Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strongest position group
What is the strongest position group on the team?  I ask myself this and not one of them jumps out.

What think ye?

On a somewhat related note, how do we keep having so many holes going into every season?  How come we keep not closing them?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
QB.

Solid starter and solid backup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was going to say QB as well. This question is too tough.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
QB, definitely.

And while we are missing a speedy receiver opposite Green, I think our WR corps is otherwise pretty good.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Easily the QB position. We have insurance on our insurance.
Reply/Quote
Outside qb what would be next? Hard one. Laffell has been pretty good but I would hesitate to say wr giving our red zone woes this year
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 04:40 PM)Big Boss Wrote: QB, definitely.

And while we are missing a speedy receiver opposite Green, I think our WR corps is otherwise pretty good.

Agreed, Dalton and McCarron are very solid and our WR corps when we have Eifert healthy who is a receiver is like you said, pretty good.

Cannot believe how bad our Linebacker corps played this year under Haslett, i thought they would be the best we had in awhile, but they were a weakness. Our D-line needs atleast one more addition at End on the opposite side of Dunlap to get back to being solid cause i think Billings will be good if we finally let Peko walk.

The Secondary needs work but overall it is the same guys as the year before minus Reggie.

Bottomline the coaching is the biggest problem going on.

I still have to hold out hope that we get rid of one or two of our coaches that were terrible this year. Preferably PA and Haslett.
Reply/Quote
Assuming Mac is traded, I'm going to say...CB. Even if DreKirk signs elsewhere, we still have Adam Jones, Josh Shaw and a couple 1st rounders at that position. Honestly, no position looks great though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Quarterbacks and punt coverage.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: What is the strongest position group on the team?  I ask myself this and not one of them jumps out.

What think ye?

On a somewhat related note, how do we keep having so many holes going into every season?  How come we keep not closing them?

Agree on Qb as strongest group after that it gets pretty dicey.

On the related note, because MB refuses to utilize free agency. He has some kind of weird family/loyalty not sure what else to call it hang up. If he doesn't draft you it's very hard to get in the club ! Only a few have done it. It's like he's not going to shop at Wal-Mart, or the chain gas stations, or McDonalds. He's sticking with local owned restaurants, gas stations, etc.

And once you get in the family you stay until your contract is up even if you suck. These traits in and of themselves aren't a bad thing most of the time. But the suck big time for trying to run a successful NFL team.

You have to build thru the draft no doubt. But you also have to plug holes with FA's. Not every draft pick works out, see Ogbuehi. He's a pure bust but since he's in "the family" he'll be trotting out there 3 more years. Sorry Andy !
Reply/Quote
running back hill is a beast and bernard is a good change of pace back even burkhead can make plays the problem is we have an average o line
Reply/Quote
Long snapper.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
QB. Dalton and McCarron are rock solid.
Reply/Quote
RT Ninja

Nah, it's QB, for one more game. Next year our backup will be a ? mark.

Reply/Quote
Depends on whether or not we are factoring health into this discussion.

If not, TE is probably the best.
Reply/Quote
QB & CB

Reply/Quote
The secondary easily- I think we have three starting safties back there and 4 starting corners and 2 corners with upside behind them.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 03:48 PM)McC Wrote: What is the strongest position group on the team?  I ask myself this and not one of them jumps out.

What think ye?

I would actually say the secondary, encompassing the safeties and CBs.  They have really good first line starters at CB in Dre, Adam, Dennard and quality depth in WJIII (still an unknown, but my fav of the group) and a swing man in Josh Shaw.  I also really like the safeties in Iloka, D. Smith, Fej, Williams (although he is cast poorly as a center fielder).  

This is one of the only position groups where if a starter went down, I would see little to no drop off.  In fact, I would like to see a lot more of Derron Smith starting over Williams except in obvious rushing downs.  I could also see Josh Shaw starting at Safety or moving Dennard to one of the outside CB positions to replace Dre or Adam Jones if injured.  WJIII has me really excited because I believe that he will be a ball-hawk.  Love his skill set and how he makes plays.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Assuming Mac is traded, I'm going to say...CB. Even if DreKirk signs elsewhere, we still have Adam Jones, Josh Shaw and a couple 1st rounders at that position. Honestly, no position looks great though.

This.  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2016, 06:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And once you get in the family you stay until your contract is up even if you suck. 

You need to talk to Kyle Cook, Willie Anderson, Deltha O'Neal, and Rudi Johnson.
Reply/Quote