Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stud of the Week
Trying to be positive here, I left off the "dud" of the week prediction...

I would like your offensive and defensive Stud of the Week prediction. I will go first, because I am sure it will draw tons of ridicule and make everyone else's predictions look better Hilarious

My Offensive Stud of the Week:

John Ross- He is due for a couple big plays. Maybe a simple screen with a missed tackle that he takes for 75 yards and a TD (I had to add the TD, since we have seen plays like Dre run 101 yards and not score) and a bomb for a TD as well. I don't expect him to not be criticized for his earlier performances, but I hope his so-called breakout game gets people excited about him and this offense again.

Defensive Stud of the Week:

Sam Hubbard. Yes, he narrowly missed two game-changing plays last week, but I love his ability to seemingly always be around the ball and just make plays. I absolutely love this guy and wish I could buy his jersey without fear of jinxing him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Let's go with the obvious. Offense Andy. Defense Carlos. Atlanta's best safties wont play. Carlos should be licking his chops this week
Reply/Quote
I’ll go with Boyd on offense. Hopefully he can keep his high level of play going again this week.

Bates on defense. Ryan will be airing it out a lot I’m sure, Bates should have some chances to make a big play. We lost the turnover battle to Carolina 4-0, need to be on the right side of it to have a chance.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 07:44 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Let's go with the obvious.  Offense Andy.  Defense Carlos.  Atlanta's best safties wont play.  Carlos should be licking his chops this week

Every time I think that about any aspect of our team (going against a lesser opponent, or a back up), they lay a tremendous egg.  Then, against a good team or individual, they play great.  Lack of motivation on the lesser opponent?  I have no idea....but you are right in your assessment.  It just rarely seems to work out like that.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 08:17 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ll go with Boyd on offense. Hopefully he can keep his high level of play going again this week.

Bates on defense. Ryan will be airing it out a lot I’m sure, Bates should have some chances to make a big play. We lost the turnover battle to Carolina 4-0, need to be on the right side of it to have a chance.

Boyd has quickly become what TJ was to Carson.  And your call on Bates is dead on.  Atlanta doesn't match up well against the Bengals if they don't have their running game going.  Hopefully, the Bengals can come out and execute perfectly like the Ratbird game.  That forces them in to their air-it-out offense.

The Bengals have played teams like New Orleans and Atlanta tough defensively over the past few years, although that was with a different DC.  
Reply/Quote
Eifert - he's coming back to life

Lawson - hasn't had much of an impact so far he's bound to break out
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 10:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Eifert - he's coming back to life

Lawson - hasn't had much of an impact so far he's bound to break out

Damn, you took my two exactly.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 10:25 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Damn, you took my two exactly.

You can book it then  :andy:

I hope
Reply/Quote
Fat Randy hits 4 field goals....
Reply/Quote
Stud - Marvin (keeping us over .500)
Stud - Kroft (will keep Eifert healthy but on his toes)
Reply/Quote
Eifert and Geno for me.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
stud...Tyler Eifert....hes getting better and healthier. Atlanta does not anyone at LB that can stay with him the entire game.
Reply/Quote
Defense; Preston Brown (Single handedly shuts their run game down)
Offense: OL, They will dominate the LOS this game and allow 1 pressure and 0 sacks all game.
Reply/Quote
I will go with Ross as well. The Falcons Safeties are really banged up and a speedster like Ross could really take the top off.

Think they will focus on AJ and Boyd after what Boyd did last week. Ross just needs to catch the ball and not quit on routes.

On Defense i will go with Lawson, he needs to get going eventually, i think it is this weekend.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 12:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: stud...Tyler Eifert....hes getting better and healthier. Atlanta does not anyone at LB that can stay with him the entire game.

Is Deion Jones playing? If so he can stay with anyone almost.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 12:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will go with Ross as well. The Falcons Safeties are really banged up and a speedster like Ross could really take the top off.

Think they will focus on AJ and Boyd after what Boyd did last week. Ross just needs to catch the ball and not quit on routes.

On Defense i will go with Lawson, he needs to get going eventually, i think it is this weekend.

I would say we'll not be seeing Ross quit on anymore routes. I'd bet he's had several talking to's about that to put it mildly.
Reply/Quote
Boyd and WJIII

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 12:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I would say we'll not be seeing Ross quit on anymore routes. I'd bet he's had several talking to's about that to put it mildly.

Sure hope so man, if he plays with effort he will be rewarded. I know Dalton will be looking Boyd's way a lot this week
after putting out that much effort and continuing to run his routes last week. This is how you gain your QB's confidence.

Give effort and catch the damn ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 12:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Is Deion Jones playing? If so he can stay with anyone almost.
No on IR
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I'm just waiting on Fred to post his version of Stud of the Week. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote