Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Lights over Ohio
Have you ever seen a UFO ?

Let me start out by saying I'm not a believer, conspiracy theorist, or crack pot. I'd say the majority of people that know me would consider me a pretty level headed guy. Having said that:

This Spring, oh about early April I was out coyote hunting one evening. While coming out of the field walking up a small hill I became aware of four very bright lights in the sky in the basic form of a baseball diamond. I asked my buddy who was walking with me, do you see that ? He said "yes they were here a couple nights ago as well." I said what the hell is that ? He says "I don't know."

From the time I first saw them to the time they faded out was maybe 5 or 6 seconds ? They just faded away quickly one at a time. I blew it off as just whatever and went on, got in my truck and left. They were pure white, no blinking, and there was no noise at all. It's hard to estimate height and distance in the twilight of sunset, the first stars were also visible. But I'd say less than a thousand feet maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile away ? Position angle 3 or there abouts ?

As I was driving home listening to the radio coming up the big hill just before my house I was shocked to see them again. But this time there were six, three on top, three on bottom in basically an elongated rectangle pretty evenly proportioned one on each end one in the middle. Again they only lasted a few seconds and faded away quickly one at a time.

Again no blinking, no red on port, green on starboard. No signs of movement, no sound I could detect, nothing.

I was in the Navy and have seen carrier flight ops at night, we did all kinds of helicopter ops off my ship. I've seen many aircraft in flight, F-14's, A6 intruders, B52's at Travis AFB, dating myself here lol. But these weren't any kind of aircraft I've ever seen. They weren't shooting stars, seen many of them as well. It wasn't cloudy so they weren't stars fading in and out of clouds.

I'm not gonna say I'm a believer but I have no explanation for these lights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe a stupid accusation here, but they weren't drones were they? That's the only thing I can think of...
Reply/Quote
That’s freaky. Possibly Mike Browns mother ship? I’m curious as to what it may have been? Drones is a good guess but 4-6 flying in unison and fading 1 at a time? However it does raise a good question. Is there any model runways/parks around there? Also, do you remember the weather? I assume clear but could it have been misty? Just raising the possibility of light reflection in a perfect condition off water in the air.

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Have you ever seen a UFO ?

Let me start out by saying I'm not a believer, conspiracy theorist, or crack pot. I'd say the majority of people that know me would consider me a pretty level headed guy. Having said that:

This Spring, oh about early April I was out coyote hunting one evening. While coming out of the field walking up a small hill I became aware of four very bright lights in the sky in the basic form of a baseball diamond. I asked my buddy who was walking with me, do you see that ? He said "yes they were here a couple nights ago as well." I said what the hell is that ? He says "I don't know."

From the time I first saw them to the time they faded out was maybe 5 or 6 seconds ? They just faded away quickly one at a time. I blew it off as just whatever and went on, got in my truck and left. They were pure white, no blinking, and there was no noise at all. It's hard to estimate height and distance in the twilight of sunset, the first stars were also visible. But I'd say less than a thousand feet maybe 1/4 to 1/2 mile away ? Position angle 3 or there abouts ?

As I was driving home listening to the radio coming up the big hill just before my house I was shocked to see them again. But this time there were six, three on top, three on bottom in basically an elongated rectangle pretty evenly proportioned one on each end one in the middle. Again they only lasted a few seconds and faded away quickly one at a time.

Again no blinking, no red on port, green on starboard. No signs of movement, no sound I could detect, nothing.

I was in the Navy and have seen carrier flight ops at night, we did all kinds of helicopter ops off my ship. I've seen many aircraft in flight, F-14's, A6 intruders, B52's at Travis AFB, dating myself here lol. But these weren't any kind of aircraft I've ever seen. They weren't shooting stars, seen many of them as well. It wasn't cloudy so they weren't stars fading in and out of clouds.

I'm not gonna say I'm a believer but I have no explanation for these lights.

ive seen a ton of UFO's....    which means I couldn't identify them..

We do have a big airforce base in the area.  and with tensions high they could be testing some prototype aircraft.

If you ask me if they could be aliens.  Id say sure could.. Doesn't make a much sense if there are aliens watching us why we haven't been destroyed or enslaved yet (or eaten).  But thru-out history you have plenty of examples in text and pictures of encounters with things coming down from the sky.   and even weird bones found buried.

I'm in the group thinking if aliens are coming it wont be good for us lol but they have already been here for 1000s of years. (or at least stopping by)
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ive seen a ton of UFO's....    which means I couldn't identify them..

We do have a big airforce base in the area.  and with tensions high they could be testing some prototype aircraft.

If you ask me if they could be aliens.  Id say sure could.. Doesn't make a much sense if there are aliens watching us why we haven't been destroyed or enslaved yet (or eaten).  But thru-out history you have plenty of examples in text and pictures of encounters with things coming down from the sky.   and even weird bones found buried.

I'm in the group thinking if aliens are coming it wont be good for us lol   but they have already been here for 1000s of years. (or at least stopping by)

What about the aliens that showed the Egyptians how to build pyramids or the ones who showed the Incas how to build Machu Pichu?  Or Stonehenge?  Seems like these guys like to come and build big, weird shit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:38 PM)McC Wrote: What about the aliens that showed the Egyptians how to build pyramids or the ones who showed the Incas how to build Machu Pichu?  Or Stonehenge?  Seems like these guys like to come and build big, weird shit.

nothing compared to the ancient gold mines and nuclear reactor in Africa. But really what have they built for us lately lol
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:07 AM)Takedown Wrote: Maybe a stupid accusation here, but they weren't drones were they? That's the only thing I can think of...

