Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Study on gay marriage views retracted after allegations of fake data
(05-23-2015, 10:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: We call those people bisexuals.

No doubt, there are some people out there that make a conscious decision to participate in homosexual activity.  I don't think anyone would try to deny that.  It really comes down to if you legitimately think that all people are like that.  If you really believe that everyone makes an actual decision to be gay, then I can't help you...you've already made up your mind on this issue.  

I'm not going to take your anecdotal evidence as proof that people aren't born gay.  I have anecdotal evidence of my own and I don't expect that to sway you.

My former next door neighbor, who became my younger brother's best friend was gay from the very beginning.  You could tell from the time that this kid was like 4 years old that he was gay.  He has the voice, he had the mannerisms, it was all there.  His older brother was as masculine as can be.  I was on the same baseball team as him and in his wedding.  If it's all about how the kid is raised, then why was one teaching me how to fingerbang chicks and the other one super gay?

I have my mind made up just as you have yours made up. I can't say for sure because I don't know the boy you're speaking of, but I'd be curious to see how he was being raised. I've never met a kid that came off as gay. Tbh, not all gay men are effeminate and speak like women, so I'd tend to think that it was a learned behavior.

(05-24-2015, 01:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The people you are speaking of are bi-sexual instead of homosexual.  Since you know them so well just ask them.  they will explain the difference to you.  That way you won't have to take my word for it.

As I said, these girls (4 of them I can think of) have not messed with females since they settled down with a man. I don't consider that bisexual. They were straight, they went through a phase where they were "gay", then they decided it wasn't for them. My wife does have 1 friend that I think would be considered bi-sexual, as she has continued messing with girls even while in steady relationships with men. The rest have dropped it completely and haven't been with a female in years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(05-24-2015, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have my mind made up just as you have yours made up. I can't say for sure because I don't know the boy you're speaking of, but I'd be curious to see how he was being raised. I've never met a kid that came off as gay. Tbh, not all gay men are effeminate and speak like women, so I'd tend to think that it was a learned behavior.

I actually don't have my mind made up though. I think that it's probably genetic, but as long as there is nothing that will prove that to me, I can't say for sure. I also think that outside factors can play a part in it....maybe. I haven't seen any real evidence that shows that either. In my mind...it just doesn't matter. I cold care less whether they were born gay or chose to be gay. It will not effect they way that i feel about the issues either way.

As for the way this kid was raised....it was just like his brother was, it was just like MY brother was. They grew up doing the same things. I know that not every dude is effeminate, but the fact that some are, and are pretty early at that, makes me think that there is a genetic thing there.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-24-2015, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As I said, these girls (4 of them I can think of) have not messed with females since they settled down with a man. I don't consider that bisexual. They were straight, they went through a phase where they were "gay", then they decided it wasn't for them. My wife does have 1 friend that I think would be considered bi-sexual, as she has continued messing with girls even while in steady relationships with men. The rest have dropped it completely and haven't been with a female in years.

Just because they don't act on on it doesn't mean the attraction isn't there. The attraction is what defines sexuality, not the acts.

Sexuality is a very complicated thing. Some people are sexually attracted to both genders but only romantically attracted to one, or maybe even none. Some are romantically attracted to one or both genders but not sexually attracted to any. And of course, I am speaking in the gender binary here because getting outside of that would muddy up the waters even further. On top of that, there really is a scale for a lot of people as to how straight or gay they are. Heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, it all rests on this scale and has everything to do with to whom they are attracted, not with to whom they have engaged in intercourse. Most people are at least a little bit bisexual but don't act on it because they see it as unacceptable behavior or the attraction is not a strong enough one to cause you to act on it. But the next time you look at another guy and go "that guy is handsome" it is because your mind recognizes the traits that are often deemed to be attractive and it has kicked something off.

Everyone is a little bit gay.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-24-2015, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As I said, these girls (4 of them I can think of) have not messed with females since they settled down with a man. I don't consider that bisexual.

Doesn't matter what you consider them. You don't have the power to control other peoples sexual orientation.
(05-24-2015, 02:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Assuming you didn't act on these urges. Why didn't you?

Uh, the same reason I don't act on my sexual attraction to married women, women I work with, or my best friends' wives and girlfriends.

Again I ask, WTF does this have to do with sexual orientation? You seem to think you are making some sort of point, but I am not getting it. Unless you are admitting that you are sexually attracted to some men, but the fact that you don't act on it means you are not gay.
(05-24-2015, 02:11 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Confused

Fred, bud, there are some things that are best kept secret.

