Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Storming Of The Capitol Building
Yikes. There’s no reason to defend these terrorists. Join with Republicans like Ben Sasse and denounce it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They didn’t need to steal a thing, Brad. What they did was way beyond stealing something. They need to have serious prison time. Don’t try to mitigate the shitheads.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

They stole my peace of mind.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Did anyone mention the IED's? I feel like that whole piece of the day has kind of been forgotten in the overwhelming about of insanity that occured.
Sorry you don't get to compare sedition to racial frustrations boiling over. At no point over the last year has BLM or Antifa stormed a joint session of Congress.
(01-08-2021, 09:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: Did anyone mention the IED's? I feel like that whole piece of the day has kind of been forgotten in the overwhelming about of insanity that occured.

Well, since you mentioned it.  Apparently they were ready for, well, a war.

One of the Trump supporters who stormed the US Capitol was carrying 11 Molotov cocktails and an assault rifle, prosecutors say (msn.com)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(01-08-2021, 09:18 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Sorry you don't get to compare sedition to racial frustrations boiling over. At no point over the last year has BLM or Antifa stormed a joint session of Congress.

And BLM and the other protestors were at least marching about actual events and problems...not a lie Trump repeated over and over.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
One wold think their aggressive removal of the american flag to replace it with the flag of Trump would cause some ire among the base, but meh...whatever. The flag and blue lives matter but Trump trumps all.
(01-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Dude, you're defending sedition.

Please reflect on why you feel the need to defend these people.

Because he would have to admit that he was wrong.

And some people can't do that. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Maybe it's time to label MAGA as a terrorist organisation because it is what it is.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Trump pulled a Willie horton on us. The signs were there and we got him but we let him off the hook and he responded by doubling down on the awfulness. Live and don't learn. Now we can't remove him because he'd do something even worse. Nothing like kowtowing when it's convenient.
(01-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Maybe it's time to label MAGA as a terrorist organisation because it is what it is.

Actually, after this week it 100% should be. 
(01-08-2021, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Actually, after this week it 100% should be. 

And the leader of that organisation has the nuclear codes.

(01-08-2021, 11:30 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Maybe it's time to label MAGA as a terrorist organisation because it is what it is.

(01-08-2021, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Actually, after this week it 100% should be. 

The problem being that like groups like BLM there isn't an organized group.  Can we identify who is in it? Sure.  Unlike BLM there is a "leader".  But I don't know if they are an "organization" like ISIS or the KKK.

Maybe someone else has some insight on those things?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
(01-08-2021, 11:16 AM)Nately120 Wrote: One wold think their aggressive removal of the american flag to replace it with the flag of Trump would cause some ire among the base, but meh...whatever. The flag and blue lives matter but Trump trumps all.

I mean if that doesn’t say it all I don’t know what does.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-08-2021, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: The problem being that like groups like BLM there isn't an organized group.  Can we identify who is in it? Sure.  Unlike BLM there is a "leader".  But I don't know if they are an "organization" like ISIS or the KKK.

Maybe someone else has some insight on those things?

I mean they seemed pretty organized leading up to Wednesday over on Parler. 
What gives me hope is seeing just how poorly executed this entire thing was. Trump said he was going to lead them, Trump got into his limo and left. They broke into the capitol while a republican was making the case Trump and his supporters WANTED them to make. The republicans who are supporting their side ran for their lives along with the democrats who are their enemies. Chants of hang Mike Pence were heard (so much for Pence in 2024, I guess). These people want to hang their own VP they voted for TWICE and we're supposed to respect them as an informed political force?

Plus, once they got into the building they clearly had no idea what to do other than raise the flag of Trump and scream about Trump winning and cause chaos. Of course they took a bunch of videos and selfies and posted online about their crimes because this is all about proving alliance and obedience to Trump, nothing else. After they were out of there the government went right back to their jobs and certified the guy they didn't want to be president won.

Either they just wanted pictures of themselves committing treason, because hey fudge the system for now, right? Or they legitimately thought if they broke in and replaced the American flag with a Trump one that Trump would magically become president for life as if this were some sort of OBJECTIVE COMPLETED mission in some video game.

Oh, and they only had to kill a single police officer in order to get all those awesome selfies. Not a bad deal for them, I guess.

OH and one last thing, the fact that the most up Trump's arse of the pundits are trying to say these people were secretly in ANTIFA should give the OP a tip on how patriotic their actions were.
One mob is no better than another, both deserve condemnation.
Saw a funny take on this situation. The rioters actually got Trump to concede the election. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
(01-08-2021, 01:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Saw a funny take on this situation. The rioters actually got Trump to concede the election. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

True but on the flipside Trump still hasnt conceded spreading lies and false propaganda that the election was 'rigged and stolen' from him. That is ultimately what led to what happened at the Capitol, and who knows what else it may lead to here in the next couple of weeks.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V