I'm no drone expert but if my understanding of the majority of drones is correct these were way, way, to big. The first 4 in the diamond shape were probably a couple hundred feet apart.

The 2nd set of 6 lights was basically gigantic by aircraft standards. 150 yards from tip to tip from the outside lights ? 

I guess there could have been multiple drones ? But flying in unison pretty equally spaced and only a single bright white light ? Over a pretty rural area, farm fields and woods ?

I couldn't totally rule them out I suppose ?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:53 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s freaky. Possibly Mike Browns mother ship? I’m curious as to what it may have been? Drones is a good guess but 4-6 flying in unison and fading 1 at a time? However it does raise a good question. Is there any model runways/parks around there? Also, do you remember the weather? I assume clear but could it have been misty? Just raising the possibility of light reflection in a perfect condition off water in the air.

There's a small like piper cub type air strip like 15 miles away. Closest big airport would be Columbus it's probably 50-60 miles. We have an F-16 ANG unit somewhere around here ? They fly over my house fairly regular doing training or whatever. But you have no doubt what they are from the jet blast ! This wasn't a chaff deployed in training or whatever I'm also sure, seen that before as well.

The weather was really clear.

And to be quite honest it did freak me out a bit. I kinda hate to admit it but I looked for them for several nights afterward hoping to get a pic. No show as of yet
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:38 PM)McC Wrote: What about the aliens that showed the Egyptians how to build pyramids or the ones who showed the Incas how to build Machu Pichu?  Or Stonehenge?  Seems like these guys like to come and build big, weird shit.

My issue with that has always been. Ok, alien beings have developed the ability to travel across the galaxy. Pretty high tech stuff right ?
Travel at or near the speed of light ? High tech metals, composites and whatever.

Why would they fly how ever many light years, stop by our little bump in the ocean of the galaxy and say ok team let's revert back to our stone age and see if we can still throw a bunch of rocks into a big pile ?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 07:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: My issue with that has always been. Ok, alien beings have developed the ability to travel across the galaxy. Pretty high tech stuff right ?
Travel at or near the speed of light ? High tech metals, composites and whatever.

Why would they fly how ever many light years, stop by our little bump in the ocean of the galaxy and say ok team let's revert back to our stone age and see if we can still throw a bunch of rocks into a big pile ?

Good question. Maybe we have something they need?

Reply/Quote

Hopefully they have come here to help us build a SB team? Who Dey

Reply/Quote
I've never seen anything that can be considered an UFO myself, but I do believe in intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy, let alone the universe. The laws of probability and common sense in general just say there has to be life out there.

In our Milky Way galaxy alone, there is an estimate of a minimum of 100 billion stars and 100 billion planets. Then they estimate there are 100s of millions to billions of galaxies in the universe, numbers which are mind boggling to think of. And I am being very low in regards to estimates I have read. To assume 1 planet is the only one to have life and intelligent life is being pretty naive.

Now I do believe they have visited the planet here at some point or points. I also believe once we detonated nukes in WW2 and the years after in testing, the visits became more and more because to an alien species we took the next step in technology in being able to harness that kind of power.

Anyways got off on a tangent there, and with your military background in being around aircraft, I would say it was a UFO by definition. Have you looked at google earth or maps of its approximate location, to see if there is anything of interest so to speak nearby? Thanks for sharing, good stuff.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I'm here to tell you what the US Govt tells everyone who encounters some strange light in the sky.  It was a weather balloon. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I've never seen anything that can be considered an UFO myself, but I do believe in intelligent life elsewhere in our galaxy, let alone the universe. The laws of probability and common sense in general just say there has to be life out there.

In our Milky Way galaxy alone, there is an estimate of a minimum of 100 billion stars and 100 billion planets. Then they estimate there are 100s of millions to billions of galaxies in the universe, numbers which are mind boggling to think of. And I am being very low in regards to estimates I have read. To assume 1 planet is the only one to have life and intelligent life is being pretty naive.

Now I do believe they have visited the planet here at some point or points. I also believe once we detonated nukes in WW2 and the years after in testing, the visits became more and more because to an alien species we took the next step in technology in being able to harness that kind of power.

Anyways got off on a tangent there, and with your military background in being around aircraft, I would say it was a UFO by definition. Have you looked at google earth or maps of its approximate location, to see if there is anything of interest so to speak nearby? Thanks for sharing, good stuff.

Agree,

I think there's an extremely good chance there's intelligent life in our galaxy. And in the universe it's just a total slam dunk, there is and it's not really even debatable.

The size of just the Milky Way alone is nearly incomprehensible to us ! And then you factor in the age and there may well be life out there millions and millions of years older than us. To state emphatically there's no way there's beings/things/peeps out there that have achieved the ability to travel in space is as you say pretty naive.

Now whether or not they've ever came here ? I believe pretty much any reasonable person couldn't totally rule it out. The real question is why ? We're but a tiny, tiny, dot in the very big scheme of things. The nuclear power you mention may well have triggered a visit ?

In my own experience I've asked myself the question a few times why would these beings (assuming it was UFO's) be doing over farming fields and woods in southwest Ohio ?

I have no answer as to why ? And I have no answer as to what they were. But I can assure you they were very real. Oh and by the way I didn't see or get a feel for any shape, outline, color, mass or any kind of form, just white lights.
Reply/Quote