If you saw my cousin you would be sexually attracted to her also.
(05-23-2015, 04:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I wasn't quite sure why he posted this study. All it says is that one of the guys who did the study probably faked data showing that talking to gay people overwhelmingly changed the opinion of those who are against gay marriage.

It doesn't really show that being gay is or is not a choice. The thread just kinda went in that direction.

Unless I am missing something.

Three pages of responses? That's what I get for working on a Saturday!

Anyway I was asked to do a "quick google search" for some study that proved it was a choice. That's the first one that came up...along with the retraction. Only reason I posted this particular one.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-24-2015, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you saw my cousin you would be sexually attracted to her also.

If she looks anything like that picture of you in the wifebeater, then hell yes, I would.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(05-23-2015, 04:48 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Admittedly choice may not be the best word. It is most likely a combination of social, cultural, external, parental, and other factors that go into being gay.  My point is that there is very little credible proof that being gay is genetic. As of right now, people are not born gay.  ThumbsUp

There is no evidence which unequivocally proves homosexuality is the result of nature, nurture, or a combination of factors.  The most accurate answer is we just don't know. So while some might believe homosexuality is a choice there is no evidence which confirms this opinion and no evidence which rules out genetics as a possible cause. And vice versa.
(05-24-2015, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, the same reason I don't act on my sexual attraction to married women, women I work with, or my best friends' wives and girlfriends.

Again I ask why don't you act on these urges?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-24-2015, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Again I ask why don't you act on these urges?

Decency. Morals.

But you probably want him to say "choice" so you can argue that being gay is a choice.

Do you like boobs or are you a leg man?

Why don't you grab every boob you see? And when did you start liking them over say eyes?

No matter what you answer you are still attracted to women...you just choose to not attack them.

Rock On
(05-24-2015, 04:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Decency.  Morals.

But you probably want him to say "choice" so you can argue that being gay is a choice.

Do you like boobs or are you a leg man?

Why don't you grab every boob you see?  And when did you start liking them over say eyes?

No matter what you answer you are still attracted to women...you just choose to not attack them.

Rock On

No, no, Decency and morals are a couple good reasons not to act on these urges, We'll just give Fred a little more time to provide his answers, before we come to a conclusion.

The answer to your questions will also be answered then.

(05-24-2015, 04:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No, no, Decency and morals are a couple good reasons not to act on these urges, We'll just give Fred a little more time to provide his answers, before we come to a conclusion.

The answer to your questions will also be answered then.

Rolleyes

[Image: see.gif]
(05-24-2015, 04:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Again I ask why don't you act on these urges?

I do act on many of these urges, just by myself.

I don't hit on married women or my friends girlfriends out of respect for the feelings of other people.

I don't hit on women I work with because it could interfere with me keeping my job.

I didn't hit on my cousin because it is frown upon by society.

So what keeps you from having sex with other men? Is it just because you are married?
(05-24-2015, 04:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I do act on many of these urges, just by myself.

I don't hit on married women or my friends girlfriends out of respect for the feelings of other people.

I don't hit on women I work with because it could interfere with me keeping my job.

I didn't hit on my cousin because it is frown upon by society.

So what keeps you from having sex with other men?  Is it just because you are married?

I thought you said all of these were the same reason; you have given numerous. What is that "same reason"?

You're getting close.

(05-24-2015, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought you said all of these were the same reason; you have given numerous. What is that "same reason"?

You're getting close.

TommyAlt+C?

It has to be...right?
Nobody is "born" being homosexual OR heterosexual.

Tell me: which one of you immediately exited the wound and said, "Hey dad, I'm gonna need you to get me a Corvette because I already know I'm wanting a piece of these ladies"?

Human sexuality is developed over time with influencing factors that are both biological and psychological. There is an enormous swath of "human sexualities", beyond what sex you prefer.

I learned a long time ago that I prefer not to ask people, gay or straight, what they're up to in their bedrooms. Along those same lines, I take an "as long as they're not hurting anybody, what do I care?" approach to sexuality.
(05-24-2015, 04:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: TommyAlt+C?

It has to be...right?

Just waiting on Fred to answer, instead of dancing and asking other questions.

Bfine is trying to get Fred to say he chooses not to commit incest. The problem with this is the act itself isn't the same as being gay or straight.

You don't choose who you are attracted to, just who you do stuff with. I get that the bible tells you that only the act is the sin, but you're gay or straight whether you're having sex or not.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

It's also really sad that he is still trying to use awful line of reasoning hours after Fred dismissed it.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]