

See, we can condemn the incident at the Capitol Building without resorting to hyperbole or falsehoods.
(01-12-2021, 02:44 PM)Au165 Wrote: I agree, but it seems no one cares until they end up on it. It's kind of the same thing with drug forfeitures. 

Absolutely.

(01-12-2021, 02:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: These are the times I am glad that forums like this track people's IP addresses and archive them, and that people like this don't understand the internet. If something dangerous occurs in the next 8 days, people like this will get a knock on their door from the FBI and they will be absolutely shocked in how they could have even known.

It's like they've never heard of a VPN.
This thread just makes me think of the general feeling of the Trump era...

2016 - Trump is gonna defeat ISIS and protect us from terrorists better than any democrat would!
2020 - Which American terrorists do you think are worse, the liberal ones or the conservative ones?
(01-12-2021, 03:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This thread just makes me think of the general feeling of the Trump era...

2020 - Which American terrorists do you think are worse, the liberal ones or the conservative ones?

Yes.   Ninja
(01-12-2021, 03:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes.   Ninja

All ninjas aside, you shouldn't take out the part where we trusted Trump to protect us from terrorists and now everyone here is apparently our enemy and out to get us.  Blech, this blows.  He blows.
(01-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: All ninjas aside, you shouldn't take out the part where we trusted Trump to protect us from terrorists and now everyone here is apparently our enemy and out to get us.  Blech, this blows.  He blows.

True, but I couldn't make my joke if I left it in.  Yeah, it sucks.  I'm with Bel though, Trump accelerated a process already in progress.
(01-12-2021, 03:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Completely agree.

Not even close.  I only gave you one, high profile, situation in which several people were killed.  There are numerous deaths the past six months that did not receive the same amount of attention.  The Capitol incident was as wrong as it was disturbing, but it does not even come close to passing the body count of the left leaning protests the past year or so.  Of course, this is spread over a long time period, but that doesn't change the fact that what you are saying is demonstrably wrong.

Nah, we can stick with fatalities, the point remains the same.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2020/06/08/14-days-of-protests-19-dead/?sh=36170914de4f

As of 06/08/20 there were 19 deaths directly related to the protests.  I think it's only logical to assume a few more have occurred in the intervening six and half months.

See, we can condemn the incident at the Capitol Building without resorting to hyperbole or falsehoods.

Eh, some of those fatalities on that list are kind of iffy as far as linking them to protests go. But point made none the less.

It took the seditionists 6 hours to match a quarter of the body count the Left suffered in 2 weeks though; and thats with LEO treating them with kid gloves. It's a decent benchmark.
(01-12-2021, 03:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This thread just makes me think of the general feeling of the Trump era...

2016 - Trump is gonna defeat ISIS and protect us from terrorists better than any democrat would!

I've always said extremists are bad. You go far enough left or far enough right and you'll end up in the same place.
(01-12-2021, 02:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Holy shit i completely forgot about CHAZ.

What a bunch of idiots.

Still, Capitol Hill storming had a higher body count - 5-4. So my point stands - one day by the Right protesting had a higher body count than 6 months of the Left.

Now if you want to talk ALL casualties (i.e; injuries), you'll be on to something. But then of course, that'd be cherry picking since you're talking about 6 months of the cops acting the fool and tear gassing at the drop of a hate versus 1 day of the cops dropping the ball and handling domestic terrorists with kid gloves (as they're prone to do when said terrorists are of a lighter shade).

It's all just a distraction so the right wingers can claim this wasn't "as bad" and to keep pretending they aren't endorsing it (and Trump/the GOP) but rather "pointing out" that other deaths happened too.  

We can't stay focused too long on something bad because then we'd have to admit bad things happened.  It's sad. Hasn't even been a week yet.

But most of them are just taking their lead from their cult leader.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-12-2021, 03:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: True, but I couldn't make my joke if I left it in.  Yeah, it sucks.  I'm with Bel though, Trump accelerated a process already in progress.

I guess...I just feel like Trump threw gasoline on a fire in the middle of a dry wood.  You can't say America was going this route without Trump any more than you can say that guns kill people.  This is malicious operator intent, damn it.

People have been upset about politics, but Trump insisting that:

#1 the election was stolen
#2 attacking/marching/fighting specific people can change the results

This just strikes me are more than mere acceleration, mostly because Trump supporters seem to have little original thought until he tells them what to think and say.
(01-12-2021, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote:  

It's all just a distraction so the right wingers can claim this wasn't "as bad" and to keep pretending they aren't endorsing it (and Trump/the GOP) but rather "pointing out" that other deaths happened too.  

We can't stay focused too long on something bad because then we'd have to admit bad things happened.  It's sad. Hasn't even been a week yet.

You're clearly one of those people who project their own attitudes on others.  Not ignoring any violence is not excusing some of it.  You routinely downplay violence from the left and mock people who rightly call out Antifa.  You're hardly one to be relied on to discuss this topic rationally.
(01-12-2021, 03:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess...I just feel like Trump threw gasoline on a fire in the middle of a dry wood.  You can't say America was going this route without Trump any more than you can say that guns kill people.  This is malicious operator intent, damn it.

People have been upset about politics, but Trump insisting that:

#1 the election was stolen
#2 attacking/marching/fighting specific people can change the results

This just strikes me are more than mere acceleration, mostly because Trump supporters seem to have little original thought until he tells them what to think and say.

It's a huge dose of accelerationism, but I understand your point as well.  It is possible we would never have gotten to this point without Trump.  I think we would have, it just would have taken longer.  The real question is how do we pull it back, a question no one seems to have an answer for.
(01-12-2021, 03:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Eh, some of those fatalities on that list are kind of iffy as far as linking them to protests go. But point made none the less.

It took the seditionists 6 hours to match a quarter of the body count the Left suffered in 2 weeks though; and thats with LEO treating them with kid gloves. It's a decent benchmark.

Dead is dead.  You can certainly make a point that the Capitol incident is the worst single day incident, but the time frame of the deaths to me is unimportant and I'm sure it's unimportant to the families of the deceased.
See this where the Trump defenders jump up and say "See!!! He said he doesn't want violence!" when what he said was DEMOCRATS trying to hold him responsible for anything but specifically last week are going to make his people angry and they will be violent if they are.

Not in those words but in how he said it, placing the blame on others for his supporters violence.

(01-12-2021, 03:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: See this where the Trump defenders jump up and say "See!!! He said he doesn't want violence!" when what he said was DEMOCRATS trying to hold him responsible for anything but specifically last week are going to make his people angry and they will be violent if they are.

Not in those words but in how he said it, placing the blame on others for his supporters violence.

And his state media mouthpieces echo it:

"If Trump's followers act violently its YOU FAULT for trying to hold him accountable!"

I've said before that watching Trump defenders is like watching abused spouses.  This is just another example. "He hits me because I make him mad...it's my fault."  It's just awful to watch.
I will say hearing that we can't hold Trump accountable being he's going to do something awful AGAIN is just amazingly weak and also points out that his supporters are admitting that he's an awful person who is complicit in this stuff.

Apparently we should let every criminal who resists go. Oh, we COULD arrest Charles Manson, but what if that makes his cult like...kill more people? Let him go...the Beach Boys are going to need replacement members soon.
Isn't the whole thing about terrorism is they are trying to manipulate your life and actions through fear? So they are saying we shouldn't do something because of...the threat of more terrorism? I am pretty sure this is what the mob did when there were threats of prosecution, they would "make an example" out of people to deter prosecutors from coming after them.