Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Lights over Norway
This is very old, but something I always found odd. The explanation seemed kinda weak also.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a buncha bullshit to me. Clearly it's that thingie that captures Kirk Douglas' aircraft carrier in The Final Countdown. Somebody call Martin Sheen stat.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one here that believes in UFOs and Aliens
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Are we alone? No I highly doubt it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Am I the only one here that believes in UFOs and Aliens

No.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 08:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Am I the only one here that believes in UFOs and Aliens

I believe that alien life is a statistical probability.

I don't believe that little green/grey men visit our planet to kidnap our cows and hillbillies. 

I've always been fascinated by it, and perhaps WANTED to believe it, but the lack of evidence makes me say it's probably not happening.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote

I certainly think life elsewhere is probable, but they'd have to be advanced far beyond us to get here.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 11:43 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I certainly think life elsewhere is probable, but they'd have to be advanced far beyond us to get here.  

We are definitely to low tech for any alien civ to even bother to talk to us... 

I believe alien visitors in the past much more likely than "gods desending on the earth"   they would have been viewed as god like no doubt. 

While it be cool to find life out there it will probly turn out bad for humans.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We are definitely to low tech for any alien civ to even bother to talk to us... 

I believe alien visitors in the past much more likely than "gods desending on the earth"   they would have been viewed as god like no doubt. 

I can’t even imagine what it would take to get here. The closest star is 24 trillion miles away give or take and there isn’t anything there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t even imagine what it would take to get here. The closest star is 24 trillion miles away give or take and there isn’t anything there.

Easy. Build a star ship and set it to warp 9.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

I believe in them.  It's you I have trouble buying  Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: We are definitely to low tech for any alien civ to even bother to talk to us... 

Yes, I agree, they are probably looking for a place to reside. Similar to how we will be looking for "similar earth plants" to conquer when we've depleted resources on Earth-1.

I also agree with the sentiments that religion/God is/was sometimes viewed for things unexplainable, as Science continues to expand ... things are seemingly less God-like. Although I consider science itself to be some version of God.
Reply/Quote
Lots of times I listen to "Coast to Coast" with George Noory and they talk about UFO's fairly often, but those are not my favorite shows. Here are a few of my random thoughts on the topic:

* Supposedly at Wright-Patterson AFB, less than 10 miles from where I'm sitting they have one or two of the Roswell aliens on ice
* There's a rumor that Jimmy Carter wanted to disclose what he learned as pres but was forced to keep his mouth shut
* Saying anything about life on other planets/galaxies would create religious hysteria or so the government says
* It's highly likely that there is a covert space program and that Apollo and all the shuttles were just for show

Also, one of my most favorite movie scenes of all time was in Animal House were Pinto smokes pot with Professor Jennings (his English teacher) and Boon and Katy. Pinto says "Let me see if I've got this right; our entire universe could be a little molecule in the fingernail of some other, giant being?" The professor says yes, and then Pinto says "I can't believe it. That means that one little molecule in my fingernail could be ..." And the professor, portrayed by Donald Sutherland finishes the sentence with "... one tiny little universe." A second later, Pinto says "Can I buy some pot from you?"
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2017, 01:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I can’t even imagine what it would take to get here. The closest star is 24 trillion miles away give or take and there isn’t anything there.

Well heres the thing ive wondered...  If you are looking at pictures of a star 24 million light years away lets say......           Is the image we are seeing 24 million years old?  as we can just now see that.   Does that only apply to stars with the naked eye?  or does the hubble and like telescopes turn back that time?

is it possible we have looked at an alien civ but didn't see it because we are looking at their past?
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 01:27 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Lots of times I listen to "Coast to Coast" with George Noory and they talk about UFO's fairly often, but those are not my favorite shows. Here are a few of my random thoughts on the topic:

* Supposedly at Wright-Patterson AFB, less than 10 miles from where I'm sitting they have one or two of the Roswell aliens on ice
* There's a rumor that Jimmy Carter wanted to disclose what he learned as pres but was forced to keep his mouth shut
* Saying anything about life on other planets/galaxies would create religious hysteria or so the government says
* It's highly likely that there is a covert space program and that Apollo and all the shuttles were just for show

Also, one of my most favorite movie scenes of all time was in Animal House were Pinto smokes pot with Professor Jennings (his English teacher) and Boon and Katy. Pinto says "Let me see if I've got this right; our entire universe could be a little molecule in the fingernail of some other, giant being?" The professor says yes, and then Pinto says "I can't believe it. That means that one little molecule in my fingernail could be ..." And the professor, portrayed by Donald Sutherland finishes the sentence with "... one tiny little universe." A second later, Pinto says "Can I buy some pot from you?"

it would definitely create religious hysteria...  But then they would start worshipping the aliens.  hell any little thing now causes riots or mass hysteria.

did you see the interview by the guy that says he was stationed on mars the last 10 years helping to fight back alien lifeforms there?

https://www.gaia.com/article/randy-cramer-mars-defense-force

Now I'm not saying that's legit... But if it was and he told it true would anyone believe him anyways?
Reply/Quote
Do NOT come to Earth! You must come through ME first!! Hiii---yaaah!!! Die Alien SCUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
There is also evidence of nuclear explosions (attacks) on Mars.

This guy says there were "people" on Mars in 1979, and talks about the evidence of a nuclear attack.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2852829/Was-secret-manned-mission-Mars-1979-Former-Nasa-employee-claims-saw-suited-men-running-red-planet.html
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 03:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well heres the thing ive wondered...  If you are looking at pictures of a star 24 million light years away lets say......           Is the image we are seeing 24 million years old?  as we can just now see that.   Does that only apply to stars with the naked eye?  or does the hubble and like telescopes turn back that time?

is it possible we have looked at an alien civ but didn't see it because we are looking at their past?

I don't think they can see anything either way.  Not that detailed.  They discover some planets because of slight warbles or something like that that reveals a gravitational pull so they know there's a planet.  Then they can figure out how big the planet is which is just mind boggling to me.  I haven't looked it up, but I don't know that we "see" any planets outside our solar system or if we do, not many.

Reply/Quote
I think if aliens had the ability to visit us, they'd probably view us as just animals, almost like a zoo.  Maybe they would stay hidden, so as not to interfere with intelligent life.  But we would seem like to them like the cave man to us.  That's what DOES make the Ancient Aliens series interesting.

On the other hand, even if we assume aliens have the tech to visit us, would they actually find us, or make it a priority to visit us?  Just think about the numbers we are talking - even if a planet having life is 1 in a billion, there would be BILLIONS of planets with life...and finding those is the proverbial needle in a haystack.  I suppose, theoretically, they could have millions of probes floating around well out of detectable range of any of the planets.  What if we aren't that interesting?  What if we aren't even in the top-1M must-see alien destinations?

And the idea we've been visited all relies on faster-than-light travel being a reality, as opposed to theoretical impossibility. 
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote