Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength of Schedule
Bengals earning their road to the playoffs... will only get more impressive here on out.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 05:20 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals earning their road to the playoffs... will only get more impressive here on out.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And in addition to a tough schedule, the Bengals have to play one more road game than home game this year. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 07:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: And in addition to a tough schedule, the Bengals have to play one more road game than home game this year. 

The worst part of moving the schedule to 17 games. 

We have a very challenging road ahead yet, so it's good to know that we have as good a record as any against good teams!
Reply/Quote
I swear this year in the NFL is so weird. It feels like the Bengals have barely played anyone good. Last year the Bengals only played 5 games against teams that won less than 8 games, and they've already played 6 on pace to win less this year with another 2 still to play.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 07:41 PM)Nepa Wrote: And in addition to a tough schedule, the Bengals have to play one more road game than home game this year. 

So does everyone in the AFC
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chargers blow
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 08:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So does everyone in the AFC

Thanks. I didn't realize the extra home game/away game was allocated based on conference. 
Reply/Quote
So the teams the Bengals have beaten are collectively 3 games under .500. I thought I would feel good looking at that graph.

And this isn't directed at the OP, but this seems like yet another throwaway metric. How is "strength of victory" even determined? Shouldn't more weight be given teams with more wins? Not sure I even understand the concept.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 10:13 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: So the teams the Bengals have beaten are collectively 3 games under .500.  I thought I would feel good looking at that graph.

And this isn't directed at the OP, but this seems like yet another throwaway metric.  How is "strength of victory" even determined?  Shouldn't more weight be given teams with more wins?  Not sure I even understand the concept.

Not a throw away. It’s part of tie breaking procedure just ahead of strength of schedule.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals have beaten the

7-4 Jets
8-3 Dolphins (division leader)
7-4 Titans (division leader)

these teams are 22-11 and could be 25-8 if not for the Bengals

and
only lost by 2 to Ravens (division leader) on the road
only lost by 3 to the 8-3 Cowboys

these teams are 37-18 and the Bengals either beat them or played them tight. Believe this stretch of games is a better gauge on how good the Bengals are rather than penalizing them for playing some below average teams, even though 3 of those games were division rivals.

When they beat the division leading Chiefs that resume will be looking even better

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2022, 08:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Chargers blow

Succinct and accurate 
Reply/Quote