Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study Ball with Kurt Warner- Joe Burrow Week 1
(09-16-2022, 12:14 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I'm not sure I'd call it playing hero ball. I'm not disagreeing with you in he/them being more patient, though. Burrow had possibly the best WR group in the NFL last year and look to be ranked the top group this season. He didn't play in the preseason which even playing 2-3 series would have been extremely beneficial so, naturally, he went with what was very comfortable to him.

They have to run the ball well on 1st down and then find ways to get quick hitters to the WR's.

"Hero ball", in my post, kind of encompasses just trying to do too much; fit a ball in a tight window, skip the easy completion and look for something bigger, etc. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 01:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "Hero ball", in my post, kind of encompasses just trying to do too much; fit a ball in a tight window, skip the easy completion and look for something bigger, etc. 

Our boy certainly loves that dagger to the heart homerun ball. I can't blame him, I do too. Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
If you asked Kurt which of the NFL qb's most resemble his game, he'd tell you it's Joe. Very cerebral, highly accurate, and crazy competitor. Football junkies.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 11:28 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I agree with more preseason reps....but then MN did the same thing and it worked out well for them. There were a quite a few teams that elected to rest starters, I'm not sure which ones, but I know us, LAR, MN for sure did.

And both McVay proteges
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Minnesota played Green Bay, who also didn’t start a starter in preseason. So double rust.

I think the real test is when you play a team that gives first team some preseason reps.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 09:31 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: All that you said yet we should have won. Amazing really. It’s a 17 game season. This was a pencilled in win. Dallas really wasn’t. So I’m good if we beat Dallas. But as has been bantered around. The Bengals are going to get more attention from teams and like Tomlin who’s lost 3 straight to Cincy there’s plenty of revenge out there. They’d better buckle up

Yep.  The steeler loss feels a lot like the Jets loss last year, but stings more because it was pitt, and it was week 1.  I know it was a divisional game also, but to your point, I think they bounce back and still take the AFC North.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2022, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  The steeler loss feels a lot like the Jets loss last year, but stings more because it was pitt, and it was week 1.  I know it was a divisional game also, but to your point, I think they bounce back and still take the AFC North.

I don’t think Dallas on offense can do much. If the offense can get untracked we should be fine. I really think the rusty offense/Burrow was just that I hope. Tomlin and Teryl Austin’s attack on Jonah/Volson was identifying an area of weakness. Of course they had Watt on the other side. It proved too much. Hopefully Volson and Jonah fix it.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
This video makes me feel better (still not great, but better) about Burrow's performance last week. It looks like he is just being a half second too late or hesitant when guys are running open. Those throws will be made as the season goes on and Burrow will be back to normal.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2022, 11:37 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: Minnesota played Green Bay, who also didn’t start a starter in preseason. So double rust.  

I think the real test is when you play a team that gives first team some preseason reps.

Yessir, so it's 1-3 among the three I know for sure. Not a ringing endorsement 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote